Westworld

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
MiB is Ed Harris. He's using all the money he made from that movie about the ocean and diving and aliens. What is it called?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
MiB is Ed Harris. He's using all the money he made from that movie about the ocean and diving and aliens. What is it called?
Cowboys_%26_Aliens.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm curious what the two guests were talking about when the approached Ed Harris and thanked him for the foundation. Is that part of the company?

No, I think Ed Harris is a super rich, super nice guy outside of the park, and that this persona that he created in the park is the exact opposite of who he really is, or it's who he really is deep down but pretends to be someone else in real life. I don't think it has anything to do with the park itself as a potential share holder of the company, but I could be wrong.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Maybe MiB's foundation is the start of The Foundation for the Foundation series on HBO and this is the prequel.

• 1Like

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
MiB is going to get to the middle of the maze and find a cloth cap. Then commit suicide.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I didn't even realize HBO was making a Foundation series... mind blown. I was literally thinking the other day about how this Westworld show thus far has been one of the better screen adaptations of Crichton's work (nevermind that this is a screen to screen adaptation), and that it's too bad some of his other works couldn't have been done in a quality HBO-like series. He had so many great stories that were turned into horrible to average movies to try to make them palatable to the masses. That led me to thinking of how horrible iRobot the movie was, and why couldn't somebody make a quality series out of Foundation.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
This fucken dick swinging between hbo and netflix is so god damn awesome.

• 2Like

uncognito

Trakanon Raider

Not sure if I buy that the old church was buried. But Delores finding her own grave sometime in the past is significant. I guess her and Maeve have both been awakening/becoming aware for a long time while still being stuck in their loops and having their memories erased.

• 1Like

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
When the lady mentioned the board members descending soon, I immediately thought about them arriving on a different moon or planet where Westworld is located. That and the fact that the employees rotate in and out not unlike a military deployment lends me to believe this to be the case.

One thing I'm curious about is the mention of Orion's belt. Thor's brother mentions that there are three stars in Orion's belt rather than four. Is that a clue that they aren't on earth, so the sky is different? If so, is the security guy just thinking of the sky from earth when he makes the comment?

As far as Delores and the gun goes...she pulls it from the drawer and then closes it. When she reopens it, it's gone. Later she pulls it from the hay to shoot Trevor. I assumed that she remembered something and realized that keeping it in the drawer wasn't going to help much. She needed it out in the barn, so she hid it there.

As far as the rest, I have no idea, but I'm loving it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Good shit.

Another timeline thing:
Delores' Dad malfunction featured MiB at his current age. Dad swap occurs and she starts waking up and leaving the loop with new Dad = MiB is MiB and Charlie's Cousin is Charlie's cousin

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
I think it's interesting that Ford's new story line includes figurines and drawings of the men that come in and do the clean up after the hosts die. Not sure what the tie in is going to be, but it's almost like Ford is acknowledging that the awakening is happening and is either fostering it or attempting to squash it by using the story to manipulate the hosts.

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Interesting to note that the hosts can hide things from humans (compartment underneath the floorboards).

Also, Thandie Newton is better in this than all her other acting roles combined. That is a goddamn miracle.

• 1Like

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ed Harris is obviously rich enough to go to a park for 30 years that charges 1.2 million per week. He runs a foundation that helps sick children. It saves some dude's sister's life.

...but now he's on vacay. And in Westworld, we don't help little kids, we murder them.

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
As far as Delores and the gun goes...she pulls it from the drawer and then closes it. When she reopens it, it's gone. Later she pulls it from the hay to shoot Trevor. I assumed that she remembered something and realized that keeping it in the drawer wasn't going to help much. She needed it out in the barn, so she hid it there.

As far as the rest, I have no idea, but I'm loving it.

I'll have to watch the scene again but i dont think it was the same gun, i thought she grabbed the guys gun that was dragging her into the barn, he looked down at his holster when she pulled it.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Ed Harris was all, "This is a role-play server, faggot. Don't talk to me."

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I actually really liked all four episodes so far. Finished them up last night.

• 1Like