Westworld

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I think things like that are being done to try and throw the audience off the scent. Obviously, a lot of viewers already believe that William is the MIB, so doing a tricky camera shot like that tries to make the audience second guess themselves. Like I said, I'm not 100% stating that William or Logan is the MIB, but there are obviously two or more timelines running simultaneously right now, trying to fool the audience. The fact that in the last episode the MIB knows Lawrence's name, and that information is then revealed only later to William and Dolores is significant. As is the fact that immediately after the MIB kills Lawrence, he is alive again in the next scene in the town when Logan and William arrive.
I am definitely on board with there being different timelines.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ridas

Pay to play forum
The mexican guy telling his name could just be an offer to work together. That shit is basically happening all the time in movies. You are just interpreting things in the most autistic way to fit into outlandish theories.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
At this point, I truly believe you're either retarded, or just an asshole. It's one of those two options. No, the point is that just because they showed the people working for the park stating they needed to send someone to get Dolores back on her loop DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THAT THE NEXT SCENE THEY SHOW IS THE SAME TIMELINE AND HAPPENING FIVE SECONDS LATER! The guy grabbing ahold of Dolores and saying she needed to come with him could've happened when William and Logan first visit the park, it doesn't mean that Logan and William are now in the present timeline. That's the fucking point that you and the other idiots don't seem to comprehend. They are purposefully showing things happening in two separate timelines in order to try and trick the audience into thinking it's just the present.
Look you fucking sperg, we comprehend that easily, the problem is if that is really what went down in that scene it's cheap fucking writing. it isn't clever in the least, it's retarded. the only way something like that works is if there's some clue in the present day scene that an astute viewer can spot that lets you know the two scenes are unrelated. maybe there's some clue there, but I haven't seen it. even if there is one, it's cheap.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
E etchazz FFS dude.

Doing some trick like that is bullshit, DECEPTIVE writing. It's not clever at all because you have NOTHING to indicate that something like that happened.

It's like you have the Red Wedding in GOT just happen despite Rob Marrying the Frey girl because Frey is pissed about something you had no idea about. GOTCHA NERDS! No, nobody would like that. It robs the audience of being able to figure it out because you deceptively just swerved the story for no reason intentionally breaking the logical flow of the plot to get a twist in your shitty narrative.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Why are you stalking me? You that bored with your life?
28072151.jpg

• 3Like

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
What do you guys make of the changing logo or the fact that Lawrence and William are absent from the shot following their meet in the caboose? These things are not done by accident.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
They are trying to make everyone believe that what's happening to Dolores has to be the present because they're trying to fool everyone into thinking this is her first "awakening," when actually it could be the five hundredth time she's awakened, and she's just remembering fragments of doing it all the times before.

I really believe that her "awakening" is actually part of her script. She is intended to wake up every single time. It's what adds intrigue to her character, and draws players to her.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
The mexican guy telling his name could just be an offer to work together. That shit is basically happening all the time in movies. You are just interpreting things in the most autistic way to fit into outlandish theories.

Nobody knows his real name is Lawrence, that's the point. The ONLY people that know his name is Lawrence are Dolores, The Man in Black, and William. Get it?

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
So much hate going on in this thread lately. It's like a bunch of climate change believers and global warming deniers.

• 3Like

Caliane

Nobody knows his real name is Lawrence, that's the point. The ONLY people that know his name is Lawrence are Dolores, The Man in Black, and William. Get it?
And Teddy/Ford, as Ford updated Teddy's backstory to hate Lawrence iirc.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
When was that? He didn't seem to give a shit when they were together with Mib.

• 1Like

Caliane

No, I was wrong. its Wyatt, not Lawrence, that Ford adds as a new villain for Teddy's backstory.
episode 3. 20min mark.

"your job is not to protect her. your job is to keep her here. "

"ah yes, your mysterious backstory. ... we never actually gave you one."
"want a small part in my new narrative?"

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Then Teddy joined in with the others, hunting down Wyatt. Claimed Wyatt was in his old military unit, etc. and then the ragtag group of law enforcement got ambushed by Wyatt's villain superteam. Teddy was the only one to see Wyatt and live, etc.

Wyatt's team hasn't led to anything yet - just a bunch of nearly-dead bodies up in trees. Maybe he's there to block the MiB to getting to the maze.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So much hate going on in this thread lately. It's like a bunch of climate change believers and global warming deniers.

WW theories are far more important and impactful than climate change.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i watched first 2 episodes and wasnt impressed. does it get better or continues to blow?