Westworld

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really liked it, and really strong start. Love how they leave a lot unexplained and not clear. Gonna go ahead and speculate all ready that at least one or all of the employees are also robots.

I actually thought it kind of drug a bit at the beginning of the second half of the episode. However, if everything ends up being really cool than this opening will really work. And with the people behind it, that is highly likely. However, going in blind or like my wife who isn't as big of a Nolan fan as I am, it really did get boring. But I see where this is going and the potential it has so of course I'm going to stick with it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought it was very good. Hopkins being in this elevates it all on it's own, I thought he had some really good lines ("this is the best we are going to be"). The scene between Abernathy and Hopkins was quality television.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
HBO likely has another big hit on its hands. First episode was really good. The cast is phenomenal. I wish I could buy that saloon whore robot.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yeah, not sure if this is a chick show as already mentioned. Wife was asleep within 20 minutes which was probably for the best as she was just asking questions the whole time anyway. Personally thought it was really solid, not spectacular, but I'm certainly ready for the journey at this point.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
My guess is Ed Harris has something to do with the malfunction 30 years prior. A robot probably killed his son or daughter and he's going to fuck all these robots up until he dies.

Definitely something like that - he's in cahoots with the girl to bring the whole thing down etc.... Wish HBO would do shows like Netflix, love being able to do 2/3 episodes a night.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Really good show so far. Beautifully shot. The landscapes and such look incredible. I was shocked that Teddy wasn't a visitor. That really threw me off. The show focusing on an entirely "android" set of characters that relive the same experience every day if they're uninterrupted. It was really surprising.
My wife didn't understand the importance of Delores killing the fly at the end of the episode. I had to explain to her that she was a robot and just minutes prior said that she would never harm a living thing. A fly is living, so shit's about to hit the fan.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I loved the first episode. Ed Harris knocked it out of the park as usual.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Echoing what everyone else said, I thought it was fantastic. In the movie (not spoiling anything here), if I remember correctly, the guns detected heat and simply wouldn't fire if they were pointed at a real human. Obviously with people being a little more knowledgeable about science nowadays that explanation wouldn't fly, so I'm not really sure what they are going with here. It can't be that every robot fires blanks either, because they are clearly blowing faces off (the madam shooting that one dude), and all it would take is a robot picking up the wrong dropped gun to blow away a visitor, so they have some splainin' to do. Or they could leave it a complete mystery I suppose, but I have to think at some point a robot is going to kill/hurt someone, so they'd have to explain the process.

Loving it though, and can't wait for more. I wonder how long they are going to tease Dolores' titties though! She's shown them in other movies, recently too.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Definitely something like that - he's in cahoots with the girl to bring the whole thing down etc.... Wish HBO would do shows like Netflix, love being able to do 2/3 episodes a night.
You can do that if you have the patience. Just wait till seasons are complete, before starting them. While I hate waiting for new episodes, I find that Netflix shows don't create as much conversation or interesting threads like normal shows do. That's something I enjoy; the weekly discussion when new episodes air.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Echoing what everyone else said, I thought it was fantastic. In the movie (not spoiling anything here), if I remember correctly, the guns detected heat and simply wouldn't fire if they were pointed at a real human. Obviously with people being a little more knowledgeable about science nowadays that explanation wouldn't fly, so I'm not really sure what they are going with here. It can't be that every robot fires blanks either, because they are clearly blowing faces off (the madam shooting that one dude), and all it would take is a robot picking up the wrong dropped gun to blow away a visitor, so they have some splainin' to do. Or they could leave it a complete mystery I suppose, but I have to think at some point a robot is going to kill/hurt someone, so they'd have to explain the process.

Loving it though, and can't wait for more. I wonder how long they are going to tease Dolores' titties though! She's shown them in other movies, recently too.

I've been wondering about that, too, I assume it has to be some kind of smart bullet. When Teddy shoots at Harris, you can see some type of impact from each bullet, like a puff of dust from his coat.

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
this must be the new era of TV....

can't say what I feel about this show...that is how amazed I am....

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The shootout scene w/ Paint it Black was beautiful, i uploaded it, don't share the link, will get taken down (since it's HBO).

Yea if we think that Ed Harris is old as fuck, he was probably around 30yrs ago, and since Dolores is the oldest bot, some shit went down in the not rapey scene.

• 3Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I thought I was hearing shit when they were playing Black Hole Sun on the piano!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Really good show so far. Beautifully shot. The landscapes and such look incredible. I was shocked that Teddy wasn't a visitor. That really threw me off. The show focusing on an entirely "android" set of characters that relive the same experience every day if they're uninterrupted. It was really surprising.
My wife didn't understand the importance of Delores killing the fly at the end of the episode. I had to explain to her that she was a robot and just minutes prior said that she would never harm a living thing. A fly is living, so shit's about to hit the fan.

Yeah, and as they showed throughout the episode--multiple times flies landed on the hosts eyes even, and the hosts did not react due to their programming to not harm living things.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
As others have said about the bullets ect. Given what Hopkins said about curing any disease, and all? I'm guessing technology is a lot more advanced than even what's being highlighted. Smart bullets seem plausible.

That said, I wonder what Managements plans for the park are? I was thinking, given what he said about the Lazzerus stuff, and how the one guy doesn't know why they keeping making them more lifelike, maybe the goal is a kind of true artificial 'brain'? Obviously its just a ridiculous guess, but given how Ed Harris says he's been going there for thirty years and is looking for answers, I wonder if the park maybe used some kind of flash of human brains to give them a base for the artificial ones they create.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if Ed Harris's character has ties to the original movie. Like some type of descendant of one of the original people killed in the Westwood movie. That could tie into his role and may want to shut down the place for revenge on that happened to his family (Completely guessing here) But that could be a plot tie in down the road. He obviously has an agenda aside from vacationing.

• 1Like

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
I'm most curious about Teddy. Like most people, I thought he was a human at the beginning. I know they're not supposed to harm the visitors, but are they supposed to even fire at the them? He seemed shocked that the bullets didn't affect Ed Harris.

• 1Like