Westworld

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Reading this thread it would appear that every single person is watching distinctly different shows

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think that likely not just Arnold was killed, but every single other human that was working at the park at the time, minus Ford.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
That would at least explain why no one has any idea what Arnold looked like.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

This scene destroyed me, honestly. I can't even imagine the kind of existential crisis you'd have. Imagine realizing that everything you know, everyone you love, all of your memories, everything you consider yourself to be is manufactured. Not only that, but you were made to be raped, killed and toyed with by your very makers. Fuck me.

Probably one of the best scenes in TV imo.
just noticed 1800's Maeve brain took to that escalator like a pro
ca7fdd1b8eb4fffe2986a3a379548072.gif

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think that likely not just Arnold was killed, but every single other human that was working at the park at the time, minus Ford.

This does not fly either, since both those security chicks died, both by Bernard hands, instead of just being stopped and erased.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Its also been 34 years. Alot of turnover in 34 yearsis pretty reasonable.

If the pre-park crew was lets say, 10-15 people. of which how many survived? Then, how many were willing to keep working with Ford? Its easy to believe only 5-10 people who knew Arnold, were still around at the opening of the park. Of which Logan even says Arnolds death was covered up, and hard to find info about. Which again, suggests few people around to talk about it, one way or another. Then, we don't know exactly when Bernard was created. We have to assume it was at least 10-15 years after Arnolds death. "when did you join us Bernard?" Ford has not been keeping Bernard ageless or anything. (who knows if he had a plan for Bernard not aging..)
In general, alot of the staff in the early episodes were noted for having NOT been working at the park for longer then 5 years.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Still not buying it. You know the company apple right? I bet if you think about it you have both faces of both founders ingrained in your skull and you never worked for them, or the company, ever.

The thing is, a company like that and a one of a kind service they provide and its founders would be household names with their images of their faces ingrained into pretty much everyone 20-30 yrs out.

I know its a show and not real, but still shit like that pisses me off because they think were fucking stupid, unless they plan to explain it all to us in the future.

• 2Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Well, I can buy having one of the creators never seen by the public. Look at the Nolan brothers. And having enough turn over in 15-20 years so nobody current knows who Arnold was and reintroducing him as Bernardbot is believable.

But nobody goes into Ford's office and ever sees that framed picture? That might be stretching it a bit.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It definitely is more of a fairy tale idea than something you can ground in reality. More Wizard of Oz than Issac Asimov.

If it's just so Bernard can be a copy of Arnold it's not really necessary either because the narrative wouldn't have required Bernad to be a duplicate in appearance anyway. The mind is the important part. So what if he's a balding black dude with glasses.

• 1Like

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I dunno if someone posted it but, kind've got a weird fight club vibe Like they were saying Teddy was Wyatt or something.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So could human Bernard be the one controlling Teddy in the town shootout and to stop it Dolores shoots Bernard? Is that the one thing Teddy still needs to figure out to be truly awakened?

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ford doesn't really come across as a public figure. I don't imagine he does press junkets like elon musk. There are HUNDREDS of fortune 500 companies where the public just has no idea who is in charge. Who's the CEO of Amazon? Who's the head of Google?

Maybe you have 100 people who are even in the same building as ford. But do you really think felix has ever even MET Ford? With as reclusive as he is, I don't think it would be crazy for the 5-10 people who could even recognize arnold to be "reassigned"

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

That's what I'm taking from this. Ford is obviously insane, and wants to protect his park at all costs. Why would Dolores just up and kill Arnold out of the blue just because she becomes self aware? She obviously enjoyed talking to him when he was still alive. I think it's more plausible that Ford programmed Dolores to kill Arnold (and anyone else who he saw as a threat) so that he could have complete control of the park, than it is to believe some of the hosts became self aware and decided to kill everyone except for Ford. Ford thinks he is god, and it's obvious through his actions that he doesn't want to share that power with anyone else. It just makes more sense that Ford betrayed Arnold and had him killed than Arnold was killed by the hosts and Ford just happened to miss his "friend" and recreated him.

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
That's what I'm taking from this. Ford is obviously insane, and wants to protect his park at all costs. Why would Dolores just up and kill Arnold out of the blue just because she becomes self aware? She obviously enjoyed talking to him when he was still alive. I think it's more plausible that Ford programmed Dolores to kill Arnold (and anyone else who he saw as a threat) so that he could have complete control of the park, than it is to believe some of the hosts became self aware and decided to kill everyone except for Ford. Ford thinks he is god, and it's obvious through his actions that he doesn't want to share that power with anyone else. It just makes more sense that Ford betrayed Arnold and had him killed than Arnold was killed by the hosts and Ford just happened to miss his "friend" and recreated him.
there is no proof of any of this.

• 2Like