Westworld

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yes, timeline theory is ruined and my thought that Ed Harris was a robot also ruined.

Damn. I was so close! JJ Abrams could still throw me a bone and vindicate my retard theories with a nonsensical plot swerve though. Come on JJ, help me save face here.

I'm totally cool with any of these endings cliche EQ/hardcore mmo style by the way. GM Ford coming in and death touching him via OP Host with Murder Guest ability unlocked is fitting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm watching the episode now. How about you guys wait off on the two-timeline theory for now, because unless William is directly seen conversing with a member of the current timeline, it's still in effect, because of clever editing. They wouldn't reveal the two timelines in episode 4, and would probably throw even more red herrings out there. Just fucking hold on to your horses.

Has anyone noticed in the opening sequence? The piano? They're shown creating an android, which plays the piano ( a machine ), then the piano starts playing itself. If that isn't a fucking metaphor for what's about to happen, I don't know what is.

Also, aren't there supposed to be multiple seasons to this show?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'm watching the episode now. How about you guys wait off on the two-timeline theory for now, because unless William is directly seen conversing with a member of the current timeline, it's still in effect, because of clever editing. They wouldn't reveal the two timelines in episode 4, and would probably throw even more red herrings out there. Just fucking hold on to your horses.

Has anyone noticed in the opening sequence? The piano? They're shown creating an android, which plays the piano ( a machine ), then the piano starts playing itself. If that isn't a fucking metaphor for what's about to happen, I don't know what is.

Your theory, just like evwrything else you spew is insane.

Player paino. There is even one in the show they show close ups of...all the fucking time.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Woolygimp

Dolores waking up with the gun kind of torpedoed there being two timelines.

If you don't know the significance of a machine (piano) being able to play itself in the context of this show, then you're dumb.

Anyway, I'm still shooting 50%.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

The sword in the theory is the current QA lady saying Delores is off the reservation. Sending out someone to retrieve her and William being there with her. So the guy doesn't retrieve Delores.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Dolores waking up with the gun kind of torpedoed there being two timelines.

If you don't know the significance of a machine (piano) being able to play itself in the context of this show, then you're dumb.

Anyway, I'm still shooting 50%.
I'm just pointing out how fucking stupid you are. It's a player paino and the show uses it all the time to show significance of the hosts maintaining a script as well as autonomy

• 1Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I'm curious what the two guests were talking about when the approached Ed Harris and thanked him for the foundation. Is that part of the company?

• 1Like

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
So when Delores was talking to the little girl, then the girl and her sand drawing disappeared, does that mean it was a memory and that conversation happened in the past?

• 1Like

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Center of the maze was never intended to be found thus not QA tested and very buggy. MiB will start the encounter and GMF0rd will spawn next to him and deathtouch. Fade to black. Play credits.

Naw. But MiB gonna be so pissed when he makes it to the center of the maze and all he gets for his efforts is a cloth cap.

What WAS the player piano song this time? You can tell it's some kind of modern pop / rock - I tried replaying it like 10 times and I barely recognize it but cannot place it.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
will william and delores fuck
I wanna take WIlliam's position. I am secretly a fedora wearing faggot.

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
1254436.png

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I knew the wait would pay off. The show has finally hooked me and I'm all in. Like others have said, the MMO references are golden, and help keep things in perspective that this is a theme park. However, I'm just taking this at face value as it goes, because if you read too much into it, and it ends up not being the case you will be grossly disappointed. I'm of the opinion that Bernard's and Delores's talks are not happening right then, but no more than a few days prior. If not, then it will be cool, I'm sure. But either way this show is really awesome.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm going to be stubborn and stick to their being multiple time lines being displayed. The mexican town they go to with William, she has flashes of having been there when talking to the young girl yet this is off her loop. So she has been off her loop before, this is not that different than the head whore lady drawing that same thing over and over. They are breaking their programming all the time but they are just making very little headway because they are constantly having to start from square one.

I'm really enjoying it but the more complex it becomes the more likely there will be scenes we can go back to and say WTF that doesn't make any sense, or it may set the bar high and have every scene in retrospect become clear but that is a tall order and am skeptical at best.

As long as the journey is fun I'll get over it.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I listened to it several times, but I'm pretty sure the head Q&A lady said that the board would be "descending" soon. That could be trickery going both ways, to make us think it is really a "descent" or just a fancy word for "arriving". I'd imagine the outerspace theories are having a field day with that one if I heard it correctly.

Anyone else hear it that way?

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I'm going to be stubborn and stick to their being multiple time lines being displayed. The mexican town they go to with William, she has flashes of having been there when talking to the young girl yet this is off her loop. So she has been off her loop before, this is not that different than the head whore lady drawing that same thing over and over. They are breaking their programming all the time but they are just making very little headway because they are constantly having to start from square one.

I'm really enjoying it but the more complex it becomes the more likely there will be scenes we can go back to and say WTF that doesn't make any sense, or it may set the bar high and have every scene in retrospect become clear but that is a tall order and am skeptical at best.

As long as the journey is fun I'll get over it.
It's probably easier to identify drastic breaks in their loops if they physially wander off (GPS tracking or whatever) than her sitting in her room doing shitty drawings.

• 1Like

Tenks

I'm curious what the two guests were talking about when the approached Ed Harris and thanked him for the foundation. Is that part of the company?

I doubt the foundation is part of the company. Like I said I just assumed he was a billionaire philanthropist that had foundations set up. In this case probably something for young sick children.

What they were talking about was I assume more to show that in real life MiB is a pretty well known figure. So they were just talking to each other building up the nerve to approach him.

• 1Like