What are you playing?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Will be checking out Soulstone Survivors and Rogue: Genesia when they full launch. I love shmups and bullet hell games, but these are still surprisingly enjoyable with how low effort they are to play.

Brotato has become my game of choice when I'm in them virtual meetings since it requires nothing but mouse movement. The class variety is nice and you can win with any weapon so the build variety is good, but it definitely feels a bit too easy to become practically invincible by wave ~15 or so. I've not unlocked 5 level difficulty on most of the classes, but the few I have it's still not that bad.

Fav win run so far has been using pacifist. Just slows and knockbacks while tanking/dodging full screen swarm. =O

Untitled.png

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
It has a short knock back, shoots really fast and I had a passive item that tacks a slow onto things that get hit by like 30% I believe.

Synergistic choice ;]

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i prefer 6 hand for the double set bonuses on pacifist, although I guess you don't really have to optimize on lower difficulties.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I couldn't stand the pacifist. My most broken classes are masochist and saver. Even on difficulty 6 by the end they're one shotting everything while practically invincible if built right

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finished Quake. Now finishing up GTA5, gonna try out Red Dead Redemption 2 next. I didn't play any other RDR games and don't want to go back to PS3 any more than I have to. Wasn't interested in RDR2 at all for a long time but lately I've been remembering how much I loved the Wild West as a kid and kinda want to play a game set there. Hopefully I like it as much as most people seem to.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Been addicited to Isle of Arrows lately. A solo tower defense card game.

1665265127621.png

1665265115612.jpeg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I couldn't stand the pacifist. My most broken classes are masochist and saver. Even on difficulty 6 by the end they're one shotting everything while practically invincible if built right
masochist is great and holy shit if you get your hands on blood donation. also they apparently have a fix on the beta branch for the problem with blood donation failing to tick if you have invincibility frames up.

• 1Solidarity

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Finished Quake. Now finishing up GTA5, gonna try out Red Dead Redemption 2 next. I didn't play any other RDR games and don't want to go back to PS3 any more than I have to. Wasn't interested in RDR2 at all for a long time but lately I've been remembering how much I loved the Wild West as a kid and kinda want to play a game set there. Hopefully I like it as much as most people seem to.

RDR2 is one of the best SP games I've ever played. The graphics, environment, music, etc. I got totally immersed. Note it is early 1900's America so not really wild west (but that's part of the story, the death of the old west and it's ruffians).

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
The big thing with RDR2 is that the game is essentially built around the assumption that the player is going to engage in at least some light RPing while playing it. Camping at night, eating food semi-regularly, walking through town saying 'howdy' to the townspeople, and so on. Whether or not people like the game seems to be largely contingent on whether they enjoy doing the RP stuff, or if they get pissed off at having stupid fluff shit get in the way of getting into shootouts.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Trapped in Randomonia>
The big thing with RDR2 is that the game is essentially built around the assumption that the player is going to engage in at least some light RPing while playing it. Camping at night, eating food semi-regularly, walking through town saying 'howdy' to the townspeople, and so on. Whether or not people like the game seems to be largely contingent on whether they enjoy doing the RP stuff, or if they get pissed off at having stupid fluff shit get in the way of getting into shootouts.
Keep in mind too that it tells a whole story , so when you think it's over.......it's not over. Enjoy, I wish I could wipe my memory and play it again with fresh eyes.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I couldn’t make it past the first couple hours of RDR2. Not sure if it was exactly what you described above or not, or it was a combination of that and for some reason the sheer overwhelm I felt for some reason and couldn’t figure out what to do next.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I couldn’t make it past the first couple hours of RDR2. Not sure if it was exactly what you described above or not, or it was a combination of that and for some reason the sheer overwhelm I felt for some reason and couldn’t figure out what to do next.

My biggest peeve with gaming is when I don't know what to do next and the game doesn't make it clear.

When I was younger it was fine, I liked the exploration and all that. Now I want games to at least give me an idea of where to go next and I get really resentful of having my time wasted.

