Westworld

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
heres a thought. What if we are missing the target. MiB=William is poetic.. but... what if MiB is Logan. Personality's already match. Logan has been coming to the park longer, and thus MAY have cut open an older version of the robits. Maybe its William that dies with Dolores in tow.

I was actually thinking about this after the last episode. Although I'd rather William be the MIB, because of the connection with Dolores (since Logan doesn't care one iota about her), and because I thought the duality of his personality in and out of the park would be cool. However, you bring up an interesting point, in that Logan has been coming to the park a lot longer, and Logan is already obviously the president or CEO of the company, and looking to buy it out, which would also fit into what the MIB said to Ford in the last episode. And obviously, his personality, at least inside of the park, fits the MIB to a tee.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Fucking love this show.

Yeah, Logan or William could be the MiB.

Also, Bill could be a gen C host, Logan and William could be in the park with gen D/E hosts (which still have mechanical guts, but not obvious quirks), while the current ones are gen X / Y hosts.

And I think the catastrophic failure could be in the timeline of the show (Arnold was not it, but they are otw to it now).

Ford could be Arnold, Arnold could be uploaded to the hosts, or a AI central unit, or something beneath the part at the center of the maze.

And you guys sounded like fucking idiots for the first 20 pages of this thread.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was actually thinking about this after the last episode. Although I'd rather William be the MIB, because of the connection with Dolores (since Logan doesn't care one iota about her), and because I thought the duality of his personality in and out of the park would be cool. However, you bring up an interesting point, in that Logan has been coming to the park a lot longer, and Logan is already obviously the president or CEO of the company, and looking to buy it out, which would also fit into what the MIB said to Ford in the last episode. And obviously, his personality, at least inside of the park, fits the MIB to a tee.
It doesn't seem like MiB gives much of a shit about Dolores either. In fact, he basically looks at all the hosts as inanimate objects; pieces in the puzzle he uses as he needs.

• 2Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
heres a thought. What if we are missing the target. MiB=William is poetic.. but... what if MiB is Logan. Personality's already match. Logan has been coming to the park longer, and thus MAY have cut open an older version of the robits. Maybe its William that dies with Dolores in tow.

Was thinking along similar lines. Logan actually fits way better than William as the MiB. William is the "magicians decoy", the hand to distract you while the "magic" is being performed by the other hand. Logan already wears the black, he already has the drive to take the "game" as far as it can go, he is already willing to do whatever it takes, etc. PLUS, we know Logan is heir to a big/wealthy company-- MiB owns a big/wealthy company... Interesting coincidences to say the least.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
It doesn't seem like MiB gives much of a shit about Dolores either. In fact, he basically looks at all the hosts as inanimate objects; pieces in the puzzle he uses as he needs.

Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines that if the MIB is William, that the fact that every time he returns to the park she doesn't remember who he is, he would gradually become more and more jaded and realize "fuck it, no matter what, she won't remember who I am. I need to stop pretending like these hosts are human."

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Dear Lord, you guys aren't going to give up MiB=William with evidence to the contrary, no ya'll gonna double down that it's MiB=Logan instead. Dear fucking christ

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Dear Lord, you guys aren't going to give up MiB=William with evidence to the contrary, no ya'll gonna double down that it's MiB=Logan instead. Dear fucking christ

Why don't you just stick to Two Broke Girls. That seems more your speed and IQ range.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Why don't you just stick to Two Broke Girls. That seems more your speed and IQ range.
What? b/c I'm presenting quotes that show your little puppy dog theory doesn't pan out? you want to be inter-net famous that bad for supporting an early theory, you're already raging when it's being called out for the dumb shit theory it is, just b/c it's
"cool"

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
At no point was the guy who grabs ahold of Dolores shown to actually work for the park. He could be a host for all we know. Remember, right after William shows up and that guy leaves, Dolores sees the little girl drawing the maze symbol on the ground, then when she looks back up, the girl has vanished completely. She's been to that town before, which means she's been off of her loop before. Like I said, it doesn't necessarily mean that William is the Man in Black, but it's clearly obvious that she is remembering shit that she has seen before, so this can't be her first time off of her loop. The fact that the park has been open for 30 years, and she's one of the very first hosts, means that she could have awakened a dozen times a year, every year for as long as the park's been open.

