Westworld

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
2. The Maeve storyline, which was by far the weakest in the show, had a very powerful conclusion. Was her decision to go back to the park for her "daughter" her becoming self aware, or part of the program? Love how the writers kept this up to the viewers to decide.

I like how this was done as well.

I also liked how Felix thought he was host after seeing Bernard.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider
When I was watching it, I kept thinking that Maeve was placed on the train by Ford to blow out Abernathy's brains so he couldn't leave the park with the code to further play into Ford's God like power in the park. Her story line makes a lot more sense though if the two techs are robots too. No way anyone could have relied on Maeve being able to manipulate two humans to let her get through security like that. One thing I thought was interesting is that Maeve basically has the same powers as Ford now. She can tell hosts what to do by voice command. Is she suppose to be Ford reborn or did Ford just want her replacing him because he knew he was going to die?

It will be interesting to see where they take season two. I figured they would have drug the awaking and robot wars into a couple of seasons instead of putting it all into one season.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If you think they are still just robots, you missed the whole fucking point.

Yeah, reading some of these fucking posts here, its like the entire point of EP10. They gained consciousness, at least 2 of them did.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, reading some of these fucking posts here, its like the entire point of EP10. They gained consciousness, at least 2 of them did.

We've seen time and time again in this thread that 1/3 of the posters can't grasp things thrown in their faces. Duurrrrr dumb show they still robots durrrr.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I still can't reconcile Maeve's storyline at all. The only argument I can make is that Ford was pushing her through the maze up until she made her own decision? I still don't understand why he would leave one of the most important aspects of the Host revolution (turning off all security measures) to Maeve's Rube Goldberg Machine-like plan which required multiple humans to be complicit, and the overlooking/incompetence of tons of security staff. In the world they've created and presented, how she got as far as she did still makes little sense, even with Ford pulling a lot of the strings.

It really just feels like she was a red herring for the audience, more than it was an actual logical story.

I feel like William feeling nothing for Dolores is pretty believable if you assume he's been coming there for 30+ years since his first encounter with her. He likely sees her in Sweetwater many, many times and she has no recollection of those earlier encounters. That's a long time to dull the feelings, man.

You'd think he'd have a different reaction though when she actually remembered and longed for him.

Instead he just laughed in her face. Maybe he was just too far changed at that point.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Really enjoyed it. I really hope Hopkins and Harris are both back next year. That look on Harris's face when he realized he was on the hardcore server was great.

LOL "The Hardcore Server" Love it.

Yeah it's obvious they gained Consciousness. Also, William would have remembered all to well (And they illustrated it in the show) that he came back and realized how false everything was with Delores which is why he had disdain for her after he saw the same thing play out in the same exact manner in which he met her. Coming full circle and realizing she would never fall in love with him.

It could have been easily a copy of Ford. Hell, I didn't even know we were watching flashbacks of William for half a damn show. So we have time travel in the past not knowing it was in the past, we have copies made of folks already... I am not sure they can write themselves in a corner if they tried too.

I am thinking we will see Feudal World, a dead board of directors from a result of the "revolution", or, this is all just part of the new story line - with an ability to get shot. (However, maybe not killed. The hosts target non vital areas. (When the hosts came out of the woods in droves, one shot William in the arm but but they all kept moving along and didn't fire any more shots at him after that)

Also, Medieval World and Rome World have already been stated by the producers they won't be visiting those. Also, for all we know, this could be like a pseudo-Anthology and at some point all the worlds come together.

Great show though and I loved every second of the series so far. I am also glad they have good shows spread out throughout the year. Game of Thrones, Ballers, and then this :) Not a lot of down time.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The robots becoming conscious is cool and I liked that part a lot. Don't get me wrong.

But Season 2 is going to have to be extremely creative to get out of the corner they just wrote themselves in. Like seriously. So Maeve decides to go back into the park. She's still a host. They'll still be able to find her. What is she going to fucking do? Play around in Japland for awhile? That'll be cool and all. But ultimately without the Hosts and their mystery combined with the Guests and such there isn't much they can do.

Park is going to be closed instantly following the Perma-Death Server being unlocked. Maybe they can re-market the park to the poop-sockers!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Man it would be cool if Ford was making a copy of himself in the room when Bernard killed Theresa. Then Bernard has to teach robot Ford how human Ford acted.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Zero chance a guy like Hopkins comes on board for a multi season TV show where he doesn't get Sean Beaned.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Really enjoyed it. I really hope Hopkins and Harris are both back next year. That look on Harris's face when he realized he was on the hardcore server was great.

Still need to find out what host was being made in the old lab, kind of thinking it was Ford making another Ford.
Harris and Hopkins are clearly both gone from the show. They might bring in some other actor to play robo Ford but HBO is not going to be paying the bill for Hopkins and Harris. That's how HBO operates.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Harris and Hopkins are clearly both gone from the show. They might bring in some other actor to play robo Ford but HBO is not going to be paying the bill for Hopkins and Harris. That's how HBO operates.

Hopkins Yes but Harris may stick around for a couple more episodes of season 2.

What i'm thinking is they will announce a whole new cast of "guests" that got stuck in the park when this shit went down.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I feel like William feeling nothing for Dolores is pretty believable if you assume he's been coming there for 30+ years since his first encounter with her. He likely sees her in Sweetwater many, many times and she has no recollection of those earlier encounters. That's a long time to dull the feelings, man.

