Westworld

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
it is time for you to stop guessing and enjoy the show like a normal pleb.
It was just disappointing because I was hoping they'd go in some unexpected direction that none of us had considered.

I want to revisit the "Dolores is Wyatt" thing that someone mentioned before and I said was retarded (because we clearly saw Wyatt in his flashbacks -- twice now). I'm reconsidering and I think either Dolores or Maeve is Wyatt. I think both were present in the Arnold massacre, and they've been rewritten in Teddy's narrative to be Wyatt. I'm just not sure which is the co-killer. That said, it doesn't seem like "Wyatt" is even actually a host. Just the idea of a host that Ford has manipulated in Teddy's narrative.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also, not sure if everyone placed it, but the picture of Logan's sister is the one that sent Abernathy off the rails.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The one question we all should be asking: why did Ford get his data wiping software from Hillary's server company. Of course this is the guy who says he isn't sentimental but then makes a robot copy of his dead insane friend.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
The one question we all should be asking: why did Ford get his data wiping software from Hillary's server company. Of course this is the guy who says he isn't sentimental but then makes a robot copy of his dead insane friend.

But they weren't friends, just colleagues. Ford had Arnold killed because they clearly had opposing views about the park and the hosts. Ford made "Bernard" because he'd be someone he could make almost as intelligent as Arnold, but be able to control him. At least that's my theory. Makes sense that Ford would have Dolores kill Arnold so he could run the park the way he saw fit.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Awesome episode overall. Like others have said. The story is good EXCEPT for the dumbass Maeve shit and I have always disliked the MiB = William storypoint. Mainly because of how it gets us there.

The reveals next week are really going to need to be absolutely exceptional because the odds are pretty weak at this point. If the Maeve thing is actually a rebellion going on. Then its dumb because of the mechanism used to get us there (shitty Techs with no oversight). If it is part of the new narrative like we're presuming. Which is the only thing it can be at this point. Then its also fucking dumb because there's nobody to witness this narrative.

If there's something beyond the game going on between Ford/The Board/etc. Then this needs to be spelled out because its only eluded as to what lies beyond the game. The Board wants Ford out. Got it. Ford won't just let that shit happen. So lets suppose that the "narrative" is actually a plot to create this rebellion crap in order to kill off the board or something. Merely another part of the narrative and him building something was just a distraction. That could be cool.a

Those should be commas, not periods. And it's alluded, not eluded. Starting to understand why you couldn't follow the plot...

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Those should be commas, not periods. And it's alluded, not eluded. Starting to understand why you couldn't follow the plot...

I was well aware of what was going on. I just always disliked the William is MiB story point and the Maeve storyline. Like I said. But continue being the Grammar Nazi sir. At some point I am sure I will give a shit.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Lel

• 1Like

Caliane

we still don't know wtf Ford's goals or plans are. Every overt action we see, is him taking control, and shutting down sentient robots. Suggesting he would allow Maeve to go rogue on purpose seems odd. Of course.. just as odd has him somehow not being aware its happening. or, letting her have control over Bernard in any way.
Introduces the revelries... but then makes it a point to constantly wipe memories to control. so which is it? why the fuck would he introduce the revelries? Then murder robots to keep control.

Why is Dolores still active? with the confirmation of her killing Arnold. And, again, likely her killing Logan or Billy. why is she not retired?

Greeter lady is part of Fords new narrative. As well as the minotaur. Wyatt's group is not sentient, or free at all. She is aware of the maze. So yes, the new narrative does seem to be crafted for the MIB himself.

2LXqZeK.jpg

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
we still don't know wtf Ford's goals or plans are. Every overt action we see, is him taking control, and shutting down sentient robots. Suggesting he would allow Maeve to go rogue on purpose seems odd. Of course.. just as odd has him somehow not being aware its happening. or, letting her have control over Bernard in any way.
Introduces the revelries... but then makes it a point to constantly wipe memories to control. so which is it? why the fuck would he introduce the revelries? Then murder robots to keep control.

Why is Dolores still active? with the confirmation of her killing Arnold. And, again, likely her killing Logan or Billy. why is she not retired?

Greeter lady is part of Fords new narrative. As well as the minotaur. Wyatt's group is not sentient, or free at all. She is aware of the maze. So yes, the new narrative does seem to be crafted for the MIB himself.

View attachment 100315

Pretty certain Ford programmed Dolores to kill Arnold, that's why she's still active.

• 2Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'm starting to think we are watching ford's narative unfold. almost like he's trying it out on the mib. maybe a test? Are we, the viewer, the guests of westworld if they do some crazy 4th wall shit?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Another moment that fell flat (in anlready limping story arc) was the Maeve and Bandit Dude (keep forgetting his name sorry). I get needing to off yourself to go back to QA, but why not just shoot each other? Why go all HBO and have a fuck session while you are reduced to melted plastic and metal?

