Westworld

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else know that this is a remake of an old 70's movie starring Yul Brynner? I never saw it, so don't know how much they have in common. Has anyone seen it?
Also, I love the player piano playing "No Surprises." One of my all time favorite songs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone else know that this is a remake of an old 70's movie starring Yul Brynner? I never saw it, so don't know how much they have in common. Has anyone seen it?
Also, I love the player piano playing "No Surprises." One of my all time favorite songs.

Yes, it is a remake. And it was being re-run this past weekend on one of smaller cable channels. I remember it being weird also, but I was a kid then.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider

hqdefault.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ladro

Anomaly
There is no concrete evidence that Ed Harris is actually human is there? Aside from the parks rules acting that way and some of his comments... after the initial missdirect with Teddy I feel like anything is possible and to not take things like that for face value.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ladro Ladro we can neither prove nor disprove that he's a robot. I stand by the idea that he is due to how nonsensical the maze plot is if he's not.

Just my retard opinion though.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
But the maze plot is not nonsensical unless you add your made up shit to it. It's simply a mystery right now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
There is no concrete evidence that Ed Harris is actually human is there? Aside from the parks rules acting that way and some of his comments... after the initial missdirect with Teddy I feel like anything is possible and to not take things like that for face value.

I've been wondering that same thing, except he said he's been going there (or been in the park) since the beginning, and we know from the first episode that the first crop of hosts weren't very sophisticated, so it's hard for me to believe that he's a host. It'll be interesting to see how the maze comes into play in the storyline, and the fact that Ed Harris keeps talking about wanting to play "the real game" will probably give more away about who he really is, and his true motives.

• 2Like

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
William is the man in black. When he arrives the logos look a bit retro. Also, in the first episode you see that Ed Harris has a can roll up to him that he picks up and gives to Dolores. This happens in the second episode with William. He chose the white hat 30 years back and it signifies his purity, doesn't like when his coworkers does the things he does. Something happened in that timeframe for him to change to black.

All speculation of course but seems to fit

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ladro Ladro we can neither prove nor disprove that he's a robot. I stand by the idea that he is due to how nonsensical the maze plot is if he's not.

Just my retard opinion though.

I think he's not just human, but either one of the original programmers, or knows a lot of shit
Here, the whore tries the "your new here" line, and he silences her w/ the hand gesture, and guy just gets up off his chair when he approaches.
*edit, gif went funky

Sure it could be that, the guy's purpose is just to sit there until they detect a guest walking in, but the silence wave/gesture. Either that's just a common command or only special ppl know or are allowed to control hosts w/ just hand movements, like Anthony Hopkins w/ the snake.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
William is the man in black. When he arrives the logos look a bit retro. Also, in the first episode you see that Ed Harris has a can roll up to him that he picks up and gives to Dolores. This happens in the second episode with William. He chose the white hat 30 years back and it signifies his purity, doesn't like when his coworkers does the things he does. Something happened in that timeframe for him to change to black.

All speculation of course but seems to fit

That's a pretty interesting take. Makes me want to go back and see how true this could be.

• 1Like

Brad2770

Ed Harris' character is a bot and is the ultimate experiment. He is allowed to keep all of his memories. I think he AH's personal experiment and he will somehow conclude at the church that AH was talking about being the grand idea and not just another expansion.

I don't have much to go off of for now. My idea may completely change as the show goes on.

• 1Like

Caliane

I think the robots are actually angels. and this is all taking place 500k years ago.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>

The behind the screens operator guy did refer to him as a customer when discussing his rampage and saying he gets whatever he wants.

• 1Like

Cybsled

That's a pretty interesting take. Makes me want to go back and see how true this could be.

Hmm...I like this theory. Be interesting to see if it holds up in future episodes.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
The behind the screens operator guy did refer to him as a customer when discussing his rampage and saying he gets whatever he wants.

So the guy with the tablet says "This guest already took out an entire posse, want me to slow him down?" and then the main security guys says "That gentleman gets whatever he wants." Doesn't confirm he's human, just that for some reason he gets to do whatever he pleases. I'm under the impression that this is some sort of Singularity option for the ultra mega rich and the maze is his way "out" back to the "real" world. A final Turing test as it were.

• 2Like

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
So the guy with the tablet says "This guest already took out an entire posse, want me to slow him down?" and then the main security guys says "That gentleman gets whatever he wants." Doesn't confirm he's human, just that for some reason he gets to do whatever he pleases. I'm under the impression that this is some sort of Singularity option for the ultra mega rich and the maze is his way "out" back to the "real" world. A final Turing test as it were.

Good catch on my fault memory. He still seems too human when recalling 30 years of memories in the box and the details he knows about the robot characters. Why would they program him for that or never have wiped him?

• 1Like