RE: Logan. I thought it was implied that he did "kill" him. Maybe I was reading into that wrong, but I felt like he sent him off into the edge of the park, tied up and naked on a horse to basically die. That said, even if William did intend to kill him, I suppose he could still be alive.

As for the shitty guards, the only explanation for that would be if they were hosts and Ford set all of their aim/aggression meters to Stormtrooper or Cobra(GI Joe) levels. That was definitely the worst part of the finale.

Eh, still not buying the MIB now hates Dolores thing. When you really fall in love with someone, that shit never goes away. You may tell other people you hate your ex and hope she gets hit by a bus, or dies from some horrible disease, but that only proves how much you still care about them. I just think if there was a little bit of compassion left for Dolores, it would have given his character that much more depth, and could've lead to some kind of redemption, kinda like what happened with Darth Vader at the end of Star Wars. I'm just not buying that after a few days in a park killing robots, that William's personality is completely altered. We know that he is a philanthropist outside of the park, and that he only took on the MIB persona a year ago, so the whole transformation of his personality just seems very inconsistent, but that's just me.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The robots becoming conscious is cool and I liked that part a lot. Don't get me wrong.

But Season 2 is going to have to be extremely creative to get out of the corner they just wrote themselves in. Like seriously. So Maeve decides to go back into the park. She's still a host. They'll still be able to find her. What is she going to fucking do? Play around in Japland for awhile? That'll be cool and all. But ultimately without the Hosts and their mystery combined with the Guests and such there isn't much they can do.

Park is going to be closed instantly following the Perma-Death Server being unlocked. Maybe they can re-market the park to the poop-sockers!

They can go anywhere with the show now that the backstory is in place and was pretty much fnished. They can go into future and survival of hosts in real world, or they can go to the past and visit some other parks.Or they can continue the current story as it left off.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The impression I got was that Maeve was supposed to occupy the main center while Ford executed his hostile takeover plan. That and repair Arnold, I guess. I think he deliberately gave her the choice to escape or come back for her daughter as a sort of final test of free will. Every moment prior to that was completely planned by Ford, up until he had Delores shoot him. Given Ford's scenes with the Asian tech early on where he is berating the guy for showing empathy towards a host, I think he was specifically selected by Ford for Maeve to influence. Not the best part of the show, but not as bad as it was made out to be, either. The robots were clearly stronger, tougher, and faster than humans when they wanted to be (post credit scene with snake girl more or less confirms this) so normal humans who were not used to the robots attacking them WOULD get ganked like bond henchmen. I am guessing Delos likely had a military/infiltration interest in the robot tech and viewed the park as simply a demo training ground for that purpose, but that's pure speculation at this point. My gut feeling was Maeve was actually given the choice to either escape with the plans to build more murderbots for the robot revolution, or return to the park and find her "daughter". We wont know until a hypothetical second season who got out of the massacre alive and what became of those plans, though.

The overall Ford plot was solid, imo. He had all the scenes with his robo family and the dog where he was clearly working things out. It seemed to me that he was tired of the games with the board and wanted to make sure his creations would be free after he was gone. That and he had a very low opinion of humanity and clearly a very close friendship with Arnold, given all the homages he paid to him in the park and his actions (using his credentials to do the under the table stuff, ect) as well as his fondness for Bernard. He is basically the deus machina in the entire series and his plans are literally the only ones that were successful and had agency to them. Honestly, if I were planning to start Terminator IRL, I would act like someone vehemently against freedom for the hosts, too.

There were three things that bothered me about the series. The main one is that they never explained what precisely happened to Ellie and the security chief guy. My guess is that Ford likely arranged for them to be kept out of the way so they would not get ganked in the revolt. Would have been nice to have some indication of their fate, but I am guessing the writers left it open to decide later. The lesser issue for me, was the Wyatt back story and whether or not Delores essentially stopped being Delores and is now Wyatt, but again they probably left that open on purpose.

I agree that I almost prefer that they not do another season because this was about perfect for a story, as it is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
They can go anywhere with the show now that the backstory is in place and was pretty much fnished. They can go into future and survival of hosts in real world, or they can go to the past and visit some other parks.Or they can continue the current story as it left off.

Yeah, but will any of that be interesting? I don't want to watch Samurai world with new hosts now that I know the backstory of the park. I'm not really interested in "hosts now among us, go shopping at Walmart," and I'm not really interested in watching humans vs. sentient robots for the hundredth time. I have no idea where the show goes from here, but they have painted themselves into a pretty tight corner.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, but will any of that be interesting? I don't want to watch Samurai world with new hosts now that I know the backstory of the park. I'm not really interested in "hosts now among us, go shopping at Walmart," and I'm not really interested in watching humans vs. sentient robots for the hundredth time. I have no idea where the show goes from here, but they have painted themselves into a pretty tight corner.

Wouldn't it be cool though if robots from the other parks became like humans and the parks fought each other. almost like they were different nations fighting for control just like humans. I think I would just like to see samurai vs. the wild west. Deadliest warrior robot style.

• 1Solidarity

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Wouldn't it be cool though if robots from the other parks became like humans and the parks fought each other. almost like they were different nations fighting for control just like humans. I think I would just like to see samurai vs. the wild west. Deadliest warrior robot style.

Yeah, but they'd all be robots, so who cares? Every conflict in a story involves man (man vs. nature, man vs. man, man vs. society, man vs. self, and man vs. technology) without humans being involved in the story, the conflict would be pointless.