Westworld

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The fact that William and company run into Laurence(for the first time) right after they show MiB kill Laurence is clear evidence they are on different timelines(assuming there are not duplicate Laurences running around, which would be retarded). I'm still not on board with MiB being William just yet. That would mean Delores has been having visions for 30 years now? If this timeline fuckery ruins this awesome show, I'll be very disappointed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Idk. MiB did mention to faggy love boy someone would be by soon to pick up Lawrence

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
William =/= MiB

after MiB gives Teddy the blood transfusion

You used to be beautiful. When this place started, I opened one of you up once. A million little perfect pieces. And then they changed you. Made you this sad, real mess. Flesh and bone, just like us. They said it would improve the park experience. But you know why they really did it? It was cheaper. Your humanity is cost-effective. So is your suffering.

That would mean William + Logan would have to be on an adventure w/ Old Bill version 1 hosts.

Instead they're prancing around w/ stealth mega upgraded Dolores.

• 1Like

Fedor

<Banned>
  • 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
William =/= MiB

after MiB gives Teddy the blood transfusion

That would mean William + Logan would have to be on an adventure w/ Old Bill version 1 hosts.

Instead they're prancing around w/ stealth mega upgraded Dolores.

Yep. This is my one hold up on whether or not William really is the MIB. The fact that the MIB knew the older hosts, before they were much more complicated, makes it almost impossible for William and the Man in Black to be the same person. Yet, all the other evidence seems to be pointing in that direction. However it plays out, I hope the payoff is Keyser Soze worthy, and not M. Night Shyamalan worthy.

• 2Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Other evidence? The only evidence supporting the theory is imagination and supposition.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yep. This is my one hold up on whether or not William really is the MIB. The fact that the MIB knew the older hosts, before they were much more complicated, makes it almost impossible for William and the Man in Black to be the same person. Yet, all the other evidence seems to be pointing in that direction. However it plays out, I hope the payoff is Keyser Soze worthy, and not M. Night Shyamalan worthy.
We haven't really gotten a good look at the guts from William's point of view. it looks like the roboting ones still had 2 inches of so of fleshy covering, would be enough to blow low velocity bullet holes in them.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
We haven't really gotten a good look at the guts from William's point of view. it looks like the roboting ones still had 2 inches of so of fleshy covering, would be enough to blow low velocity bullet holes in them.
No doesn't matter.

For MiB = William, means William saw First Gen hosts like Old Bill, as i said in my numbers Faq Old Bill was the second host in the park.

They repeated themselves, broke down constantly. A simple handshake would give them away.

Not a single damn host is doing that while William and Logan are there

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm kind of glad that I don't need this show to fall either way of all of these wild timeline speculations. I really just like the two major story arcs in of themselves to be honest. The MiB searching for the maze to finally plat Westworld, and William and his dickhead coworker/brother in law working their way through a layered questline have been very entertaining so far, and I'm actually excited to see what the next step is in both, irregardless of how they both intertwine.

• 2Like

Terial

Trakanon Raider
still enjoying the show but still putting logic of the show aside here.
we have a visitor getting choked to death by a host, and it does not even look like the host is going to stop till he gets shot by the other guy. What's his face being choked, looked like he was on the verge of passing out. Perhaps that's the host limitation?? If a visitor passes out you walk away till they wake up... this is the thing that still bugs me the most. Then he gets dragged away again later by the conferderalies or whatever, and the look of fear in his face is real... asking for help and not to leave him... why be so afraid if they can't hurt you. ugh, really like the show though :)

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
That wasn't fear of torture or death, it was fear of boredom. He's prolly gonna be locked in a cell and unable to fuck any whores until a hero host rides in to save the day.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
He also cracked a smile when William abandoned him.

• 1Like

Terial

Trakanon Raider
That still does not answer the choking part. that host was not stopping

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Once you've rendered someone unconscious through either lack of air, or blood to the brain, you still need to deprive their brain of oxygen for a significant amount of time before any brain damage or death occurs. Most people don't know this because most movies and tv make it much shorter. He was never in any danger. That being said, you kinda have to ignore stuff like that in this show. Seeing a host hit their "violence limit" would b kind of immersion breaking for the guest.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
He's still alive, so as far as I can tell, they are still unable to kill anyone. If they couldn't fuck you up, it would be lame.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Once you've rendered someone unconscious through either lack of air, or blood to the brain, you still need to deprive their brain of oxygen for a significant amount of time before any brain damage or death occurs. Most people don't know this because most movies and tv make it much shorter. He was never in any danger. That being said, you kinda have to ignore stuff like that in this show. Seeing a host hit their "violence limit" would b kind of immersion breaking for the guest.
Yes except there is a high (not high but lets call it a much greater probability) of any damage, no matter how small from choking someone he fuck out to the point they pass out.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yes except there is a high (not high but lets call it a much greater probability) of any damage, no matter how small from choking someone he fuck out to the point they pass out.
Maybe with our shitty technology. They can just send you in and get a new throat and brain built for you in a day, in Westworld. 50 bucks for a bigger dick.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Maybe with our shitty technology. They can just send you in and get a new throat and brain built for you in a day, in Westworld. 50 bucks for a bigger dick.

According to the orgy scene, a lot of the hosts spent 50 bucks.

I think Lawrence showing up could just be because they repaired him in the night (during the parade, when Delores might have also been taken by Ford).

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention: did anyone catch the repairer guys comments about snuffing out the other guys personality in the embryo? Is this just a reference to selective embryonics in the future or are people being 'bred' for certain things?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Only thing I can think of is maybe we were given the rules of the current timeline, and they were slightly more lenient re violence in the past timeline?

This is the problem the show is going to run into with the average viewer if there's as much fuckery with the timelines as I'm starting to think. You'll literally have to go back and re watch the show to truly appreciate what they've done, and while I don't really mind doing this, your average tv watcher is going to be jaded as fuck.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Sure. A guest can also get punched in the face, fall wrong and get his skull caved in or break his neck. Which is why they sign a waiver. The point is, the host wasn't going to intentionally kill Logan.

• 1Like