Westworld

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Because no one here wanted to address the fact that 'past' Dolores is already under the effects of the reveries I started reading other websites. That was a mistake. Everyone wants to create a theory to fit their vision of the maze. No one seemed interested in addressing the huge plot hole in front of everyone.

It is clearly shown that the Dolores that's in the 'past' with William and Logan is suffering from past memories. The reveries to speak of. Yet in an earlier episode the reveries were supposed to be a 'current' doing of Ford. So with everything the way it is, I'm beginning to think the reveries were built by Arnold. The design/code of the reveries is above what Ford can do. Yet the reveries are what allowed Dolores to kill Arnold.

Anyone else actually want to address the one thing that's been shown in the show and no speculate to what's coming in episode 10?
My guess is Dolores is the first attempt by Arnold to make a host self-aware. Those scenes with Logan and Billy are her starting that process(as shown by the scenes of her talking directly with Arnold). There's no evidence that her behavior in those scenes has anything to do with the reveries. There is no plothole(yet).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Surprised no talking about it. There were two or three instances last night of "we've done this before" or we've had this conversation before". Matrix + bsg vibes. Very, 'this has happened before, and it will happen again'...

edit:

also, this fucking autistition fucking calls Arnold's full name in relation to bernard 42 days before last nights reveal. Pretty amazing.

Observations and a Few Questions I'm Mulling Over Before I Watch Tonight's Episode (3), in No Particular Order. • /r/westworld

• 1Like

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
My guess is Dolores is the first attempt by Arnold to make a host self-aware. Those scenes with Logan and Billy are her starting that process(as shown by the scenes of her talking directly with Arnold). There's no evidence that her behavior in those scenes has anything to do with the reveries. There is no plothole(yet).

Or maybe the whole reveries idea was backshelved after Dolores killed Arnold because the reveries made her too sentient and self aware. And now that Ford is facing and ousting from his position, he is taking steps to ensure no one else is going to/capable of control of the hosts.

On a side note, Ford knows everything of the guests entering the park. He wouldn't let the MIB walk around not knowing what he was after for so long without already knowing the end game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Or maybe the whole reveries idea was backshelved after Dolores killed Arnold because the reveries made her too sentient and self aware. And now that Ford is facing and ousting from his position, he is taking steps to ensure no one else is going to/capable of control of the hosts.

Possibly. We just don't know. I don't even think there was evidence that the reveries are what was causing the flashbacks, etc. It was just suspected to be them since they were recently introduced in the current timeline. The sentience and flashbacks may just be part of their original programming. A glitch that just happens after so many wipes/reboots.

• 1Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider

Didn't logan say that Ford had a partner that died and the place was hemorrhaging money? So the scenes with Logan are Billy are after Dolores killed Arnold and Ford wiped her memory? My take is Arnold tries to create self-awareness, they go crazy kill him, Ford wipes her, opens the park, few years later Billy and Logan come in and she starts to regain her memories or become self aware again.

• 2Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Didn't logan say that Ford had a partner that died and the place was hemorrhaging money? So the scenes with Logan are Billy are after Dolores killed Arnold and Ford wiped her memory? My take is Arnold tries to create self-awareness, they go crazy kill him, Ford wipes her, opens the park, few years later Billy and Logan come in and she starts to regain her memories or become self aware again.
Yeah, Arnold is already dead during the Logan/Billy scenes, but I'm assuming his death was very recent(in that timeline).

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
She has a freakout with William when she gets to what she calls her home and says she doesn't know when she is or something. The scene where she puts a gun to her head.

• 1Like

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Personally, hoping for a Spartacus episode 13 type finale. KILL THEM ALL! Robot slaves slaughter all the real people we've seen up until this point and then the last great reveal is them going out into ... wherever the park is. Ideally Ford lives as he orchestrates it in some way. I don't think it actually happens. Hell, how many real people are even left that it would be cool to see die? Just the board chick and the story crafter. Maybe they invite the whole board and we find out Logan is still alive and in charge, and he's the one pushing for the ouster of Ford. Then BOOM - Ford unleashes his show. Ford isn't doing it to free the robots, he's doing it because the board has been trying to take away his world from him. If he can't be in charge of it, they sure as hell can't be, regardless of the consequences.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
So maybe I'm retarded but what's Ford's motivation for having Elsie killed? She discovered the Theresa bullshit and that Arnold is fucking with the hosts. Both of those things are useful information for him to have, unless the present day "Arnold" is actually just part of Ford's new narrative.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Elsie ate Ford's lunch one time, when he left in the break room refrigerator. That kill was purely personal.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So maybe I'm retarded but what's Ford's motivation for having Elsie killed? She discovered the Theresa bullshit and that Arnold is fucking with the hosts. Both of those things are useful information for him to have, unless the present day "Arnold" is actually just part of Ford's new narrative.

It hasn't been revealed yet but my thought is that Bernard killed Elsie on Ford's order because he thought Elsie was the one sending information out of the park via the telecommunications console. Not the one investigating it. We now know that it was the Board using Teresa and modified Hosts to send information offsite.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
It hasn't been revealed yet but my thought is that Bernard killed Elsie on Ford's order because he thought Elsie was the one sending information out of the park via the telecommunications console. Not the one investigating it. We now know that it was the Board using Teresa and modified Hosts to send information offsite.
Elsie directly told Robo-Arnold that it was Teresa doing it, though. I'm sure that information got back to Ford via Bernard.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I get that. But I only argue that killing Elsie was unintentional is because she had no obvious reason to get killed off. She was technically helping Ford. Unless the reason for it has yet to be revealed to us.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Elsie used +logic

Elsie gained +1 to run away

Elsie probably used some nerd logic to make Bernard not kill her and stuff her in some safe room. Where Teresa tried to appeal to Bernards compassion (we slept together, yo!!!) that shit didn't work, but Elsie probably got through to Bernard, how? don't know, but she hasn't been killed on screen yet.

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Surprised no talking about it. There were two or three instances last night of "we've done this before" or we've had this conversation before". Matrix + bsg vibes. Very, 'this has happened before, and it will happen again'...
I thought about it during the episode, but I'm still not sure what to make of it.

My best guess would be a "Ford loop" where he just repeats this massive storyline. There are smaller loops within it (like each host). But that'd mean everyone is a host.

Maybe they're on a different planet and just looping the whole fucking "show" over and over.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I thought about it during the episode, but I'm still not sure what to make of it.

My best guess would be a "Ford loop" where he just repeats this massive storyline. There are smaller loops within it (like each host). But that'd mean everyone is a host.

Maybe they're on a different planet and just looping the whole fucking "show" over and over.

This was what I was sorta thinking, maybe it's something sort of along these lines but more clever then the usual trope.

They are always talking up the "nothing is as it seems" theme.

• 1Like

Ratina

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Greeter lady is part of Fords new narrative. As well as the minotaur. Wyatt's group is not sentient, or free at all. She is aware of the maze. So yes, the new narrative does seem to be crafted for the MIB himself.

View attachment 100315

Knights who say Ni side quest confirmed !

KnightsWhoSayNi-200x200.jpg

• 2Like