Westworld

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm now fully on board there being two timelines and the MiB = William at this point. While we get to see his transformation because of this I think main key to it all is Delores. There has to be a reason for Ford to have not just destroyed her whether it be her code is unique and required to run the other Hosts or she's a flag for when the shit is about to go off the rails but it's clear she's retracing steps in the present that she did in the past. This isn't some sudden awakening now, it's happened before and I wonder how many other times as well? It reminds me of the Matrix for good or bad, who's to say Fords not getting ready for her to complete her journey and then just clean house with him firmly at the top again? He's making massive changes to the park and storyline, nobody will then notice a purge of the old.
I think that's a good call. Dolores gaining some kind of consciousness of her situation is probably the catalyst for the whole park heading down that path. She's likely the first host this happens to, every time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So then its back to Lanx's question then. Why is Delores the mecha cyborg in both timelines (she was shot and bled) and not an old tin can in one of them?

And why doesn't the MiB go directly to Pariah since he know the maze is there (symbol on the coffin)? Why do all the sidequests?

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
The maze is off Burning Woods so it's a bitch for him to find it every time he goes to Westworld.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The maze is off Burning Woods so it's a bitch for him to find it every time he goes to Westworld.

I don't think it makes much sense to have your newb time in Westworld basically be led on a GM Epic one time event. Your bro and his main Outlaw Cowboy tells you there's awesome shit out there.

But you come back for 30 years and do all the bitch quests after tasting the awesomeness. Then realize there's a badass easter egg you totally forgot about you missed that requires you to seriously grind some mobs.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So then its back to Lanx's question then. Why is Delores the mecha cyborg in both timelines (she was shot and bled) and not an old tin can in one of them?

And why doesn't the MiB go directly to Pariah since he know the maze is there (symbol on the coffin)? Why do all the sidequests?
Maybe he didn't realize that the marking on the coffin was the maze?

He's in the park for the first time and sees this awesome thing happen...but it's not until several years later that he realizes the ramifications of it. Then maybe a few more before he starts putting together that he had seen the maze symbol before, during his first visit with Dolores.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Maybe he didn't realize that the marking on the coffin was the maze?

He's in the park for the first time and sees this awesome thing happen...but it's not until several years later that he realizes the ramifications of it. Then maybe a few more before he starts putting together that he had seen the maze symbol before, during his first visit with Dolores.

Maybe he hasn't seen that marking since the coffin until he found the clue that led him to scalping the host to find the maze symbol. Once he recognized the symbol he knew he had to go to Pariah.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Maybe he hasn't seen that marking since the coffin until he found the clue that led him to scalping the host to find the maze symbol. Once he recognized the symbol he knew he had to go to Pariah.

Which wouldn't need to have that other guy he saved from execution and drug around forever. All the sidelining shit makes no sense if that's the case.

The logical reaction would be to go, "oh shit that maze puzzle" I memba that from thirty years ago at that awesome GM event. It happened in Pariah with my asshole brother in law. Immediately set off for Pariah...

Oh damn. Why was I doing all of these scrub quests for the past 30 years again? Fuck.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm afraid none of these things will fall together and we will all end up pissed.
Only thing falling through is MiB=William

Only thinly made argument i've seen is that maybe William uses the same knife as MiB.

Then why is everyone carrying around some kind of Colt Peacemaker, while MiB is literally carrying around a fucking hand cannon Lemat 1861, 9shots + 1 shogun shell.

Ya'll should just give up on MiB=William and focus on other more plausible theories, rather than trying to make it work, when MiB already dispelled it w/ the "open you up and ya'll robots" thing.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I'm still a fan of the dual time-ilne, MiB = William theory, even though there are holes in it. It just seems like it's set up to be the big reveal.

First you have William, the man-in-white do-gooder whose afraid to let loose his inner id, which is the direct contrast to the MiB.....so it's like he's slowly breaking bad. The transition from MiW to MiB makes for nice bookends.

Then you have the latest episode when MiB is talking to Ford and basically reveals that his wealth is what saved Westworld sometime in the past. At the same time, you have Logan telling William how sources say Westworld is hemorrhaging money, and they are there to see if Westworld is worth buying out. This would fit neatly into the "past" timeline where William will at some point decide to "save" Westworld by having his company fund it. Even though he's only an executive vice president, it seems like the storyline is set up where he will move up the ranks in his company, possibly by usurping/supplanting Logan, possibly because his wife (Logan's sister) may be in line to inherit the entire company should something befall Logan, and therefore William would stand to inherit the company through his wife.

Again, lot's of interesting plotlines in the show, just hope they don't fuck it up like Lost.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Or, the park is simply losing money, which is why the board is very concerned with new narratives being added.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>

The old Bartender doesn't look all that much different from the current Hosts, who says they don't initially bleed when shot as well? Either that or would it be possible to transfer their coding from one Hosts body to the other? I don't think we have all the answers for this yet.

As far as the Maze, there is nothing confirming the Maze is a physical one at all. The preview for next week seems to allude to that as well. The Maze could be a mental journey and certain hosts in the park each have pieces of code or clues that lead to the end, and again I think it was designed as a Turing Test for the Hosts. Especially if Arnold is embedded in the coding somehow I think that makes more sense.

• 2Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
The mecha robots still look like people on the outside. A preview for what is ahead this season showed the kid robot open his face and its all metal in there yet he appears normal when he talks to Ford and MiB. MiB saying the robots used to be full of metal doesn't disprove anything.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
We see the symbol on the coffin as Delores in the present. It's not there when William is there in the past.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Saw this today on /Film that a guy on Reddit put together:

westworld-park-timeline.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
ww.png
We see the symbol on the coffin as Delores in the present. It's not there when William is there in the past.

You're wrong. Watch it again.

Edit: Saved you the trouble. You're welcome. Now let's at least stick to only facts and wild theories. No misinformation necessary, lol.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

What are you trying to tell me here? That William is not in Pariah with Delores in the scene at all?

• 1Like

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
People have referenced El Lazo's hair as evidence of a dual-timeline story, but it seems to change from scene to scene with the MiB as well. One moment it's longer and darker and the next it's short and gray.

• 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'm still a fan of the dual time-ilne, MiB = William theory, even though there are holes in it. It just seems like it's set up to be the big reveal.

I'm not sure how you can be a fan of MiB=William after Ep5. William and Logan discuss the details of their company buying out Westworld, the fact that "thirty years ago, when this all started... on the partners killed himself." They actually talk about it, and that should dispel any attempt to put William and MiB as the same person.

• 1Like

Caliane

I'm not sure how you can be a fan of MiB=William after Ep5. William and Logan discuss the details of their company buying out Westworld, the fact that "thirty years ago, when this all started... on the partners killed himself." They actually talk about it, and that should dispel any attempt to put William and MiB as the same person.
"...everything out here is more raw. But it doesn't come cheap. rumor is, they are hemorrhaging cash. We're considering buying them out. Supposedly this place was all started by a partnership, and then right before the park opened, one of the partners killed himself. Sent the park into a freefall. I mean, I don't know any of the details.. I don't even know his name."
"you must have a team of lawyers looking into this place."
"yeah, well, they came up empty. he's a complete mystery. not even a picture."
"well, whoever designed this place, I get the feeling they don't think very much of people."

does that sound like they are talking about 30 years ago? "freefall".. for 30 years? No mention of the board of directors, or military funding, which was talked about by the current head.

• 2Like