Also, the head of programming for HBO has already commented that he's impressed with how close a lot of the fan's theories are to what actually happens, so it's obvious that the people with their "wild theories" are closer to what's actually occurring than people who are the "Me think only like caveman" group.

“There are a lot of theories out there, and with some of them, I’ve been very impressed with how they’ve constructed the guesses. I’ll just say, they’re getting close…. I think people will get the answers they’re looking for by the end of season 1. A lot of the ones that people are buzzing about, I think you will get — I don’t know if ‘answers’ is the right word, but maybe it’s ‘satisfaction.’ You’ll see how Ford and the Man in Black play out by the end, story-wise.”
lol, you don't think they could program hosts for retrieval? It would be the ideal way to get them back on their loop to avoid breaking immersion.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
lol, you don't think they could program hosts for retrieval? It would be the ideal way to get them back on their loop to avoid breaking immersion.

I think it would be a stupid idea to give semi-aware Hosts the 1337 hax dev codes.

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
The big FU will be the machines just created a park that humans appear to control to illustrate to skeptic machines that humans are actually huge dickholes that rape and kill machines if given the chance.

This theory is mostly infallible. Mostly

• 1Like

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Nothing is being presented in a straightforward manner so that naturally gives rise to speculation. Do you guys really blame people for coming up with these theories when we're seeing all kinds of editing tricks. Even if William isn't mib we are undoubtedly seeing two time periods play out at the same time.

• 2Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

At this point, I truly believe you're either retarded, or just an asshole. It's one of those two options. No, the point is that just because they showed the people working for the park stating they needed to send someone to get Dolores back on her loop DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THAT THE NEXT SCENE THEY SHOW IS THE SAME TIMELINE AND HAPPENING FIVE SECONDS LATER! The guy grabbing ahold of Dolores and saying she needed to come with him could've happened when William and Logan first visit the park, it doesn't mean that Logan and William are now in the present timeline. That's the fucking point that you and the other idiots don't seem to comprehend. They are purposefully showing things happening in two separate timelines in order to try and trick the audience into thinking it's just the present.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My problem is that if that guy grabbing her is completely unrelated to the security guy saying "get her back on track", it's cheap writing to deceive the viewer. It's not clever and I want this show to be clever.

• 4Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
At this point, I truly believe you're either retarded, or just an asshole. It's one of those two options. No, the point is that just because they showed the people working for the park stating they needed to send someone to get Dolores back on her loop DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THAT THE NEXT SCENE THEY SHOW IS THE SAME TIMELINE AND HAPPENING FIVE SECONDS LATER! The guy grabbing ahold of Dolores and saying she needed to come with him could've happened when William and Logan first visit the park, it doesn't mean that Logan and William are now in the present timeline. That's the fucking point that you and the other idiots don't seem to comprehend. They are purposefully showing things happening in two separate timelines in order to try and trick the audience into thinking it's just the present.
Faggot

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
My problem is that if that guy grabbing her is completely unrelated to the security guy saying "get her back on track", it's cheap writing to deceive the viewer. It's not clever and I want this show to be clever.

I think things like that are being done to try and throw the audience off the scent. Obviously, a lot of viewers already believe that William is the MIB, so doing a tricky camera shot like that tries to make the audience second guess themselves. Like I said, I'm not 100% stating that William or Logan is the MIB, but there are obviously two or more timelines running simultaneously right now, trying to fool the audience. The fact that in the last episode the MIB knows Lawrence's name, and that information is then revealed only later to William and Dolores is significant. As is the fact that immediately after the MIB kills Lawrence, he is alive again in the next scene in the town when Logan and William arrive.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I think things like that are being done to try and throw the audience off the scent. Obviously, a lot of viewers already believe that William is the MIB, so doing a tricky camera shot like that tries to make the audience second guess themselves. Like I said, I'm not 100% stating that William or Logan is the MIB, but there are obviously two or more timelines running simultaneously right now, trying to fool the audience. The fact that in the last episode the MIB knows Lawrence's name, and that information is then revealed only later to William and Dolores is significant. As is the fact that immediately after the MIB kills Lawrence, he is alive again in the next scene in the town when Logan and William arrive.
When were you diagnosed with assburgers?

• 4Like