Westworld

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
What if Elsie isn't dead, but Bernard only knocked her unconscious? Ford is getting old, he needs someone to continue his work. He sees promise in Elsie and takes a curiosity in mentoring her to take over Westworld after he dies.

Or are we sure she is dead?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
I'm pretty sure she halted Bernard's programming somehow before emitting the signal to Stubbs so that she could expose everything that's happening.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think she's dead. she just got put in a wwe sleeper hold. she just needed to shake her hand in the air like hulk hogan used to do.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What if Elsie isn't dead, but Bernard only knocked her unconscious? Ford is getting old, he needs someone to continue his work. He sees promise in Elsie and takes a curiosity in mentoring her to take over Westworld after he dies.

Or are we sure she is dead?
Yeah, the fact that we don't see her body makes me suspect she is not dead as well.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Something I noticed, in the last scene when Ford walks away, there is a deactivated host in the background that seems to match Theresa for build and hair length.

Westworld.S01.E09.720p.mkv_snapshot_57.05_[2016.11.28_21.58.02].jpg

• 2Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
also, this fucking autistition fucking calls Arnold's full name in relation to bernard 42 days before last nights reveal. Pretty amazing.

To be fair, guessing the full name wasn't difficult once you had the theory that Bernard could be Arnold. Arnold is a german given name, and Weber is in the top 5 of most common german surnames. It was as simple as jumbling the letters and finding the most german anagram you could come up with, once they revealed Bernard's surname was Lowe.

Also, Weber means "Weaver". Probably not a coincidence, considering all the mysteries and secrets he wove around himself.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
To be fair, guessing the full name wasn't difficult once you had the theory that Bernard could be Arnold. Arnold is a german given name, and Weber is in the top 5 of most common german surnames. It was as simple as jumbling the letters and finding the most german anagram you could come up with.

To be more fair, out of all the people theorcrafting this he's the only one that typed it out. I think it's a pretty good call at the time cause the theory was tenuous at best back then.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
To be more fair, out of all the people theorcrafting this he's the only one that typed it out. I think it's a pretty good call at the time cause the theory was tenuous at best back then.

That's what I'm saying. At the time, figuring out Bernard was a rebuilt Arnold was the clever guess, figuring out the name anagram wasn't the trickiest part. I meant no disrespect to the autistic gentleman.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Something I noticed, in the last scene when Ford walks away, there is a deactivated host in the background that seems to match Theresa for build and hair length.
Is that surprising? Theresa was obviously being recreated in the very room in which she was killed.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I have a theory that might not work out. MiB might be William but if so the rape memories are planted so that when he finally finds her at the church she overrides her directive to not harm humans and tries to kill him.

This is all a plot to kill off some board members and Ford is doing it to then put down the false flag insurrection and look like a hero. It works but not perfectly and there are still sentient bots and MiB in the park looking to rise up in season 2.

It isn't perfect but it's original.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Is that surprising? Theresa was obviously being recreated in the very room in which she was killed.
But why? It's not like they hid her death. The body was recovered and shown in the following episode.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
So are you saying that Ford's narrative is actually a plot to get rid of the board? Because that will be cool, like I posted earlier. When you say it's going to be for everyone what are you saying exactly? Sending Hosts into our world Blade Runner style?

I'm honestly not certain what Ford's end game is, but it's clear he wants to off some mofo's. Security guy is probably as good as dead, Charlotte is probably gonna get hers, Theresa got offed already, as did Elsie probably, etc... My guess? At this point, my guess is he tries to replace everyone who works at or for the park with hosts. That way he controls everything and everyone, and no one gets to interrupt his "world" ever again, but this is just a hunch. Because we haven't been shown what life is actually like outside of the park, it's difficult to tell what his true purpose might be.

• 1Like

Caliane

But why? It's not like they hid her death. The body was recovered and shown in the following episode.
hes killing all the human workers, and replacing them like Arnold, the tech guys, and the security guy.
If no human is around the remembers her being killed. he can simply erase that memory from the replicates. like he did with Arnold already.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So is Ford a shitty programmer trying to take credit for Arnold's code? Was Arnold trying to push Ford out of the company and that's why he's dead?

• 2Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The whole killing the board thing seems so stupid. Killing the board off will set off massive red flags to the real world and the park could be shutdown because of the slaughtering of the board members. There has to be something else.

• 1Like

Warflagon

Peasant
I still find nothing to dissaude me from my opinion that ford has/had a split personality. Ford/Arnold. Meds killed arnold, but ford remembers.....

"remember....."

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I still find nothing to dissaude me from my opinion that ford has/had a split personality. Ford/Arnold. Meds killed arnold, but ford remembers.....

"remember....."
Really, nothing dissuades you from that? Not even the picture of Arnold looking exactly like Bernard?

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Warflagon

Peasant
seen by ......bernarold? who sees what ford want's him to see?

Nope. not that one.

Also, I got 2 bits that logan is the MIB, not billy.

Additionally, Delores's remembrances of arnold could also not be accurate, as it has well been established that she is not a trustworthy narrator.

• 1Like