What are you playing?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There's dank mods for ds3 and the others I'm sure
Console peasant here. Before you judge me, I spend my entire work day in front of a PC and then at home I end up working on music arrangements and other nerd shit for a couple hours, so I absolutely am not into PC gaming anymore as a result. Plus 82 inch TV with 9.2 surround is a compelling argument too.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Just finished Record Lodoss: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth. Okay game, plays a lot like the Castlevania-type Metroidvanias from years ago, but feels a little more linear. It has some cool mechanics, but even with some backtracking it only took me like 8 hours to beat it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Alyx VR / SkyrimVR / Fallout VR
Kingdom Come Deliverance (just started)
Warzone

Alternating those and loving it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
TABG
HLL
RoR2

Not much else, what a bleak field of games to invest time into.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Running a second playthrough of Pathfinder: Kingmaker. This time around, I'm just saying fuck it and playing on easy the whole way through--see if I can get a full playthrough in under 100 hours.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I've been hitting deckbuilders really hard lately.

Across the Obelisk is one, you have a party of 4 that can be different classes and you can play it cooperatively giving up to 3 others control of the characters.

Tainted Grail is my solo go-to for a similar fix. There are classes you slowly unlock and it's a nice looking game. It's a nice change of pace from Obelisk because you don't have all the initial deck setup to deal with. This game was REALLY rough and I didn't like it in early access. I can't get enough of it now that it's released in the last week or so.

Ascension just released a new expansion, this is my no-thought-required-but-want-to-play-a-card-game go-to.

I own and enjoy all of the expansions.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Haven’t played anything myself the last couple weeks. Went through Deaths Gambit a couple times a few weeks ago.

Played some SNES ROMs with my 6 yo today. Joe & Mac the old cave man platformer and A Link to the Past. It’s interesting watching him play old games with shitty controls or high difficulty. Some of the questions are interesting. “Why does it make you start over?” or “Why doesn’t it save all the time?” like current gen games he’s more used to. “Why do I only get three lives?” Mostly I can just answer “I don’t know, stuff was just harder back then, we didn’t have auto save” idk if that was a coding problem or we just hadn’t thought of it yet. I know some difficulty and cheap deaths was coded into arcade games to increase how many quarters you’d put in. I’m guessing some of the difficulty in home console games was just to make it seem longer than it really was but idk for sure.

Edit: Another funny one we played recently was the MAME ROM of Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker. The special move of making everyone on screen dance and then die had him going “What? Why do they die after you make them dance?” And “Wait what? Why does the monkey turn you into a robot, and why is his name Bubbles?” I just said “idk man that’s just this game” and he rolled with it. He thought the MJ screaming WOO in between levels was hilarious (as it is) He loved when MJ transformed into a jet and flew away from the exploding base at the end. He said it made no sense but was cool anyways. Bruuce Bruuce you remember drunken nights of saving children in Moonwalker?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Took me almost half a year to finish AC Valhalla (yeah I'm slow like that) so I picked up the game that I bought on the same day back in december - Cyberpunk 2077. Past the tutorial so far.

• 2Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still playing factorio. I've discovered that this is the only game right now that is keeping me interested. Mostly because I can spend 3 hours optimizing something trivial that doesn't really matter, and at the end deciding that it wasn't worth doing, scrapping the whole thing and moving on to trying to optimize something else and still feeling like I have accomplished a great deal. For other games, I'm just too impatient. Although with Shadow Tactics I now have a couple of achievements to go on the 100%. Luckily there's a new standalone expansion Aiko's Revenge coming later this year. Only game I look forward to, other than Total War Warhammer 3
ps, if someone can suggest new similar games to Shadow Tactics/Desperados III that would be great

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm playing Mass Effect Trilogy, only in the first one right now.

I'm also playing a little coop game with a friend called Operation Tango which is free this month on PS5. It's kinda fun for what it is.

I'm getting ready for FF7 DLC and Ratchet and Clank that are coming soon.

I'll probably fit Ratchet and Clank in between ME2 and ME3.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm playing Mass Effect Trilogy, only in the first one right now.

I'm also playing a little coop game with a friend called Operation Tango which is free this month on PS5. It's kinda fun for what it is.

I'm getting ready for FF7 DLC and Ratchet and Clank that are coming soon.

I'll probably fit Ratchet and Clank in between ME2 and ME3.
new patch broke achievements like insanity etc let me know if it did it for trophies.

Limited time but I am trying to play WoW and EQ

spronk

FPS noob
balls deep in Mass Effect 2, nearing the 70% mark or so I'd say. No problem with trophies for me so far, gotten all the bullshit ones (kill 25 with power X) out of the way and just the various missions, max paragon, max friendships, etc left. I plat'd ME1 with the last patch no problem either.

Got FF7-R Yuffie DLC and Ratchet and Clank up next when they arrive, after that not really sure been fucking with Octopath Traveler on gamepass 1-2 hours a week.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I'm still playing factorio. I've discovered that this is the only game right now that is keeping me interested.
Have you tried other similar games like Satisfactory, Oxygen Not Included, Dyson Sphere program?

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Haven’t played anything myself the last couple weeks. Went through Deaths Gambit a couple times a few weeks ago.

Played some SNES ROMs with my 6 yo today. Joe & Mac the old cave man platformer and A Link to the Past. It’s interesting watching him play old games with shitty controls or high difficulty. Some of the questions are interesting. “Why does it make you start over?” or “Why doesn’t it save all the time?” like current gen games he’s more used to. “Why do I only get three lives?” Mostly I can just answer “I don’t know, stuff was just harder back then, we didn’t have auto save” idk if that was a coding problem or we just hadn’t thought of it yet. I know some difficulty and cheap deaths was coded into arcade games to increase how many quarters you’d put in. I’m guessing some of the difficulty in home console games was just to make it seem longer than it really was but idk for sure.

Edit: Another funny one we played recently was the MAME ROM of Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker. The special move of making everyone on screen dance and then die had him going “What? Why do they die after you make them dance?” And “Wait what? Why does the monkey turn you into a robot, and why is his name Bubbles?” I just said “idk man that’s just this game” and he rolled with it. He thought the MJ screaming WOO in between levels was hilarious (as it is) He loved when MJ transformed into a jet and flew away from the exploding base at the end. He said it made no sense but was cool anyways. Bruuce Bruuce you remember drunken nights of saving children in Moonwalker?

It's honestly about as faithful a video game adaptation of Moonwalker the film you could make. It has the Smooth Criminal music video and Michael does turn in to a robot in it and I think also a jet at the very end? I haven't seen it in a while.

It's bizarre.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Yakuza 7
It started a bit slow and some of the cut scenes are way too long, but the Turn base party RPG in a modern city is super interesting.

Should finish it in time for Ratchet and Clank then back to Mass Effect Legendary for the 2nd installment.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Terraria is life. Game is so addictive and fun. I picked this up and I actually forgot I had it in my Steam library for the longest. At first I hated the game because I had no clue on what I was doing. I played it for about 30 minutes and quickly uninstalled the game. I was just running around killing slime and digging endlessly. I just couldn’t understand the popularity and high reviews this game has gotten.

So I been watching Quin69 stream the hell out of the game and I actually liked what I saw. I decided to read up the game’s wiki and watch a few YouTube video to get a better understanding on what I’m supposed to do. Sadly there no real in game guide to point you in the right direction. I wasn’t aware how complex and in-depth this game actually is. Hell I wasn’t aware the game had multiple classes you can choose from. I couldn’t believe I didn’t get into this game sooner.

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I love Terraria. I wish I could find another game like it. Starbound just wasn't it.

I've played through the Calamity mod a few times. Just finished a Thorium playthrough (well, last boss remains) and it wasn't super fun. Just seemed sloppy in comparison to Calamity.