This is what I don't get. They had super high fidelity in watching the MiB, and had to particularly approve his use of a small explosive. But a host murder/suicides herself and no one takes notice at all? Let's also not forget that she was almost immediately apprehended just the previous episode when she went off her loop - but her tracking down the bandit with a shotgun goes conveniently unnoticed.

Even if Ford is behind her behavior, the actions of everyone else that aren't apart of his secret plan seem super inconsistent with the world that they've presented us.

The Maeve shit doesn't bother me as much now. The two techs are probably hosts or just two simpletons put in that position by Ford. Everything is known by Ford in that park and he is god and keeps reminding everyone of this fact. Now if suddenly we see that Ford didn't realize this was going on then that is Ha Monkey levels of fucking retarded.

I can easily see the story going in the direction that Ford looses control of Maeve and this whole uprising as they rewrite their code or something denying him access and I would be fine with that.

But if they are hosts, I don't even understand why Host Techs designed to patch up other hosts would even be given personalities. Why even give them the potential of being emotionally manipulated, or have aspects that could cause them to do anything except be 100% efficient (like trying to learn how to program, or running a Necro-Sexbot side business).

Again, maybe there will be some grand reveal. But it feels like every answer we get only creates more questions. We'll find out next week, though.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
But if they are hosts, I don't even understand why Host Techs designed to patch up other hosts would even be given personalities. Why even give them the potential of being emotionally manipulated, or have aspects that could cause them to do anything except be 100% efficient (like trying to learn how to program, or running a Necro-Sexbot side business).

Again, maybe there will be some grand reveal. But it feels like every answer we get only creates more questions. We'll find out next week, though.

My guess would be for Ford's narrative. Ford said in episode 2 (I think episode 2) that his new narrative would "give visitors a glimpse of who they could be." Ford also said in episode 4 “A fiction, which like all great stories, is rooted in truth,” so I'm thinking his new narrative involves more than just the park and it's not intended strictly for the visitors, but for everyone. In that regard, it would be essential that people not know who's a host and who isn't (even the hosts themselves). It's clear that the company wants him out, so what better way to get rid of the company bigwigs than to have them become part of the narrative and have them all killed?

• 1Like

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess. Just seems like a REALLY hamfisted way to go about it, with a lot of unnecessary risk of being caught/failure.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Adding to that, Felix has already discussed the nature of a bio-human's memory versus Hosts perfect/total recall memory. If he is a Host he wouldn't be able to do that. Unless we want to get into some serious meta action of a Host programmed to pretend its memories are hazy like a human's when they actually are not. I can understand that you program a Host to ignore the "nature" of their perfect memories but contrasting a human's version of memory against the Hosts coded memories is something else.

And I agree. If you're going to make your techs into Hosts. Just make them into super-autist automatons who only do a few things. Repair hosts, get them back onto their loops and nothing else.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My guess would be for Ford's narrative. Ford said in episode 2 (I think episode 2) that his new narrative would "give visitors a glimpse of who they could be." Ford also said in episode 4 “A fiction, which like all great stories, is rooted in truth,” so I'm thinking his new narrative involves more than just the park and it's not intended strictly for the visitors, but for everyone. In that regard, it would be essential that people not know who's a host and who isn't (even the hosts themselves). It's clear that the company wants him out, so what better way to get rid of the company bigwigs than to have them become part of the narrative and have them all killed?

So are you saying that Ford's narrative is actually a plot to get rid of the board? Because that will be cool, like I posted earlier. When you say it's going to be for everyone what are you saying exactly? Sending Hosts into our world Blade Runner style?

• 2Like

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Adding to that, Felix has already discussed the nature of a bio-human's memory versus Hosts perfect/total recall memory. If he is a Host he wouldn't be able to do that. Unless we want to get into some serious meta action of a Host programmed to pretend its memories are hazy like a human's when they actually are not. I can understand that you program a Host to ignore the "nature" of their perfect memories but contrasting a human's version of memory against the Hosts coded memories is something else.

To be fair, Bernard was in the same position and never realized (which again, creates a lot more questions). But we know from the hosts in the park that they're programed not to question the reality of their existence - and we saw instances in Bernard where he literally couldn't process things that would cause him to do so.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I'm starting to think some of yall are trolling a la "mind-bottling" with this "revelries" shit. REVERIES FFS

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Because no one here wanted to address the fact that 'past' Dolores is already under the effects of the reveries I started reading other websites. That was a mistake. Everyone wants to create a theory to fit their vision of the maze. No one seemed interested in addressing the huge plot hole in front of everyone.

It is clearly shown that the Dolores that's in the 'past' with William and Logan is suffering from past memories. The reveries to speak of. Yet in an earlier episode the reveries were supposed to be a 'current' doing of Ford. So with everything the way it is, I'm beginning to think the reveries were built by Arnold. The design/code of the reveries is above what Ford can do. Yet the reveries are what allowed Dolores to kill Arnold.

Anyone else actually want to address the one thing that's been shown in the show and no speculate to what's coming in episode 10?

• 1Like