Westworld

Warflagon

Peasant
TBH, i"m just spit balling, hoping that things are not as obvious as they appear to be. Cuase if things are as obvious as they appear to be, this is some pre twilight zone writing going on......I don't have much respect for JJ, so I'm HOPING it's not as easy as everyone thinks from episode 2......

edit - I never saw a twilight zone episode at any age that did not surprise me. I HOPE this will be similar and that I, and all of us, are completely bewildered! :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think Ford is a Host. He was the Master Mold host that Arnold built to help him. Arnold was the creative aspect and Ford was his technical guy. When Arnold decided to make more of Ford by giving his other hosts sentience, Ford had him killed. Directly or indirectly. The "partner that didn't exist" was probably actually Ford because he was built. I don't know if they name swapped or what, but Ford even says that basically no one is left from their early park days except Doloroes, and a roundabout way, Bernard.

It's the modern neo-Frankenstein story. Benevolent creator makes something that in the end turns on him. Seeks to create it's own creations to achieve true 'life'. Kills anyone/everyone who gets in its way.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
My best guess would be a "Ford loop" where he just repeats this massive storyline. There are smaller loops within it (like each host).

Ford did say that Humans were no different than the Hosts in that they follow their own loops.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
TBH, i"m just spit balling, hoping that things are not as obvious as they appear to be. Cuase if things are as obvious as they appear to be, this is some pre twilight zone writing going on......I don't have much respect for JJ, so I'm HOPING it's not as easy as everyone thinks from episode 2......

edit - I never saw a twilight zone episode at any age that did not surprise me. I HOPE this will be similar and that I, and all of us, are completely bewildered! :)
If Ford and Arnold are a split personality, I will definitely be bewildered. I just don't think for the same reasons you will be.

• 1Like

Warflagon

Peasant
Really? come on down my rabbit hole bud, I have all kinds of treats!

Maybe arnold was a split personality? and created ford that created him?

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think Ford is a Host. He was the Master Mold host that Arnold built to help him. Arnold was the creative aspect and Ford was his technical guy. When Arnold decided to make more of Ford by giving his other hosts sentience, Ford had him killed. Directly or indirectly. The "partner that didn't exist" was probably actually Ford because he was built. I don't know if they name swapped or what, but Ford even says that basically no one is left from their early park days except Doloroes, and a roundabout way, Bernard.

It's the modern neo-Frankenstein story. Benevolent creator makes something that in the end turns on him. Seeks to create it's own creations to achieve true 'life'. Kills anyone/everyone who gets in its way.

This is sort of where i'm leaning. It's just all hosts playing out their shit again and again, with different permutations each time. I compared it earlier to a matrix + bsg theme. It's all just speculation - could be that the board are the only humans involved and it's the year 29,291 and this simulation has played out 100's of thousands of times in some sort of effort to bootstrap real AI consciousness via evolution? Maybe rules are being broken with board members getting involved (MIB)?

Who fucken knows. I have a feeling we won't get big picture information until season 2. Next week is just gonna be a major fucking blue ball teaser of an ending.

• 2Like

Caliane

the maze and the Minotaur, are unquestionable.

is there other references to the labyrinth, and Thesus we might be overlooking?
Is ford Minos? Is Arnold Daedalus? MIB Thesus? white/black hat, related to White and black sails? is someone Icarus? Dolores araidne, mib going to abandon her?
The Labyrinth was created to keep the Minotaur IN, not keep people away from it.

I feel mortality will come into play. Ford is either already a robot, or is testing the waters with replacing himself. if already a robot, I would suspect its recent. not built by Arnold. but, he copied himself within the last 5 years, knowing he was dying. I am pretty on board with Ford is already a host, as well.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Warflagon

Peasant
This is sort of where i'm leaning. It's just all hosts playing out their shit again and again, with different permutations each time. I compared it earlier to a matrix + bsg theme. It's all just speculation - could be that the board are the only humans involved and it's the year 29,291 and this simulation has played out 100's of thousands of times in some sort of effort to bootstrap real AI consciousness via evolution? Maybe rules are being broken with board members getting involved (MIB)?

