Westworld

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
What? The first episode they say hosts can't "harm guests" and even go out of the way to show how they can't even harm life (the flies landing on them). Well except Delores at the end when she goes terminator and kills a fly

There's varying levels of "harm". She killed the fly, I don't think there is a way to harm a fly without killing it. I doubt Logan will even get hurt that badly but if you'll remember when the MiB was mowing down Lorenzo's cousins and the worker asked Hemsworth bro if they should slow him down and he said no, there has to be settings for the Hosts to make it harder on the Guests otherwise it would be pretty lame to pay $1.4m or whatever it is with no challenge at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
you can probably get down to 1 hp and then hosts back off to let you regen. it would be kinda fucked up if you found one that constantly tortured you though

that was one incredible orgy, reminded me a lot of spartacus

also Ben was packing heat yo

• 1Like

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I'm about 100% convinced that William is the MiB at this point, after thinking last week there was no chance. They intentionally tried to confuse the issue, but I'm ok with that. There are just too many reasons now for it to not be him.

-We know William is in the past because his friend talked about the creator's suicide and how the park was bleeding money afterwards. There's no way it's been in a nosedive towards bankruptcy for 30 years, so their scenes are in the past.
-We get to see the transformation of William from a tentative noob to the cold-hearted player he has become.
-We also get to see the transformation of William from corporate underling to world-renowned philanthropist or whatever his exact role in society is.
-"That man gets whatever he wants." We're going to find out why, we're going to find out how he saved the park from Arnold's plot.
-It's a good bet that some share in the park was sold shortly after William's scenes in the past, either to his company or to some other, and that is where the board from the present has come from.

His brother in law was just trying to get under his skin, to unleash the beast within? When William left him while he was getting lit up by the army, dude actually gave a smile as William was walking away.

I joked a few episodes back that MiB was the hero, but really, he's going to be the hero of the story. He is the only hero we have! It's going to be epic seeing him slay General v'Ghera.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I'm about 100% convinced that William is the MiB at this point, after thinking last week there was no chance. They intentionally tried to confuse the issue, but I'm ok with that. There are just too many reasons now for it to not be him.

-We know William is in the past because his friend talked about the creator's suicide and how the park was bleeding money afterwards. There's no way it's been in a nosedive towards bankruptcy for 30 years, so their scenes are in the past.
-We get to see the transformation of William from a tentative noob to the cold-hearted player he has become.
-We also get to see the transformation of William from corporate underling to world-renowned philanthropist or whatever his exact role in society is.
-"That man gets whatever he wants." We're going to find out why, we're going to find out how he saved the park from Arnold's plot.
-It's a good bet that some share in the park was sold shortly after William's scenes in the past, either to his company or to some other, and that is where the board from the present has come from.

His brother in law was just trying to get under his skin, to unleash the beast within? When William left him while he was getting lit up by the army, dude actually gave a smile as William was walking away.

I joked a few episodes back that MiB was the hero, but really, he's going to be the hero of the story. He is the only hero we have! It's going to be epic seeing him slay General v'Ghera.

Well, other than the train scene with the disappearing William and Latino crime boss dude, I think it's all bull still. Ford basically kidnaps her from the street parade in front of William and asks her how long ago her last contact with Arnold was, "Last contact was 34 years, 42 days, 7 hours."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
you can probably get down to 1 hp and then hosts back off to let you regen. it would be kinda fucked up if you found one that constantly tortured you though

that was one incredible orgy, reminded me a lot of spartacus

also Ben was packing heat yo
Well considering a single punch has the potential to kill somebody I don't see how that could work in reality. Unless the socio-legal environment is drastically different in the time of Westworld, I can't see how operating such a park would even be possible.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Well you can give some creedence to the idea. Logan said William would never be a threat to him. Logan is some bigwig at some big company. Man in Black is some bigwig at some big company. Westworld allowed him to do what he could never do before and overthrow Logan somehow.

I mean, it's plausible.
This whole seen seemed pretty retarded to me considering both are like early 30s.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Part of me believes that some of the support staff are Hosts, like the day to day people. Why wouldn't you outsource that mundane role? You really only need the humans that can perform complex tasks. At this point I'm not sure who is human other than the few main characters that are obvious, but even then the whole initial misdirect with Teddy is almost the perfect way to set up doubt about everything if you think about it.

