Westworld

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Pretty certain after this episode that William is indeed The Man in Black. I will now be accepting all apologies from the previous few pages of those who opposed that theory and mocked us that knew the truth!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Pretty certain after this episode that William is indeed The Man in Black. I will now be accepting all apologies from the previous few pages of those who opposed that theory and mocked us that knew the truth!
While the whole Lawrence thing is in favor of William being the man in black, in the upcoming episode preview there is clearly a scene where the man in black encounters Dolores and she's wearing the cowgirl button-up shirt she received from him, so I don't know what to think. Still doesn't explain the guy that shows up get Dolores back on her loop in the previous episode either.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
While the whole Lawrence thing is in favor of William being the man in black, in the upcoming episode preview there is clearly a scene where the man in black encounters Dolores and she's wearing the cowgirl button-up shirt she received from him, so I don't know what to think. Still doesn't explain the guy that shows up get Dolores back on her loop in the previous episode either.

They aren't showing things chronologically, even in the same episode. They're being very coy with how they are splicing the shots together to fool the viewers. Because so many of these things could be part of so many different loops, taking place over so many different years, it's impossible to know which loop is actually happening now, and which is a loop from anywhere in the past. Even with Dolores where it seems like it must be the present because they're trying to make everyone believe that this is her first "awakening" and time off of her normal loop, but it has probably happened a dozen times or more already, and is more than likely completely all part of Anthony Hopkins' character's (Ford's) grand plan.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
They aren't showing things chronologically, even in the same episode. They're being very coy with how they are splicing the shots together to fool the viewers. Because so many of these things could be part of so many different loops, taking place over so many different years, it's impossible to know which loop is actually happening now, and which is a loop from anywhere in the past. Even with Dolores where it seems like it must be the present because they're trying to make everyone believe that this is her first "awakening" and time off of her normal loop, but it has probably happened a dozen times or more already, and is more than likely completely all part of Anthony Hopkins' character's (Flood's) grand plan.
if that's the direction they're going with i have a lot less confidence in this show.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
They aren't showing things chronologically, even in the same episode. They're being very coy with how they are splicing the shots together to fool the viewers. Because so many of these things could be part of so many different loops, taking place over so many different years, it's impossible to know which loop is actually happening now, and which is a loop from anywhere in the past. Even with Dolores where it seems like it must be the present because they're trying to make everyone believe that this is her first "awakening" and time off of her normal loop, but it has probably happened a dozen times or more already, and is more than likely completely all part of Anthony Hopkins' character's (Flood's) grand plan.
I do not trust this show anymore and I think this is correct.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Oops, realized I had Flood instead of Ford. Gotta start proofreading better.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
if that's the direction they're going with i have a lot less confidence in this show.

Why? I think it's pretty damn cool. They're revealing a lot about the MIB by showing how he first came to the park, and how he first found out about the maze, and Dolores' importance in all of this. Of course, there's still no definitive evidence that William is the Man in Black, but a lot of the stuff that was revealed tonight really hints at this being the case, especially at the end when Lawrence first gives him his name (how many other people in the park would've found that easter egg and known his true name? Seems like it was a really rare loop in the park). Also, the chat with Ford in the saloon was really hinting at it as well.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
The knife MiB had during the conversation with Ford was the same as the one William is holding in the preview. Not to say he can't come about it some way, but that's a pretty good indicator. I found it interesting that Fords first name is Robert, given the association.

Im not sure if I can keep trying to figure this out, it's sort of fun but I also want to kind of just enjoy the ride a bit too.

• 1Like

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Ha bet ya the center of the maze just sends you back to the 1st episode then credits. All kidding aside , really loving this and enjoying the ride.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
There was a ton of information in the conversation between Ford and Dolores tonight. I have to rewatch it. Ford saying something like, "do you remember who I used to be?" has me thinking up a dozen different theories about who Arnold might actually be (and obviously if he's even dead). The show is a ton of fun. I love all the mysteries and hints they're leaving in each episode. As long as the pay off at the end isn't like "Lost" it will probably be an all time great show.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Pretty much. If they're really going with the multiple timeline/William is the man in black thing, then the prior week's episode is really fucking stupid if only for the scene trying to get Dolores back into her loop. Showing a present day scene of third-string Hemsworth calling Dolores back into her loop, and then following it up with a totally unrelated yet coincidental scene of some rando fuck asking her to head home is bullshit and lazy fucking writing. Honestly I thought the William = man in black idea was cool, but I don't see how they tie it together at this point.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty much. If they're really going with the multiple timeline/William is the man in black thing, then the prior week's episode is really fucking stupid if only for the scene trying to get Dolores back into her loop. Showing a present day scene of third-string Hemsworth calling Dolores back into her loop, and then following it up with a totally unrelated yet coincidental scene of some rando fuck asking her to head home is bullshit and lazy fucking writing. Honestly I thought the William = man in black idea was cool, but I don't see how they tie it together at this point.

Agree. Not sure why they would play this out in such a complicated way, but there definitely is some timeline shit going on.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Thandie Newton's nips are too much. Like, literally. Too much nipple.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is kind of dumb. We SAW the QA Redhead direct them to retrieve Delores from going off track because of the new narrative Anthony Hopkins was designing. We saw someone try to retrieve Delores using the verbal command and being stopped because William was there. This isn't any weird splicing he actually said that. If there is some dumb shit on top of that they are just deceiving the audience which is dumb as fuck.

If what happened was actually some rando who just talked to Delores for no reason at that time to confuse us then fuck you.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I thought that episode was incredible.

Also the NIN violin cover was amazing.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
No it is a great episode. I am saying that the storyline is still a bit fucky and if any of this timeline shit is true then it is really hamfisted.

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
yea i have no idea wtf is going on at this point.

- Why did the asian technician guy work on maeve twice? he seemed surprised since he just finished patching her up.

- Lawrence...i have no idea, i think it confirms things aren't linear since he is hanging from a tree and with William at the same time. also the liquor bottle on the table said "lawrence brand" no idea if that means anything.

- Bill Bellick from prisonbreak as the confederate guy was awesome

- Anthony Hopkins is an amazing actor and his menacing tone during his dolores conversation was great. However i am starting to get a serious Lost... vibe from these conversations, we are going to need to get at least a small trickle of answers soon.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This show is either very simple or very fucked...

I'm going to go with fucked. There was no reason to bring Chekov's Delores Is The Oldest Robot Whore In The Park into play if they didn't intend to so [something] with the timeline shit. Effectively because of this anchor we have no frame of reference to what is actually happening and what has already happened. If the QA Redhead moving in on Delores' loop is some fucked splicing I have no hope for this show.

Now I could be wrong and it could be utterly brilliant. But timeline fuckery is hard to pull off well. None of the parties involved in this show's development are really pros at it. The journey will be more interesting than the destination I'm pretty sure.

• 1Like