Who fucken knows. I have a feeling we won't get big picture information until season 2. Next week is just gonna be a major fucking blue ball teaser of an ending.

I believe season two is going to show the events of 30+ years ago. The research, the progress, the start and the partnership of ford and/or arnold with only a few flash forwards to the present......

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I believe season two is going to show the events of 30+ years ago. The research, the progress, the start and the partnership of ford and/or arnold with only a few flash forwards to the present......

This makes no sense - half of this first season is leading up to the culmination of events of 30 years ago.

• 1Like

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Also, I got 2 bits that logan is the MIB, not billy..

Came here to say this, specifically.

William would have gone all the way, in his talk with Ford, the Man in Black implied he stopped the events that are about to unfold.

The fact that the Man in Black is on the board would be the final nail. Why would William want to own a stake in the company, and continue to participate in the narratives as the Man in Black has; when he already appears thoroughly convinced?

• 1Like

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, I just can't wrap my head around why anyone would think that Logan is MiB. The guy has repeatedly shown he's just playing this like Red Dead Redemption: a big video game. Hell, they even managed to turn him into somewhat of a sympathetic character this episode after he cuts William loose and embraces him in a juicy bro hug.

In previous episodes, the MiB repeatedly references how he was "born" in Westworld (MiB to Lawrence: "In a sense, I was born here") -- that the park elicited an awakening within himself. Does Logan seem like a guy who has or is going to undergo some sort of psychological revelation? I don't think so. He's just a bro with a lot of money and a lot of time on his hands.

William is clearly the one who is undergoing a seismic character shift. This is a guy who only a few episodes earlier was afraid to hold a gun. Now he's brutally slaughtering a veritable army of hosts and putting a knife to Logan's neck. This is the rebirth that MiB references.

• 2Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It hasn't been revealed yet but my thought is that Bernard killed Elsie on Ford's order because he thought Elsie was the one sending information out of the park via the telecommunications console. Not the one investigating it. We now know that it was the Board using Teresa and modified Hosts to send information offsite.

You're forgetting that Elsie discovered that in addition to Teresa using the console for her data smuggling, she found that someone else has been using Arnold's login credentials to make modifications to the park's host. IIRC it was only the older models, because the newer ones no longer use that network. I assume she was killed to keep that information secret.

• 1Like

Warflagon

Peasant
Yeah, I just can't wrap my head around why anyone would think that Logan is MiB. The guy has repeatedly shown he's just playing this like Red Dead Redemption: a big video game. Hell, they even managed to turn him into somewhat of a sympathetic character this episode after he cuts William loose and embraces him in a juicy bro hug.

In previous episodes, the MiB repeatedly references how he was "born" in Westworld (MiB to Lawrence: "In a sense, I was born here") -- that the park elicited an awakening within himself. Does Logan seem like a guy who has or is going to undergo some sort of psychological revelation? I don't think so. He's just a bro with a lot of money and a lot of time on his hands.

William is clearly the one who is undergoing a seismic character shift. This is a guy who only a few episodes earlier was afraid to hold a gun. Now he's brutally slaughtering a veritable army of hosts and putting a knife to Logan's neck. This is the rebirth that MiB references.

I base my theory on the fact that the MIB has only been a black hatted evil bastard for 1 year. for the last 29 years, sure, maybe a black hat cowboy, but not evil....Now we see willy going completly cray evil 30 years ago , chopping bot parts off....Still think Logan is the MIB, and while rough and frat like in westworld, is a good guy IRL.

My theory , that I stated a few pages back is that the last episode of season one will show william and logan in the real world, where logan is (outwardly) kind and generous and billy is (outwardly) whiny and snotty......

• 1Like

Warflagon

Peasant
  • I just figured it all out.
arnold created a robot called ford to assist in his work. Fordbot rebelled and had the other bots rebel and kill arnold. Ford assumed control as an unknown bot and recreated arnold to assist him as bernard.

Because arnold wants the bots to be conscious, it is built into fords cornerstone/narrative/hiddenpast to progress this narrative.

I WIN! FUCK YOU INTERNETS I WON!!!!!!! ....../bang.......

• 1Like