• 2Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Another one of my theories that make me believe that William is the MIB: Logan and William have the confrontation in the brothel about William's "place" in the world, being satisfied with being CEO of middle management, then we have the scene later where the MIB says something to the effect of "the old me would've accepted that" (or something like that. Don't have it memorized). I'm thinking now that either Logan is killed in the park, or William murders Logan in the park, marries Logan's sister (I'm guessing Logan's family is the one that owns the company), and then becomes the President or whatever of his wife's family's company, and viola! You have super rich William/MIB, who now returns to the park all the time, knows Dolores and all of the nuances of the park, knows about the maze, and can be the kind hearted, philanthropist outside of the park, and the evil, crazy SOB inside the park.

I really think this is why they show him start to change when he murders that unarmed soldier. I get why he killed the one, it was going to kill Dolores. But when he kills the unarmed one with his hands up, he's definitely starting to turn.

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Cast is lucky HBO went for another season before this latest episode. What a crock

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
p48uldt.jpg

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
100% multiple timelines

We didn't get any "answers" that I thought we would this week, but more evidence. Puzzle pieces this week point to: Delores is Arnold's greatest experiment ("Voice of God" speaks to her, telling her what to do - jumpstarting consciousness) permitted to stay because of some sentimental reasons to Ford that could be his undoing, William is MIB, something happening to Logan is key to MIB getting whatever he wants. In the center of the maze exists something human (either Arnold or consciousness or whatever) and Dolores is either going to save MIB or thwart his effort.

The simplest explanation is Logan wanted to see who William could become. Compare William to MIB - the two protagonists exist in alternate timelines. All this messed up stuff happening to William and coming across characters that MIB is using to get to the center of the maze.

• 2Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
100% multiple timelines

We didn't get any "answers" that I thought we would this week, but more evidence. Puzzle pieces this week point to: Delores is Arnold's greatest experiment ("Voice of God" speaks to her, telling her what to do - jumpstarting consciousness) permitted to stay because of some sentimental reasons to Ford that could be his undoing, William is MIB, something happening to Logan is key to MIB getting whatever he wants. In the center of the maze exists something human (either Arnold or consciousness or whatever) and Dolores is either going to save MIB or thwart his effort.

The simplest explanation is Logan wanted to see who William could become. Compare William to MIB - the two protagonists exist in alternate timelines. All this messed up stuff happening to William and coming across characters that MIB is using to get to the center of the maze.
one thing that I noticed from Ford... it is almost as if he doesn't want to admit that his creations are behaving outside of the perimeter set by his programming. He asks the questions, but doesn't venture beyond them. He asserts quickly before Dolores could even answer his questions fully and accept the silence as a proof. Ford is actively dismissing any changes to his hosts.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
WestWorld Numbers FAQ:
WW takes place in the 21st Century -> WW is at least after 2030
Last Critical Failure, 30yrs
Dolores oldest host (does not denote as old as 30yrs, just oldest current host)
Old Bill is the 2nd host ever built
MiB has been visiting for 30yrs
Revelry update affects 10% of host population
200 hosts are affected
There are around 2,000 hosts
1,400 guests in the park
100 interconnected narratives
Sublevel 83 is cold storage
Hosts minimal blood required to work is 3 litres
2 weeks seems to be the avg stay
Hector is 1 week early to compensate for Revelry update
Maeve's aggression is suggested to be bumped 10%, it is doubled that
Dolores has had 138 encounters since she last talked to Bernard, including this one (staff)
Storyguy wants to retire an additional 50 hosts for his new story, he only gets 20
Maeve is examined again, Perception, emotional acuity 1.5% bump
Walter(crazy milk guy) kills 6 hosts, that have killed him in the past, 3 others are let go
Bounty on Samuel is worth $500
Ford,Arnold, team of engineers lived in the park for 3 years refining hosts
Hosts passed Turing Test after first year
Logan is paying $40k a day
Orions Belt has 3 stars not 4 (but he was drawing a target in the end)
MiB hastens Hectors escape by 3days w/ 2 pyrotechnic requests (cigars)
Clementine charges $5 an hour, $4 if you'r bathed
Dolores last Arnold contact 34yrs, 42days, 7hours
Arnold died 35 years ago (per MiB)

===
throw some numbers along that seem of significance

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
William has been married to Logan's sister for 1yr

Pretty sure that's not what was said, or intended.

Logan: "...put some memories in the spank bank... you'll thank me after you've been married to my sister for a year."

We can assume that this little trip is more like a bachelor party for William.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users