Westworld

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Get the fuck out of this thread. Like, Jesus dude. Do you just have to be a faggot everywhere at all times and in all places? Are you required to? Is it mandated by law that you just be an obnoxious cunt forever?

Fuck. Off.
this show is shit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
"THEY'RE STILL JUST ROBOTS!!!"

Motherfuckers better check they Asimov rules.

He didn't order it. He let her make the choice. She made the choice. The choice to kill her creators.

KIND OF a big deal.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've been saying forever that the "awakening" was actually part of the program. It wasn't a fluke that it happened.

I still really like the show, but this episode was a bit of a let down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If you think they are still just robots, you missed the whole fucking point.

• 7Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Lol yeah. Dolores did gain consciousness.

I liked the ending a lot. Much of the episode was just explanation of what had already been largely figured out, but the last bit was cool. Ford's talk to Dolores and Bernard was neat - the painting. He explained it as the divine existing inside the mind, but it could also be seen as a metaphor for that very moment in the room. Ford is god, and he is giving Adam, aka Dolores his first creation, the gift of consciousness. She gains it when she realizes she hasn't been talking to Arnold, but to herself.

So what did happen to Logan? William sent him off naked on a horse, but he survived? William just knew that after finding himself in the park that he was stronger than Logan and that his father in law would see him as the one more fit to run the company.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
I enjoyed the ending quite a bit and was grinning right along with William there at the end but the issue that soured the experience for me, as always, was Maeve; as yet another perfect moment to kill her off, risk free, is ignored and that farce with the brain dead security guards was absolutely cringe worthy. Every time she's on the screen it feels like the parks campy writing and B movie quality action scenes bleed over into reality. There was some vindication with the confirmation of Ford's involvement and her deviation from the script that Bernard had read earlier, I liked it that she finally made a choice of her own but did the writing really need to be so awful to get us to that point in her story? I don't think it did and it baffles me that the shows writers found it acceptable when with but a few tweaks they could have made her abomination of a storyline into something more credible and immersive.

As far as some of the complaints that others have raised I think you are making a mistake by judging this season as a complete story rather than as part 1 of an ongoing story. The hosts still feel like automatons true but as Ford said they will still need to suffer quite a bit in order to reach the point that they need to, whatever that is. I do agree though that they failed to create any truly sympathetic characters so far; I had felt for Delores at first but as the show went on and she became more unstable and obviously manipulated (artificial) I began to view her more like the others and her 'metamorphosis' at the end didn't really help with that even though I understood it. My main interest instead shifted to the mind games the writers were playing and to Ford who I was hoping would continue down the god emperor route but his reveal at the end didn't truly disappoint me (maybe a little). All in all I had fun watching and I'm looking forward to next year.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
meh shit writing was shit, disappointing end to a show that had potential

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

He didn't order it. He let her make the choice. She made the choice. The choice to kill her creators.

KIND OF a big deal.

Not to mention it looked clear that she became self aware as her inner monologue changed from Arnold to herself.

• 3Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I really loved the poetry of Ford's ending. However I feel they've effectively written themselves into a corner. This season itself was good because of the mystery and that is gone now. I am disappointed that William is the MiB but it worked out okay for the end. But where the fuck does it go now? Ford effectively pitted the Hosts versus Mankind in the end. Like others have said. From Maeve and Ford we know there are non-vocal kill commands and a board of investors has no kill switch for everything? Ford disabled all of it... okay sure.

I mean, even Ford said that Mankind would stop any threat to their supremacy and not to trust them. That we fucking ATE the last competitors in the food chain that opposed us. Yeah, some robits we designed are going to overthrow us Battlestar Galactica style.

Half the human (maybe hosts lol?) security guards are dead along with the actual human owners. This would trigger a dramatic restructuring of ALL safeguards in the park. The entire Host system would be ripped the fuck up and even Bernard would be in no position to stop it. I have trouble suspending my disbelief with that. Not to mention no guests would be coming at all. So who will they be fighting? The human Army they send to kill all these stupid hosts with, at best, Civil War era firearms? Not to mention the Park is supplied by the human world.

Materials for host creation would cease to be produced immediately. There's 2000 hosts in Westworld + Cold Storage + the other worlds... so its maybe like 10k hosts? 7 Billion humans. Come on dog. How will they be maintained? Japanworld is going to be awesome, no doubt.

But this other shit they will need to be REAL creative about.

• 2Like

khalid

Unelected Mod
Great show, loved the finale. Have no idea where they are going with S2.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

KIND OF a big deal.

While I believe in conscious AI... philosophically and I do enjoy such a premise. I ostensibly support the idea that self-aware robots are a thing. But when we have robots coming around and killing off Humanity.

Fuck robots burn those Skynet pieces of shit to slag. Asimov rules are cool and all until you have terminators at your door. This is like those retards who "sided" with the blue monkeys from Avatar. Bomb those fuckers from orbit.

Humanity, Fuck Yeah!

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can sufficiently say that pretty much everything did get answered last night, but I can't sufficiently say that I really like those answers. The very end of the show was kick ass as William in Black smiled when he got shot, and watched as an army of reanimated hosts descend on Delos Board Members.

The journey of Dolores and William were what hooked me this season, and again, I know the "main" question was answered, however I'm not sure I liked it. I felt how it all played out felt kind of cheap. They relied way too heavily on the robots' skewed perception as a plot device to the point that what was a solid story of self discovery turned into a very muddy mess by the end, that had to be explained, not shown. So they explain that Dolores and William made that journey more than once. Great. So when did William drag Dolores into the barn? Was that this last time? Before William gutted Maeve? Or after? Was it Teddy she always saw in all of those loops, and met up with him to go help Pa at the farm? Or was that William? And what did happen to Logan. When the scene began, I honestly thought William was murdering him by making the horse cross the boundary and blowing up, and Logan along with it.

