Westworld

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Man, I love this show. The lunch scene with the QA chick and Hopkins was really good. I agree that the separate timeline thing is looking weak at this point. The amount of red herrings involved, if it were true, would make it completely stupid(ie: the guy saying Delores is off her track, having a guy actually grab Delores).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So looks like TMIB is looking for the perma death server and finally sits down with the Hannibal Lecter game dev in the previews. Please let them be eating mozz sticks, I'll lose my shit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

I haven't watched the latest episode but I actually had two theories. One about William, the other about Ford.

I said Ford was much darker than we expect, and is a sociopath capable of murder. It sounds like that may be true.

So at worst I'm shooting 50%.
So, Swordart online?

In general,
I do think the "its a mmo" analogies would have been a good direction. And, should be a bit heavier handed. I did mention the parallels of mmo design, and player behavior, vs what is going. but, I am certain, casual viewers would not note it.

I had personally noted earlier how, most/all of our theories were too elaborate. The show is not playing games. everything is "what you see, is what you get." Every explication to a "mystery" is the simplest one. I liked the two timeline theory, so didn't point it out earlier. But, doing so now. Go rewatch the episodes, then check out what people are saying. Everything is straightforward.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Man, I love this show. The lunch scene with the QA chick and Hopkins was really good. I agree that the separate timeline thing is looking weak at this point. The amount of red herrings involved, if it were true, would make it completely stupid(ie: the guy saying Delores is off her track, having a guy actually grab Delores).
The only reason I wouldn't completely write it off at this point is because JJ Abrams is involved who knows a thing or two about hamfisting retarded swerves into his shows at the expense of having a coherent plot.

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
So when Dolores is talking to Bernard after she stumbled into Williams camp, did they actually go in and snatch her out of the the camp for Bernard to interview? and then they reinsert her while other Guests are just hanging around? How is Bernard getting all this unrestricted access to remove Dolores whenever he wants?

• 1Like

Caliane

So when Dolores is talking to Bernard after she stumbled into Williams camp, did they actually go in and snatch her out of the the camp for Bernard to interview? and then they reinsert her while other Guests are just hanging around? How is Bernard getting all this unrestricted access to remove Dolores whenever he wants?
thats a good point. When IS Bernards talks occuring?

And to point it out, Hopkin's talking about Bernard is still very creepy/odd. "we know everything about our employees". So, it could just be a father/son type deal. Him protecting Bernard, while threatening her.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, that timeline is definitely in question. Is it possible all of those talks with Delores happened prior to her "awakening"? Possibly prior to even the first episode? Have they mentioned anything in those talks that would exclude that possibility?

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
That was my guess - these talks are way in the past, she's been sentient from jump street.

Show is so good, really scratching an itch for me. Also loved the subtle MMO throwbacks - gun upgrade, hardcore mode etc. Just a lovely show, and making me want to hop in the car and head out to Canyonlands, Arches etc. Utah really is a magnificently beautiful state.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

I think most of the talks were 1:1 timeline. The whole fly thing. Would seem to me those talks were occuring as the show went on, and she was in the shop, having been killed during the raid on her farm over and over. and when her dad when haywire. He even questioned her about her dad directly, and what he said.

The most recent one though.. yeah. she was on the run with William. so, that one couldn't have been.

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
the scene is cut weird so that whenever the Bernard talks are done it shows Dolores waking up. I'm assuming these talks were done in the past and Dolores is just remembering but the way its cut lends people to believe that he is questioning her during her "sleep".

if you notice she is in several different environments during the talks. one looks like a basement with glass walls and one is just all glass walls. if you notice during the talk about her dad she is in the one with all glass and the one last night was the basement one.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Really interested in where this maze plot is going. The upgrade and MMO cliches are especially priceless though. Its like you're LARPing in Fallout!

The next episode preview has Ed Harris confronting Anthony Hopkins though. With possibly a special host bodyguard of his that can actually hurt people. Also super curious what he's building in that quarry with his discarded character slaves.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit! What an episode! That was the best episode yet. I love the references to video games with weapon upgrades and even an "easter egg." I'm still going with William being the Man in Black. In the scene with Bernard and Dolores, it's never actually revealed that she ran away to the camp where she ran into William, she just says she ran away. It could have been from an earlier loop, and not necessarily from the present time line. Also, the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking that what the Man in Black wants (if it really is William) is to find a way to get Dolores out of the park, and the maze is the answer to freeing her (kinda like a modern day Pinocchio). If you think about it, it never really shows the MIB raping her when he takes her into the barn. My guess now is, he didn't assault her, but rather placed the gun into the hay which she then used when she shot the bandit (again, going with the theory that they're showing things not in chronological order and that they are using flashbacks to fuck with the audience).

But that's just my theory...

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
William is not the Man in Black. Dolores ran away to William after Teddy got fucked up by the cult and then later the Man in Black finds him where the cult left him.

• 1Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Really interested in where this maze plot is going. The upgrade and MMO cliches are especially priceless though. Its like you're LARPing in Fallout!

Now MiB is going to have to collect 100 bear asses to proceed to the next quest chain for the maze

• 6Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
William is not the Man in Black. Dolores ran away to William after Teddy got fucked up by the cult and then later the Man in Black finds him where the cult left him.
We all recognize this other than Mist and Woolygimp (the low IQ demographic)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tenks

I also take it by the limited interaction MiB had with other guests he's some sort of mega billionaire with a bunch of charities set up out in the real world?

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
At the center of the maze is a Priest of Discord. You hand your scalp in and get your PVP flag turned on. You can now kill other players. Woolygimp, please confirm.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
At the center of the maze is a Priest of Discord. You hand your scalp in and get your PVP flag turned on. You can now kill other players. Woolygimp, please confirm.
The quest turn in is actually a book the MiB got when he firat arrived at the park. Of course since he had limited bag space he tossed it, not knowing what it was for.

• 2Like

Tenks

Center of the maze was never intended to be found thus not QA tested and very buggy. MiB will start the encounter and GMF0rd will spawn next to him and deathtouch. Fade to black. Play credits.

• 2Like