Though ideally I like open world games where you can't waste time. Like Fallout 3 and Elden Ring, both of which you could literally just run in any direction and find things to do that moved the game along.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
RDR2 is always clear what to do - story missions always marked on the map. There are a bunch of bonus activities and straight exploration too, though.

I wish they had incorporated the Southwest/Mexico in the SP, that area is huge.

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Been playing Haak, an indie Metroidvania on Switch (and other platforms). Very quick gameplay and satisfying combat with deflection and dash attacks, nothing too deep but moving around feels a lot like Ori except you're in a post-apocalyptic wasteland and explore ruins of civilization. The localization is a bit weird, you can tell this was made by chinese-speaking devs, but it's mostly weird early in the game then it gets better. Story is pretty interesting and there's a lot of nooks and crannies to find and a lot of worldbuilding and backstory in stuff you find so that's pretty cool.

If you've tried the game on Switch and quit because it kept crashing when entering zones from the world map (a common bug), you'll be happy to know this was patched today, so now the game is pretty solid.

I'm nearing the end of it and have played probably about 10 hours, most zones at 100%, so I doubt it'll take more than 15 hours, but that's pretty decent for that kind of game.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Been playing Haak, an indie Metroidvania on Switch (and other platforms). Very quick gameplay and satisfying combat with deflection and dash attacks, nothing too deep but moving around feels a lot like Ori except you're in a post-apocalyptic wasteland and explore ruins of civilization. The localization is a bit weird, you can tell this was made by chinese-speaking devs, but it's mostly weird early in the game then it gets better. Story is pretty interesting and there's a lot of nooks and crannies to find and a lot of worldbuilding and backstory in stuff you find so that's pretty cool.

If you've tried the game on Switch and quit because it kept crashing when entering zones from the world map (a common bug), you'll be happy to know this was patched today, so now the game is pretty solid.

I'm nearing the end of it and have played probably about 10 hours, most zones at 100%, so I doubt it'll take more than 15 hours, but that's pretty decent for that kind of game.

There sure are a ton of indie Metroidvanias nowayears. I still have to play both Ori games AND Hollow Knight. Hard to believe I haven't yet, Super Metroid and Castlevania SOTN were two of my tip-top games growing up so you'd think I'd be gobbling all these up. At least I played Shovel Knight.

Finished GTA5, now playing Mortal Shell which is basically Dark Souls made by a non-From dev. Has a couple of new mechanics to differentiate itself, and seems way more basic, but otherwise similar.

Next is Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and probably RDR2. I sure am clearing a lot of backlog this past month, almost like the Backlog Challenges of olde. Playing too much as a matter of fact, need to get out more. I really like watching my "unfinished" shelf shrinking though, especially when some of this stuff was on there for years.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
There sure are a ton of indie Metroidvanias nowayears. I still have to play both Ori games AND Hollow Knight. Hard to believe I haven't yet, Super Metroid and Castlevania SOTN were two of my tip-top games growing up so you'd think I'd be gobbling all these up. At least I played Shovel Knight.

Yeah there's a lot of them, I guess mostly because they don't necessarily require high quality graphics, it's mostly about level design and layout so that allows for more indie companies.

Definitely highly recommend both Ori games and Hollow Knight, maybe Hollow Knight first so you can rinse the doom and gloom off your palate with the colorful Ori games.

Haak is actually very reminiscent of Hollow Knight combat-wise, but the movement feels more like Ori, so if you're interested in it you can probably play that one down the road.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Finished GTA5, now playing Mortal Shell which is basically Dark Souls made by a non-From dev. Has a couple of new mechanics to differentiate itself, and seems way more basic, but otherwise similar.

Next is Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and probably RDR2. I sure am clearing a lot of backlog this past month, almost like the Backlog Challenges of olde. Playing too much as a matter of fact, need to get out more. I really like watching my "unfinished" shelf shrinking though, especially when some of this stuff was on there for years.
Bloodstained one of my favorite games. I really liked all the skills you could mess with.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ori and the Will of the Wisps is $10 on the Nintendo eShop. As much as I like physical games I think I'll finally pick this one up.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

If you have a Series X RDR1 runs very well on it in 4k now.