Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Damn if I don't just LOVE this show.

But it isn't making much sense yet.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
now we know this site has the worst theorists because none of them is right and only Arnold seems interesting.

Pretty much! Although, to be fair, most theories involving multiple time lines based on one random shot of a westworld logo are bound to be false.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't be surprised if the company employees aren't human, but also androids. Arnold placed consciousness and memories into them as well during an experiment, and realized that he had to give them purpose to achieve consciousness. Their purpose is to run Westworld.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

So Bernard is a dumbass. Advancing robot AI, partial awareness. Robot can't tell between reality and the storylines. /whelp guess I'll just send you back to get murdered over and over. /this is fine.
Test realm? nah. Any other role besides being shot/raped over and over? nah.

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
So Bernard is a dumbass. Advancing robot AI, partial awareness. Robot can't tell between reality and the storylines. /whelp guess I'll just send you back to get murdered over and over. /this is fine.
Test realm? nah. Any other role besides being shot/raped over and over? nah.
only way to accelerate her "evolution."

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
The one part I found confusing from last night's episode: when Dolores gets shot and then time rewinds back to ten seconds earlier which allows her to get away. Was she having a flashback where she knew she was going to be shot because it was part of the loop, or was there a glitch in the park just then (kinda like what happened in the Matrix with the cat that Neo sees)?

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Was she having a flashback where she knew she was going to be shot because it was part of the loop
Yes, it was a flashback to a previous time she had been shot under the same circumstances.

• 1Like

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
No, because the people who run the park are very much aware that he's around. But he has something to do with Arnold for sure.

Not to mention the photo of Ford and Arnold clearly shows a younger Hopkins while Arnold doesn't look anything like Ed Harris. Unless Arnold uploaded his full consciousness into a host before the "accident"... But then that wouldn't make sense for Arnold to be doing his own FA quest, assuming he created it.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So at this point. It seems that Arnold devoted his life, for some reason, into making a true artificial intelligence. Due to the nature of this particular experiment he either died integrating himself into the system (Anthony Hopkins says he was, "extremely careful.") or he left some kind of latent design to be triggered based on X...

In light of this I am going to agree that The Maze is part of an intricate reverse Turing Test. In the same way you could test a machine to see if it was conscious you can test a conscious robot to see if it is human.

While this sounds cool in my head its probably retarded.

• 2Like

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
The conversation Ford had about Arnold immediately made me suspicious of Ford. I wondered if he was actually the one trying to create life and Arnold was stopping him so he killed Arnold. Also seems Arnold's consciousness is still alive somehow in the park.

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I doubt it. The show goes out of their way to portray Ford as a benevolent creator who has no feelings for his creation. For instance, when the asian assistant had the old man covered, he belittled him about treating these creatures with respect.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ford also seems to have the right realization that the very last thing you want to do after trapping them into a sexbot murder western hell is grant your creations sentience or anything even approaching it and actively dissuades others from thinking about them like that or trying to follow that path.

• 1Like

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
Ford also seems to have the right realization that the very last thing you want to do after trapping them into a sexbot murder western hell is grant your creations sentience or anything even approaching it and actively dissuades others from thinking about them like that or trying to follow that path.

He'd have to put on a show like that if he wanted to get away with it though. It's not that hard to believe he's a sadist considering he is the creator of sexbot murder western hell.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
In the last episode though he talks about with everything we do to these hosts we at least owe them is to not make them remember the terrible things that happen to them every day. A true sadist would not care and just let them stew in the memories every day being unable to do anything about it.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Damn if I don't just LOVE this show.

But it isn't making much sense yet.

Same, I don't really get whats going on with all the crazy shit but I fucking love it and hope the payoff is as good as the build up.

I would 100% live in westworld all day erry day, Westworld MMO in VR needs to be a thing

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Westworld and the show Humans both show some similar dangers. If you can really make robots this close to humans maybe you should rethink and step back a bit. There is a point when it is good enough so sex up and murder without risking it starting to realize what you are doing and take offense at it.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The production on this show is insane, doesnt each episode cost something like 30 million? Thought I read somewhere is was more expensive than even GoT but thats probably wrong.

Edit - guess the pilot was 25 million but the production seems much better the last 2 episodes. So glad this is 10 episodes and not a short season with only 7-8 such as TD

Last edited:
  • 1Like

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
The part where the hosts were stuck arguing around the campfire for 2 days cause nobody was programed to chop wood is hilarious to me.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users