Westworld

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Isn't the park around 30 years old? If so, then wouldn't the hosts during a young MiB timeline be more like the robot that Hopkins gets fucked up with and tells stories to? Or is it older?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Probably older. Dolores is just the oldest active host. Doesn't explain the man in black telling Teddy that the hosts weren't all flesh and blood when he first showed up though. Pretty sure they've been bleeding in the William scenes.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Also Logan told William that the park almost collapsed because of the Arnold incident 30 years ago. Let's debunk the William = MiB once and for all. Because if he said that then obviously this is happening in parallel to the Ed Harris stuff.

• 2Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
So what's going on with the whole transmitting data thing? Also why was the transmitter fucking gigantic? They can you know create AI that looms to be completely bio-engineered, but sending data to a satelite requires a massive iron rod?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Also Logan told William that the park almost collapsed because of the Arnold incident 30 years ago. Let's debunk the William = MiB once and for all. Because if he said that then obviously this is happening in parallel to the Ed Harris stuff.
At work so I can't really check it but I'm pretty sure Logan did not mention how long ago it was, which is just more fuckery considering everyone else makes a point to attach a time reference to Arnold.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
IIRC, he said something like all of this shit (in Pariah) is untested unlike the stuff in Sweetwater. But it is more interesting there for those who seek it. He said he didn't even know who the guy was who nearly caused the park's destruction. We, the audience, know it was Arnold.

But since Logan is so in the know and well connected. You'd think he'd be aware of who Arnold is if it happened like a few years ago. We also now know that the old robots were more robotic than biotech human androids. So if they're not giving a close up on that but do give a closeup on other parts. Then that may be an indicator.

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider

I hope its not some dumb time line faggotry but how cryptic everyone is with saying things could be some major misdirection on the shows part. the Logan thing could just be a red herring.

I also want to know why there are multiple lawrences, does that mean several of the hosts have multiples of themselves running around?

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Couple of things:

1. Ford talks about not being sentimental when he's destroying parts of the park yet it's clear he's kept Dolores around for sentimental reasons. He clearly states she's the last one left that was there when Arnold died and understands what happened which brings a tear to his eye. It's seems clear over the years this has happened to her before and that she was key to Arnold's plans, why not just incinerate her? The one thing I didn't get was he asks if she remembers who he used to be. Why? As has been pointed out a couple of times the real Robert Ford killed Jesse James in the back after being invited into his home. I'd guess Arnold and Ford weren't actually partners, at least in creating the park. It's either that or Arnold and Ford are one and the same person which seems like a bit of a stretch.

2. I think we heard the basis of what happened with Arnold when Ford told the old Saloon guy the story of the greyhound.

3. Just as Mauve drew the pictures every loop she's now killing herself every loop to prove she's not crazy. Seems cool but if that pussy Asian guy somehow becomes uber coder and unlocks all abilities for her then that would be some pretty hamfisted story telling. He couldn't even get the fucking bird to work but now he can code a complex biotech humanoid?

The time line stuff has always been an issue because he we have no basis to go off of for when anything happens. I think it's been done pretty well so far to make for the conversations that we're having. Whether the MiB = William or not it's at least fun to watch and guess.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
For point number 2, I took that as if they let the hosts do as they will, they do what they were always programmed to do and not really understand why, just as the greyhound chased and caught the cat and then just sat there.

Edit - can also be applied to the guests. Humans, just like the greyhound, inherently do certain things. Gets to the conversation between McPoyle and Dicks-out in the whore house.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to go with fucked. There was no reason to bring Chekov's Delores Is The Oldest Robot Whore In The Park into play if they didn't intend to so [something] with the timeline shit. Effectively because of this anchor we have no frame of reference to what is actually happening and what has already happened. If the QA Redhead moving in on Delores' loop is some fucked splicing I have no hope for this show.

Now I could be wrong and it could be utterly brilliant. But timeline fuckery is hard to pull off well. None of the parties involved in this show's development are really pros at it. The journey will be more interesting than the destination I'm pretty sure.

I'm not sure what to think right now. There are definitely scenes and hints which lead me to believe that William is the MIB, but others which make me pause and wonder if that's really true. As far as the girl trying to get Dolores to go back home, we are all just assuming that the guy in the town was from the present timeline and put there to get her back on her loop. But what if that guy was actually a host, and not someone who worked for the company? There was some strange shit going on in that town which leads me to believe it was from the past, and not the present timeline in the park. Anthony Hopkin's character, Ford sees the church almost completely buried, with only the bell tower sticking out of the ground, which has to be the church that Dolores keeps seeing in her visions, which leads me to believe that town, for whatever reason, was buried years ago. So that would mean the scenes with Dolores in that town would have to be from sometime in the past.

