Westworld

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Haven't watched after ep 3 yet. This is wild west related but off topic, reminding me of Deadwood's finale and the show being persistently human.
Hearst, a fictional version of him serving the show's purpose, buys a makeshift perch across Swearengen's saloon to mimic his balcony. Hearst leaves Deadwood smirkingly impervious to the rule of law in a town not quiet yet unwild. Busy getting civilized. Swearengen cleans up blood by himself with his own hands in the end. One of the best finales I've seen. Charlie Utter says, "You done fucking good." But Bullock says, "I did fucking nothing."

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The only cool thing this season is the hunt for the true AI. The Humanity Guide or whatever the fuck it's called. It's totally inscrutable and alien.

But I am sure once Delores gets the master code she will just hack it instantly.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Space Oddity cover was great, otherwise I agree that this was a pretty mediocre episode and my least favorite of the season so far. That scene with ride of the valkyries and the whole drug trip thing seemed completely pointless and didn’t provide any character/plot growth, but instead felt like an excuse to use that song.

I feel like this season will really hinge on whether or not the ending/overall plot sucks. That statement sounds dumb written out but I feel like overall I’ve enjoyed it better than season 2, but if some of the plot/characters don’t go anywhere and the last few episodes suck then I can see my opinion of the whole thing changing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
This season isn't as bad as the low points of last season, but season 2 at least had better high points in a couple of really good episodes and good moments throughout even if it was an up and down shitfest mostly. This season is just mediocre from the beginning until this point.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah this season is cool to watch from a visual aspect - the shots are absolutely gorgeous and the set design, costumes, etc are fantastic along with the music. They must have spent a FORTUNE on licensing just this episode

- David Bowies Space Oddity
- The Shining theme song
- Iggy Pop / Davie Bow Nightclubbing
- Emerge from Fischerspooner

but holy shit the "antagonist" is a shit character, and you can't sell the reveal of your entire seasons foundational arc with fucking MARSHAN LYNCH as one of the scene actors. What is this nonsense, lol

Jessie being on drugs the entire episode was one of those "writers way too up their own asshole" things, the basic theme of this season somewhat tracks Dune - humanity will wipe itself out unless someone navigates a new future - but holy shit the delivery and writing is just abysmally bad.

I think so far it seems to be following the pattern of 1 ok episode and 1 bad episode (even/odd)? Or maybe they're all just kinda bad, hard to say.

• 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This show is so painful. I really want to like it, but god damn it's trying it's best to make that impossible. So much mystery and intrigue that there could be with literally no effort, and instead this show constantly feels like visiting my grand parents and having the exact same law and order episode playing in the back ground as. It's just noise. Literally the only improvement from last season is dolores is less annoying, but not by much.

Watching the first few episodes I thought there'd be some trick to this. Maybe Robert Ford faked his death and made a westworld for the westworld hosts so that they could attempt to escape into to see what they'd do. There was a million ways they could have taken this a more clever route and build upon season one's idea of the robots slowly building an awareness. It feels like they skipped entirely over a huge world of potential by never exploring that and just instantly progressing to set stats to max and become super aware and all powerful.

• 1Like

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Wow Dolores is really sticking it to this villain I didn't know even existed until 2 weeks ago. I'm suuuuuuper invested in this plot.

And wtf is up with the terrible security lol. I have to jump through more hoops to log into my Bnet or Steam accounts then they do to get full control of the server that runs the entire planet. I mean they can steal a billionaires entire fortune with a fingerprint. Next up she's going to take control of every military on the planet with a eye scan, the sky is the limit!

The whole drug thing seemed a writer had a cool idea, sync up the drug trip to the action scenes. But they just failed to deliver on it.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Those cars were ridiculously bulletproof, right? Why did anyone ever hop out of them into gunfire? Probably the same reason Navy Seals with FN P90s riding in dune buggies charged a fort out in the open in S2, I guess.

Society collapses in like 30 seconds?

40 minutes of slow motion confused Aaron Paul face...
That fucking dialogue...
Delores is the worst character on the show.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I hope they release a season 3 sound track. I could listen to the music all day.

• 1Solidarity

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
And wtf is up with the terrible security lol. I have to jump through more hoops to log into my Bnet or Steam accounts then they do to get full control of the server that runs the entire planet. I mean they can steal a billionaires entire fortune with a fingerprint. Next up she's going to take control of every military on the planet with a eye scan, the sky is the limit!

I was justt about to post about why the most important world running computer is literally sitting in the lobby of a random office building with 1 or 2 people standing around and a million windows and how 2 people can just casually stand there and run the thing with no one else around.

• 1Worf

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hope they release a season 3 sound track. I could listen to the music all day.

If you dont want to wait, you can look through the credits, and find them on YouTube/Spotify/whatever, such as:

• 2Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
last episode was embarrassingly bad, director should be ashamed of herself

• 1Solidarity

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Those cars were ridiculously bulletproof, right? Why did anyone ever hop out of them into gunfire? Probably the same reason Navy Seals with FN P90s riding in dune buggies charged a fort out in the open in S2, I guess.

Society collapses in like 30 seconds?

40 minutes of slow motion confused Aaron Paul face...
That fucking dialogue...
Delores is the worst character on the show.
an initial spasm of collapse seems legit if you suddenly have a video log of your past present and future so you can replay in living color every fucked up thing you have ever done and ever will do and realize that the govt has always had that info and has been using it against you.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I have to jump through more hoops to log into my Bnet or Steam accounts then they do to get full control of the server that runs the entire planet. I mean they can steal a billionaires entire fortune with a fingerprint.

Eh? Your password is fallible because most people use the same password for multiple sites, therefore it only takes one site to get hacked for your password to get stolen. Hence why sites use 2fa.

Ain't nobody getting your finger print, which is why when I transferred bank accounts recently the new bank's bank app let me send money with just the fingerprint app access, nothing else.

As someone that watched/read way too much Christian endtime prophecy stuff, Revelation says "and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." which back in the 90s was interpreted as some kind of biometric technology

• 1Seriously?

velk

Trakanon Raider
Eh? Your password is fallible because most people use the same password for multiple sites, therefore it only takes one site to get hacked for your password to get stolen. Hence why sites use 2fa.

Ain't nobody getting your finger print, which is why when I transferred bank accounts recently the new bank's bank app let me send money with just the fingerprint app access, nothing else.

Oh really :trollface:

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If your girlfriend who knows jack shit about technology can figure out what PIN you use and has access to your thumb / face while you are sleeping then far more clever people can do better with less.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

As someone that watched/read way too much Christian endtime prophecy stuff, Revelation says "and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." which back in the 90s was interpreted as some kind of biometric technology

So when Delores can make perfect duplicates of people like the Scottish security guy there's really no point in these cloak and dagger shenanigans.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If your girlfriend who knows jack shit about technology can figure out what PIN you use and has access to your thumb / face while you are sleeping then far more clever people can do better with less.

That's not really how this works. Computer security most often gets compromised via social engineering and/or user error/stupidity. Not some clandestine group of super hackers who have circuit boards they can just plug into any interface and steal data from. That's hollywood, not the real world.

The girlfriend having access to your thumb/face has way more ability to crack your computer security than any actual security expert sitting at a remote computer hoping you leave a backdoor into your system (which they have to find and target in the first place).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
You guys are probably putting more thought into this than the entire writing team of westworld.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users