Westworld

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
there are whacky theories on reddit about how everything we are seeing is a simulation inside Solomon or Rehoboam based on the numbers on that weird ass black and white watch droplet thing but honestly it'd give you a headache just trying to figure out what those nutjobs are talking about

maybe if we get a bunch of new actors for season 4 we'll get back to seeing tits, i was laughing hard when Dolores would show up as a bot in season 3 and her hair would strategically cover everything up

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
there are whacky theories on reddit about how everything we are seeing is a simulation inside Solomon or Rehoboam based on the numbers on that weird ass black and white watch droplet thing but honestly it'd give you a headache just trying to figure out what those nutjobs are talking about

You are also giving the writers WAAAY too much credit for being creative.

Season 1 was impressive, more or less.

Season 2 had a couple REALLY well done episodes...that didn't fit AT ALL with the general narrative, but were still interesting.

Season 3 I can't tell you about because season 2, other than 1-2 episodes, was so bad I refused to watch season 3.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I stopped watching but this was good enough. How nonsensical lol.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Season 1 = 9/10, Season 2: 5/10, Season 3 2/10. Yeah fuck this. Please for the love OF FUCK, please make good sci-fi.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
SJW trash. Surprising no one who paid even a modicum of attention to same garbage in season 2.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
HBO really needs to get back to this business model...

I think Westworld is the mentally challenged offspring of the now famous "TV showrunner" business model HBO (with others) kind of started more than two decades ago. Back in the day you'd have showrunners like David Chase (The Sopranos), David Simon (The Sopranos) doing their stuff with absolute artistic freedom, often fighting for budget and artistic choices. Now you have people like Benioff and Weiss ruining GoT material and John Nolan and Lisa Joy ruining Westworld material, they don't seem to have budget limits and the only struggle they seem to have is how dumb their characters can act to make the plot go forward.

I guess in the case of Westworld, whether it's shit quality but create viewers / ratings, there's no way any studio executive is gonna pull the plug if it rakes money in. HBO sure filled up their pockets with Game Of Thrones, the last seasons were comically bad and actors still get meme bullied over it one year after. You'd think at some point there's gonna be some head exec barging in and tell people to get their shit right. Well, that didn't happen for GoT and that surely isn't happening for Westworld. Season 3 is an artistic failure on an industrial level, a 101 class on how bad you can turn money into television, and alas television into money.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think Westworld is the mentally challenged offspring of the now famous "TV showrunner" business model HBO (with others) kind of started more than two decades ago. Back in the day you'd have showrunners like David Chase (The Sopranos), David Simon (The Sopranos) doing their stuff with absolute artistic freedom, often fighting for budget and artistic choices. Now you have people like Benioff and Weiss ruining GoT material and John Nolan and Lisa Joy ruining Westworld material, they don't seem to have budget limits and the only struggle they seem to have is how dumb their characters can act to make the plot go forward.

I guess in the case of Westworld, whether it's shit quality but create viewers / ratings, there's no way any studio executive is gonna pull the plug if it rakes money in. HBO sure filled up their pockets with Game Of Thrones, the last seasons were comically bad and actors still get meme bullied over it one year after. You'd think at some point there's gonna be some head exec barging in and tell people to get their shit right. Well, that didn't happen for GoT and that surely isn't happening for Westworld. Season 3 is an artistic failure on an industrial level, a 101 class on how bad you can turn money into television, and alas television into money.
HBO is now owned by AT&T. Believe me when I say you haven't even begun to see bad management decisions from HBO yet. It will get worse. I promise.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Season 1 = 9/10, Season 2: 5/10, Season 3 2/10. Yeah fuck this. Please for the love OF FUCK, please make good sci-fi.

So after a few episodes in Season 2 I was completely done with the sho emotionally, I was skipping conversations because after I heard some characters talk they basically said the same things on repeat to every new character. The story stopped even making sense chronologically, then to cap the season off, they did the same gimmick for the reveal that, "HAHA YOU AREN'T WATCHING NEW THINGS IT'S ALL OLD!!"

Which made me wonder how viewership of Westworld stacks up to other shows, since Westworld basically tanked HARD in viewer numbers.

Keep in mind they have...what...3 more seasons planned? Those 5 people planning to watch til season 6 ep 10 must be on the edge of their seats.

1589322500295.png

1589322534708.png

1589322556363.png

1589322692674.png

SJW trash. Surprising no one who paid even a modicum of attention to same garbage in season 2.

Season 2 was a god damn abortion (god damnit I gotta pick a different word for you since you like abortions).

Suddenly trained military grade SECURITY people were missing shots that even a grunt fresh out of basic training wouldn't miss.

Suddenly we get not just 1 awoken AI we have 3 or 4 running around! Some were even awake far before Delores.

Honest to god it just got boring and predictable and that was before EP1 even finished.

3 more seasons, they plan on 6 total seasons, can't wait for the forced LBGT characters. Can't wait to hear about Bruce Jenner, tits out and cock exposed executing an EVIL WHITE MAN that happens to be a golden-red haired man in a suit.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
HBO is now owned by AT&T. Believe me when I say you haven't even begun to see bad management decisions from HBO yet. It will get worse. I promise.

They want to add something like 20 shows per year.

It's gonna get buck ass wild boys.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
A lot of shows are "Water Cooler" shows. "Oh man did you watch X, I got Jane into X and she loves it, she's 3 seasons in!" to which you watch the show because you don't wanna be a bitch or you enjoy it. When a show ends and then comes back, there isn't a water cooler effect. No one talks about it because it doesn't have the level of interest it needs. Then, if the "pilot v2.0" isn't what they want, even the diehards tune out.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Fuck you westworld, I will defeat this raid boss of bad TV.

First good scene in the season halfway through episode 5. The part where all the karens learn their future and start crying at their impending suicides and being unfit for life made me laugh.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fuck you westworld, I will defeat this raid boss of bad TV.

First good scene in the season halfway through episode 5. The part where all the karens learn their future and start crying at their impending suicides and being unfit for life made me laugh.

yeah you sure showed 'em! running up their ratings count.

they're waving the white flag as we speak.