But then you have the conversation between MIB and Flood when he gave him the blood transfusion, and the MIB says he knew Flood when he wasn't so human, so that gives me pause, because we know that this is William's first time to the park, and obviously the hosts are much more lifelike when he visits. We also know that (or at least it's hinted at) that the MIB has been going to the park since almost the beginning, but it seems like at the most, when William arrives the park has already been around for quite some time. Then you also have the sit down between Ford and the MIB, where again it seems like the MIB has been coming to the park since the very beginning, because he knows so much about Ford, and Arnold, and the maze. In the end, it'll either be the most brilliant story in television history, or a huge middle finger to the audience. Either way, I'm enjoying the ride for the moment, and can't wait for the next episode!

• 2Like

Caliane

yeah, he didn't saying 30 years ago. In fact, was talking about it, as a recent occurrence.
The park had just opened recently, and was hemorrhaging money.
And, was talking about his company doing a buyout. (-board of directors in the future.)

That whole conversation really cemented, William and Logan are in the past.
The question then is, is THIS the 30 years ago incident? or was Arnolds death the incident?
Does Logan get killed? Dolores is going off script in the past. She "fights back", and William sees it. Which would really tie in him, trying to get her to fight back in the future... But, if, its her going rogue, its hard to imagine she would be still in service. so, must be some other robots that break script.

A few things we need to watch for. Robotics vs flesh. MiB clearly says, their old bodies were robotic, new ones are full on Bladerunner Synths, flesh. (Dolores imagining pulling a wire out of her arm.)
Background actors. Bodies are re-purposed for new roles. presumably, we should see a few robots as one character, then show up in the other timeline as a different character. I bet this has already happened, and we just haven't noticed it yet.

Greyhound parable I found funny. This the future... That shit is only legal in a few places, and really falling out of practice. I find it hard to imagine Ford would have ever seen a greyhound race in his lifetime.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The maze symbol was printed on the coffin in Pariah however. If William is the MiB then why the hell didn't he just go straight to Pariah? Did he forget about it? Why do all that other shit for the epic quest?

Isn't MiB being led to Pariah as is anyway?

• 2Like

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Is it just me or did Dolores' eye twitch during one scene? This could be a hint that this version is one of Old Bill's contemporaries and another clue that William is the MiB. Then again, the androids interacting with William and Logan seem far too sophisticated to suggest that this is the park's infancy.

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Let's just enjoy the ride. Next year it'll be season 2 and fat Colin Ferrell will show up and fuck it all up.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
The maze symbol was printed on the coffin in Pariah however. If William is the MiB then why the hell didn't he just go straight to Pariah? Did he forget about it? Why do all that other shit for the epic quest?

Isn't MiB being led to Pariah as is anyway?

I think the quest that William is currently on, with the nitroglycerin, is going to be part of Arnold's plan to blow up the maze, and destroy the park. My guess is the MIB saying that he helped to prevent it, is what we're watching William doing right now with Lawrence and Dolores. Now, why it would take him nearly 30 years (or however long it's been) to try and get back to the maze (if this is what's really happening) will be interesting to watch them explain. Unless of course they never actually make it to the maze, at which point it would make it pretty easy for Ford to reprogram the park and remove all the clues that William had gathered up to that point.

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
The scene with Dolores going off loop, the employee could possible be a host as well and that did occur 30 years ago. Ford mentioned Bernard that they tried to make it so that Arnold never existed. That would be why Logan only had spotty information on him. Logan talking about possibly buying a stake in the park ect really makes me think it is the past since MiB tells Ford he saved the park... so they did end up buying a stake in the park.

As for hosts in other roles. The orientation host from episode 2 is in the background in episode 3 in the park with period costume on.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It's like he mistakenly turned his Robe of the Whistling Fists into the wrong NPC and had to go back to camping Raster of Guk like a fucking pleb for the next 27 years. But instead of doing that he went off and did all of the newb quests in Freeport. Along with some memorable ones like the Stein of Moggok

But srs, doesn't make sense if he is so invested in the maze plot but spent the past 29 years or whatever grinding out all the questlines so it could look for the final epic quest.

If it was just some rando talking to Delores to get her back to the loop right after QA Redhead said they should bring her back into the loop and timeline fuckery is going on there then that is bullshit deceptive writing. I don't like that shit.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
what is the deal with the robots suddenly being able to beat the shit out of people?

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
what is the deal with the robots suddenly being able to beat the shit out of people?
This. I was really curious why all of a sudden hosts were throwing fists. And if the park is on 100% surveillance how they don't pick up on shit some of the hosts say or do, or what MiB is doing

• 1Like