Westworld

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
New eps today, then the day after, we get more Aspie theories!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ladro

Anomaly
At some point, some will be proven right and some will be proven wrong!

• 1Like

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Tonight's episode I swear I saw Yul Brenner's outfit on a mannequin in the first few min when Bernard was going downstairs to access the old computer.

I was drinking, anyone else see it?

Edit: I am sure I will be wrong....but either way, a solid episode.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
pretty lame episode. the whole bit with the Asian guy and Maeve was retarded. kind of losing interest in this.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Definitely my least favorite episode so far, hope we get back to the good shit next week!

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Tonight's episode I swear I saw Yul Brenner's outfit on a mannequin in the first few min when Bernard was going downstairs to access the old computer.

I was drinking, anyone else see it?

Yup, saw that too figure it was a small easter egg.

That was the SJW dystopia, reprogramming your own sex bots to despise you and be smarter than you

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I think it was supposed to be the gunslinger himself, not just the clothes on a mannequin. But it was out of focus for a reason.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
It was either the gunslinger or his clothes, but it seems to tie things in to the movie a little bit or at least the timeline. The logo on the computer as it booted up for Bernard was the same as the one seen behind William in the dressing room. Given that he was in a restricted out of date access level to read data from from an old system, it would seem the timeline theory is getting more evidence.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Can anyone translate what I am assuming was Chinese from the conversation with Theresa?

Edit: Nevermind, internet already did -

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So Maeve wants to up her stats to superhuman and get an advantage over all the others. Seriously, they don't have a system to flag it when your bots have super stats?

The techs are fucking retards for negotiating with a robot and giving it more intelligence. FFS.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Was glad to get some answers but they were not very satisfying.

• 1Like

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
This was the first episode of the series that I truly disliked. Everything having to do with the two technicians was absurdly contrived; from the lack of internal security in this multi billion dollar facility to the inexplicable willingness of these two to aid a rogue AI, nothing made sense. I can roll my eyes and go along with stuff like Teddy gunning down an entire army camp without anyone shooting back, the park is supposed to be campy, but I expect more from the corporate setting. Hopefully a valid explanation will pop up at some point.

Anyway I did like that blurred out Yule Brynner nod.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This was the first episode of the series that I truly disliked. Everything having to do with the two technicians was absurdly contrived; from the lack of internal security in this multi billion dollar facility to the inexplicable willingness of these two to aid a rogue AI, nothing made sense. I can roll my eyes and go along with stuff like Teddy gunning down an entire army camp without anyone shooting back, the park is supposed to be campy, but I expect more from the corporate setting. Hopefully a valid explanation will pop up at some point.

Anyway I did like that blurred out Yule Brynner nod.

Yeah, I didn't even UNDERSTAND the negotiation. Felix is weird and has a hardon for learning to program Java so he innately trusts a robot. The other guy has been using the storage models as a brothel? And Maeve is going to do what? Tell on him or some shit? What was the leverage there? You're arguing with a fucking toaster then giving it super intelligence.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
WestWorld Numbers FAQ:(up to Eps6)
WW takes place in the 21st Century -> WW is at least after 2030
Last Critical Failure, 30yrs
Dolores oldest host (does not denote as old as 30yrs, just oldest current host)
Old Bill is the 2nd host ever built
MiB has been visiting for 30yrs
Revelry update affects 10% of host population
200 hosts are affected
There are around 2,000 hosts
1,400 guests in the park
100 interconnected narratives
Sublevel 83 is cold storage
Hosts minimal blood required to work is 3 litres
2 weeks seems to be the avg stay
Hector is 1 week early to compensate for Revelry update
Maeve's aggression is suggested to be bumped 10%, it is doubled that
Dolores has had 138 encounters since she last talked to Bernard, including this one (staff)
Storyguy wants to retire an additional 50 hosts for his new story, he only gets 20
Maeve is examined again, Perception, emotional acuity 1.5% bump
Walter(crazy milk guy) kills 6 hosts, that have killed him in the past, 3 others are let go
Bounty on Samuel is worth $500
Ford,Arnold, team of engineers lived in the park for 3 years refining hosts
Hosts passed Turing Test after first year
Logan is paying $40k a day
Orions Belt has 3 stars not 4 (but he was drawing a target in the end)
MiB hastens Hectors escape by 3days w/ 2 pyrotechnic requests (cigars)
Clementine charges $5 an hour, $4 if you'r bathed
Dolores last Arnold contact 34yrs, 42days, 7hours
Arnold died 35 years ago (per MiB)
Maeve has (believed) to run the brothel for 10 years, actually 1year
Design is level 8
Ford displaced over 50 hosts in 5 days
Sector 17 is Fords secret cabin in the woods
There are 82 first-gen hosts, 47 designed by Arnold
Partial list first-gen hosts in rotation: Abel Lester "rowdy"/Abernathy Dolores/Baird Goldie
Personality is on a 20pt scale
Example Coordination 5=clumsy, 15=athlete
Maeve stats: bulk apperception 14/candor 19/vivacity 17/coordination 10/meekness 2/humility 3/cruelty 1/self-preservation 10/patience 3/decisiveness 14/imagination 13/curiosity 8/aggression 5/loyalty 16
empathy 9/tenacity 17/courage 15/sensuality 18/charm 18/humor 9
14=max bulk apperception for hosts
Maeve revised stats: loyalty lowered/pain lowered/bulk apperception max

===
throw some numbers along that seem of significance

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Overall, I liked the episode for trying to move the plot, and the two guys did not bother me as much, because I guess this was my turn to read too much in between the lines. While everyone pulls their hair out over the two time lines theory and all that goes along with it, I've never really cared. But, last night my honest impression of the Asian janitor was that he was an aspiring coder, and was that guy who goes on gaming forums and replies to all threads on AI that he longs for humanity to be culled or wiped out, because we suck as a species and it's someone else's turn. The other guy is just annoying and always has been, and is just too stupid to see two feet in front of his nose anyway, and is so shallow that yes, the idea of people finding out he is fucking discarded merchandise scares him shitless.

I do think it'd be better if the Asian guy had befriended someone "upstairs" that shared his viewpoint, and they just simply worked together on the "awakening." The one part that I found just totally bad was the fact that this dude practically walked the entire complex with this robot... a well known robot... the fact was reinforced in that huge infomercial, that featured her, on Westworld at the very end of their little "tour," and not one person noticed a janitor walking around with potentially dangerous merchandise? Yeah that was too much.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So we can attribute the different WW logos to either being lazy (why make a new commercial, run the same one for 30years) or thats the "themed" logo.

Also if this is 30years timeline, blond welcome bitch, has been a welcome bitch for 30 years. (She is also the ex-gf of Elon Musk IRL, who has been opposed to having robo overlords)

Also what i don't get is that they said Maeve has only been the manager for a year, but the security guy seemed to say Maeve has been there for a long time.

I think we have a problem.
Where?
Mariposa.
Madam's listed as probationary, but her performance has continued to decline even further.
Re-task Clementine for now. She's done the job before.
Controller: And the old unit?
Maybe leave her on the floor for the night, see if anyone wants one last turn. We recall her in the morning, decommission her. Shame.

Or just that old, she has to be one of the first gens, since she can wake and hear voices from that old bicameral mind, Arnold code.

• 1Like