Ford's renaissance also seemed cheap. They pounded us over the head how he was adamant that these were just advanced animatronics who had limited ability to improvise for story line deviations brought on by guests. He insisted on talking to them while naked in QA. He reminded people all the time that they were not real. How he handled Bernard's constant loops, and tried to end it with his forced suicide. Now all of a sudden, Ford goes all Vizzini from Princess Bride, and goes "I knew this and felt this way all along, see??!?" I know 35 years is a long time, and it is logical the man would have a change in heart, but their over insistence on using smoke and mirrors, again just really muddied up the result.

And lastly Maeve. God this was a train wreck. I personally loved the one sided shootout with the guards for its absurdity and spectacle, but not for its actual plot mechanism. They did explain it, but in the cheesiest possible way. Definitely some throw backs to PoI and Mr. Reese going into a building swarming with military, armed with nothing more than a hand gun, and wiping out the entire place. But it just did not fit here... at all. The whole thing was just way too absurd for any pay off to be worth it, with the lone exception of her making it completely out, and giving us a glimpse of what the world actually is. Which they didn't, so it's all moot.

In the end, I loved the middle of the season, which in turn made the beginning of the season work. However, it really started to slip at ep. 8 and 9 causing 10 to drag down with it. The very end was beyond cool, so I'm down with seeing what the consequences are. However, with the rest, I hope they don't dwell on it, and just move forward. What's done is done, just don't keep doing this needless mind fuckery just for the sake of looking cool and just tell a story. The only way all of that can be pulled off, is if it ALL falls right into place, and I really felt that they failed miserably at doing that.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Really enjoyed it. I really hope Hopkins and Harris are both back next year. That look on Harris's face when he realized he was on the hardcore server was great.

Still need to find out what host was being made in the old lab, kind of thinking it was Ford making another Ford.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Really enjoyed it. I really hope Hopkins and Harris are both back next year. That look on Harris's face when he realized he was on the hardcore server was great.

Still need to find out what host was being made in the old lab, kind of thinking it was Ford making another Ford.

Ed Harris would of played PVP.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I thought the ending was great. I even thought they somewhat redeemed the stupidity of the Maeve scenes a bit, with Ford basically manipulating all of that. There are some shitty parts, but the overall package was thoroughly entertaining and I looked forward to each new episode. I give it a solid 7 out of 10 overall.

• 2Solidarity

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
What I loved:
1. Loved the ending. Don't understand why anyone has an issue with it, but it's mostly the people who couldn't figure out what was going on in the show in the first place who didn't like it, so not surprised there.

2. The Maeve storyline, which was by far the weakest in the show, had a very powerful conclusion. Was her decision to go back to the park for her "daughter" her becoming self aware, or part of the program? Love how the writers kept this up to the viewers to decide.

3. Dolores does become self aware, and payback is a mother fucker!

4. The look on William's face when he realized he could be killed was priceless.

What I hated:
1. The exposition between Dolores and William felt cheap and ham fisted. By this point, everyone except the truly braindead knew that William was the MIB, no need to go into a 10 minute explanation of how it's possible, and backtracking everything that happened between them.

2. I didn't buy William now feeling nothing for Dolores, even after all these years. I felt that cheapened his character and the entire story. William truly trying to have her awaken and save her from the park would've been much more fitting.

3. William not killing Logan in the park is just bullshit. The explanation that William would just go to Logan's dad and tell him "your son isn't fit to run this company, but I am" is just retarded. Lots of people's children are not fit to take over a company, but it still happens 99.9% of the time.

4. The guards being so inept that they are being picked off one at a time was beyond stupid. Like someone else mentioned, this was so bad it made the storm troopers in Star Wars look competent by comparison.

5. The ending to this episode was perfect. I don't really see any other story needing to be told. I just don't see any plausible continuation of this story. After what happened inside the park in the final episode, the park would be shut down and probably bombed from an aircraft and turned into a parking lot. There's just no way that the hosts could even fight a battle against humans outside the park, and even if they could, would that really be an interesting show? Not really. Plus, we've already seen that story twice: The Terminator, and The Matrix.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
2. I didn't buy William now feeling nothing for Dolores, even after all these years. I felt that cheapened his character and the entire story. William truly trying to have her awaken and save her from the park would've been much more fitting.

3. William not killing Logan in the park is just bullshit. The explanation that William would just go to Logan's dad and tell him "your son isn't fit to run this company, but I am" is just retarded. Lots of people's children are not fit to take over a company, but it still happens 99.9% of the time.

4. The guards being so inept that they are being picked off one at a time was beyond stupid. Like someone else mentioned, this was so bad it made the storm troopers in Star Wars look competent by comparison.

I feel like William feeling nothing for Dolores is pretty believable if you assume he's been coming there for 30+ years since his first encounter with her. He likely sees her in Sweetwater many, many times and she has no recollection of those earlier encounters. That's a long time to dull the feelings, man.

RE: Logan. I thought it was implied that he did "kill" him. Maybe I was reading into that wrong, but I felt like he sent him off into the edge of the park, tied up and naked on a horse to basically die. That said, even if William did intend to kill him, I suppose he could still be alive.

As for the shitty guards, the only explanation for that would be if they were hosts and Ford set all of their aim/aggression meters to Stormtrooper or Cobra(GI Joe) levels. That was definitely the worst part of the finale.

• 2Like