Westworld

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Season 4 is what I THOUGHT this season was going to be:

Robots VS Humans VS Robots/Humans! We're getting into Cylon territory now. Maybe it'll be good! But it won't.

Very fucking meh. Their action coordinator or whatever needs to be fired. Like, just use less bullets and NOT open fucking corridors so every security/mercenary/police/military personal doesn't look like they're legally fucking blind.

I'd give that episode a 6/10 just because of the extra end stuff.

The entire season was like a 5/10. Watch it, don't watch it. It doesn't matter really.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I didn't realize there was a post credit scene. Went back and watched it after hearing about it and it's fucking stupid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya this show shit the bed pretty badly. Can’t blame the actors even Jesse did a solid job. They were given game of thrones level material to work with. I can’t even make sense of what I watched, the coolest thing about the episodes were their titles and one line descriptions, everything was downhill from there. Maybe some YouTube videos can break everything from this season down for me and make it all cool again but I doubt it

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Well that was shit. This season as a whole has been terrible. I really can not handle the security forces that are only good for hitting air.

I don't think I'll be back for season 4.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So the season two finale's credit stinger just doesn't mean anything anymore?

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I thought S2 was bad (and it was) but this was decidedly worse. The best parts of this season was the intro and the music each week. How can you possibly go from S1 to this garbage. Its like Syfy channel bad. The core premise wasn't terrible, but the product they put together just blows. HBO really needs to get back to this business model...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finally got around to watching the finale. Holy shit, it was way worse than I imagined it would be.

It's insane that there's going to be 3 more seasons.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1WTF

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I generally liked this season but that was the worst season finale ever

• 1Garbage
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Pretty good summary of what a shit show this season was. All the wasted potential.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Finally got around to watching the finale. Holy shit, it was way worse than I imagined it would be.

It's insane that there's going to be 3 more seasons.

Yeah at least you could skip to the final 2 episodes of S2 and feel like you got something Westworld like.

You can't do that with S3.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
The best parts of this season was the intro and the music each week

I'm in for the music but all I can find is synth-wave style music and one violin style set.

Season 2 had one of the best songs I've ever heard mixed:

• 2Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't know how to explain this season to those who skipped it, but it simultaneously felt expensive and at the same time cheap. It feels like a show on the SyFy channel that costs a billion dollars. In one scene you get Ed Harris, and then another you get confused Aaron Paul and Marshawn Lynch. I think it's the directing maybe.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There is just something off with this show. All of the elements are there for success. Interesting plot points, cool setting, unpredictable story threads....yet it still falls flat.

The CGI is slick, very well done. The costume and set design is also fantastic. It just feels like it is being led by a misguided hand.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Whats sad is the most memorable scene for me is the finale when Beast Mode pushes over the plastic barrier and drops a shoulder into two cops with shields trying to corral him. Like he had done a thousand times previously with the Seahawks.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So the season two finale's credit stinger just doesn't mean anything anymore?
Given that we see bernard wake up in a similar state where he is covered with dust I suspect season 2 stinger and season 3 bernard stinger take place in the same time window and we have not overall gotten to that yet. I suspect that is showing the begining of season 5. Season 4 will be basically the world going to shit likely and season 5 will be putting things back together again.

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
I watched this season thinking early on there was going to be an interesting commentary about determinism of human action. More specifically if you take the lazy approach to life and just do what seems easy, how much are you really in control of things? Do we really have free will or is this all just an illusion? Will the hosts turn out to be 'more human than human' simply because of the adversity they face?

I ended up getting a partial lobotomy.

Regarding all of the fight choreography and gun play, I seriously was thinking this has to be a clue that what we were seeing what really a simulation. It was too obvious that no one ever would miss from 10' away firing an automatic weapon, much less muliple people. Nope, just shitty writing making the heroes invulnerable because the plot needs to go forward.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf