What are you playing?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Edit: Another funny one we played recently was the MAME ROM of Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker. The special move of making everyone on screen dance and then die had him going “What? Why do they die after you make them dance?” And “Wait what? Why does the monkey turn you into a robot, and why is his name Bubbles?” I just said “idk man that’s just this game” and he rolled with it.

Bubbles was Michael Jackson's real life pet chimpanzee that was famous for some reason

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I love Terraria. I wish I could find another game like it. Starbound just wasn't it.

I've played through the Calamity mod a few times. Just finished a Thorium playthrough (well, last boss remains) and it wasn't super fun. Just seemed sloppy in comparison to Calamity.
Yeah I never played a game like this before. Definitely one of a kind. Despite its simple graphics that gameplay is amazing. I would love to see a 3d version of the game. I just beat the first boss, the Eye of Cthulhu. It was easier than I thought. Later I accidentally spawned some brain boss in the Crimson biome. I was shattering these hearts, he came out of nowhere and his eyes knocked me into into lava where I died. Then I found this old man who needed help. I started exploring this dungeon and a giant skull 1 shotted me with 400 health.

Can’t wait to finish the rest and then on to hard mode. What’s calamity mod? Is that similar to crimson or corruption?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Bubbles was Michael Jackson's real life pet chimpanzee that was famous for some reason
Yeah. It doesn’t tell you it’s Bubbles in the game, I just my kid that. He asked how I knew and I basically said what you did. “No idea why I know that, it was just his monkey and we all knew the name.”

I do remember some kind of “blowing bubbles” punchline joke when I was a kid but don’t really remember the full joke.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I love Terraria. I wish I could find another game like it. Starbound just wasn't it.

I've played through the Calamity mod a few times. Just finished a Thorium playthrough (well, last boss remains) and it wasn't super fun. Just seemed sloppy in comparison to Calamity.
It might not be the thirst quencher you're desiring, but its been on my radar.. I personally haven't tried it yet, one day i'm sure.. but its made by Brevik, ex-lead dev on D1 and D2. I want to say its more class focus and dungeon crawl-y compared to terraria.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It might not be the thirst quencher you're desiring, but its been on my radar.. I personally haven't tried it yet, one day i'm sure.. but its made by Brevik, ex-lead dev on D1 and D2. I want to say its more class focus and dungeon crawl-y compared to terraria.

I have 45 hours into that one apparently. Although it was a while ago so not sure if anything's changed.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I never played a game like this before. Definitely one of a kind. Despite its simple graphics that gameplay is amazing. I would love to see a 3d version of the game. I just beat the first boss, the Eye of Cthulhu. It was easier than I thought. Later I accidentally spawned some brain boss in the Crimson biome. I was shattering these hearts, he came out of nowhere and his eyes knocked me into into lava where I died. Then I found this old man who needed help. I started exploring this dungeon and a giant skull 1 shotted me with 400 health.

Can’t wait to finish the rest and then on to hard mode. What’s calamity mod? Is that similar to crimson or corruption?
The Calamity mod is essentially an entirely new game layered on top of Terraria. Adds new items, new classes, new bosses, new music, new biomes.

I'd definitely go through the entire vanilla Terraria experience before trying it.

Crimson/Corruption are just different biomes (you can only have one or the other). There's also "hardmode" which is part of the base Terraria experience, and "unlocks" after you beat a certain boss. It's pretty linear still though, and calling it hardmode is weird as it's really just the continuation of the game.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
My DnD group is going to play Divinity Original Sin II - Definitive Edition.
4 player co-op, Tactical level difficulty.
Damn game is a rabbit hole of builds. I spent over 100 hours solo a few years ago.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My DnD group is going to play Divinity Original Sin II - Definitive Edition.
4 player co-op, Tactical level difficulty.
Damn game is a rabbit hole of builds. I spent over 100 hours solo a few years ago.

You guys gonna role play it up over Discord?

• 1Solidarity

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Finally caved and bought and beat Miles Morales on the PS4. The plan had been to wait and grab the game on PS5 when I got my hands on one, but god only knows when that's actually happening. Good-ass game, even if it's on the short side.

Currently doing a second playthrough of Horizon: Zero Dawn; got the itch after that Forbidden West game demo a few months ago. A lot of cringey voice acting on basically everyone except for the core cast, but the gameplay's great, and I really like the setting. Looking forward to the next one.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I know I'm very late to the party but I only just now discovered the Ori games (on Switch) though I had heard great things about them and I really like Metroidvania games.

I finished Ori and the Blind Forest (Definitive Edition) and fell in love with it, the smooth gameplay, the responsive controls, the fun mechanics, the story, the beautiful music, the amazing visuals, just a top notch game.

Played a couple hours into Ori and the Will of the Wisps, so far it's good too but I'm not sure yet how much I like the emphasis on melee combat this time around, but it has a lot of the charm the first one had already so I can tell I'll have a good time with it too.

• 1Like

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Took me almost half a year to finish AC Valhalla (yeah I'm slow like that) so I picked up the game that I bought on the same day back in december - Cyberpunk 2077. Past the tutorial so far.
Took a detour into Elite Dangerous to finally take my ship back home after three years, found out I haven't explored enough to hit Elite rank, need 200M more exploration credits, I think I might just pick Cyberpunk back up instead.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Currently, playing Rise of the Tomb Raider. I just skipped the first one and decided to play this, to finally get it out of my backlog. I'm enjoying it, but it feels like a slightly worse Uncharted game? I'm probably 70% of the way through the actual Main Story.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Currently, playing Rise of the Tomb Raider. I just skipped the first one and decided to play this, to finally get it out of my backlog. I'm enjoying it, but it feels like a slightly worse Uncharted game? I'm probably 70% of the way through the actual Main Story.

Have you played uncharted recently? I found it dated and tomb raider to be the better game. Personal tastes though.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
I found it to be just OK. The last one mostly sucked and was really short.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Tails of Iron. I don't do a lot of these "like Dark Souls but it's side scrolling" games but this one has been good so far. Obvious Redwall vibes here. It's punishing, but not terribly so.

Might do a thread later on it.

Di3H@rdM@n57

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really just replaying a lot of things (The last of us 1, Red dead 2, THPS1+2) waiting for FC6 and Alan Wake remaster also the guardians of the galaxy game

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Decided to download and play The Secret World (legacy version) for nostalgia - albeit basically single player now on the legacy servers.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
We moved houses recently. I was in the basement unpacking and I unearthed my old 3DS. I hadn't touched it in years. Switched it on and ended up sitting there for almost 3 hours playing Donkey Kong Country Returns. God damn I love the Donkey Kong games. I'm thinking about firing up the Raspberry Pi and playing through the originals, then re-playing Tropical Freeze.

the 3DS was in the first box, so my wife was pissed I didn't unpack anything.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
We moved houses recently. I was in the basement unpacking and I unearthed my old 3DS. I hadn't touched it in years. Switched it on and ended up sitting there for almost 3 hours playing Donkey Kong Country Returns. God damn I love the Donkey Kong games. I'm thinking about firing up the Raspberry Pi and playing through the originals, then re-playing Tropical Freeze.

the 3DS was in the first box, so my wife was pissed I didn't unpack anything.
My son and I played the originals for a few hours on his switch a couple weeks ago. Game still looks good to me. The overworld map looks like shit but the platforming is solid. Brought back good memories.

• 1Like