Westworld

khalid

Unelected Mod
I know they're not supposed to harm the visitors, but are they supposed to even fire at the them? He seemed shocked that the bullets didn't affect Ed Harris.

Ed Harris must have been off-script and doing something that Teddy wasn't programmed for. He certainly wasn't acting like a "normal" western character in the story at that point. Also Ed Harris wasn't playing his part also, mentioning how he couldn't be hurt.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
SHE KILLED A FLY, YO

Awesome start, loved the way its structured and how they are mixing WW and reality time together. Definitely a great start, numbers are pretty good so far and its the highest rated new HBO drama series in a while.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So when a host malfunctions (like Deleores' dad) they put it into a giant warehouse with a ton of other malfunctioning hosts, instead of destroying them? Yeah, that isn't going to bite them in the ass... Inb4 the broken host warehouse uprising.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Ya, the Warehouse of broken toys is 100% coming back to haunt.

As for the bullets/guns, I read in one article that the guns+ammo in the show are smart weapons. If it is pointed at a human, it still fires a projectile, but it is more akin to getting hit by a paintbull gun impact wise. The androids are also forbidden from using headshots vs. people, which is why he couldn't fire at Ed Harris' face (which makes sense, because even a paintball could cause some bad injuries if it hit you in the head/face just right).

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I wonder if Ed Harris's character has ties to the original movie. Like some type of descendant of one of the original people killed in the Westwood movie. That could tie into his role and may want to shut down the place for revenge on that happened to his family (Completely guessing here) But that could be a plot tie in down the road. He obviously has an agenda aside from vacationing.
Is it at all possible that the "critical failure" 30 years ago were the events of the movie? I never saw the movie so I don't know if that could possibly fit plot wise.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
I enjoyed this very much.

My guess is that critical failure resulted in a human dying inside Westwood. So whatever code they have to stop them from hurting living things malfunctioned.

I was trying to figure out how humans enter the world and I don't think their minds are somehow downloaded into an android body that looks like them. I think they are physically there, since they all come in by train in the morning. Also all the security personal were all there when they were trying to gather up all the updated androids.

• 1Like

Cybsled

They were definitely trying to give off a Dystopian Disney World vibe. Like Disney World, I'm sure the place is honeycombed with secret tunnels and access points and the like.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm afraid to say it but that was one of the best premiere episodes I've ever seen.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Is it at all possible that the "critical failure" 30 years ago were the events of the movie? I never saw the movie so I don't know if that could possibly fit plot wise.

Yeah I wonder if that's where they are taking it.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You should also watch the original movie. It's awesome. Yul Brenner is fantastic as the gun slinger.

• 2Like

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I enjoyed this very much.

My guess is that critical failure resulted in a human dying inside Westwood. So whatever code they have to stop them from hurting living things malfunctioned.

I was trying to figure out how humans enter the world and I don't think their minds are somehow downloaded into an android body that looks like them. I think they are physically there, since they all come in by train in the morning. Also all the security personal were all there when they were trying to gather up all the updated androids.

It's a real place. The giant "map" is a real-time simulation, but everything is to scale and running around the park enclosure. You can see where the offices sit in relation to Westworld during the scene where boss lady with the cigarette scolds her subordinate. She's on a balcony hidden behind a ridge overlooking the park.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
sub level 83 was giving me a very Jurassic Park feeling, anyone else?
EsIqwoE.png

EsIqwoE.png
[/IMG]

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
You should also watch the original movie. It's awesome. Yul Brenner is fantastic as the gun slinger.
I downloaded it and am re-watching it now. I actually forgot there is a sequel called "Futureworld", probably gonna watch that too.

• 2Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Futureworld had such mixed reviews I never checked it out. Loved the hell out of Westworld though. Glad they're sticking with the Western theme throughout this. The medieval and roman stuff was meh.

• 1Like