What are you playing?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
the multiplayer survival games are typically the go to for that. conan, v rising, ark, etc.
7 Days to Die is my go to for that. Especially with some of the bigger mods like Darkness Falls or Undead Legacy.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So far believe it or not, but loud was the easiest.
"Spawns more enemies" is a bonus rather than a penalty in most of these games because killing all the extra enemies gives you more xp and money to make killing all the extra enemies easier.

Managed to do this in Rogue Genesia earlier lol.

silphlol.png

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I figured it'd be worse in brotato since you have a limited map to work with where as most of the other horde games have an infinite map to utilize. Another strong class I underestimated was Generalist. Get a couple items that give both melee/range damage and his dps goes through the roof. I had SMG's with 50+ damage.

Was that evolution in the beta or the regular version?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Playing Bloodstained. Really good game, sort of Symphony of the Night 2.0. The heroine is hot as fuck and a joy to play as. Also has a lot of game modes and extra additions (like the creator of Castlevania as a secret uberboss). Reminds me of Shovel Knight in that regard, like it's a labor of love and the devs kept adding more to it just because they could.

Only downsides are that it's not very long and it's easy to get lost on the first time through, especially in the early parts where you lack items to progress yet have access to a ton of the map. Once you start getting items and can actually get into more paths, being lost becomes fun since you find new stuff. 8 hours on the clock so far and I think I spent about a third of that lost, though. About halfway through so I'll probably have it wrapped up by 14 which will be too soon for something this fun. I could probably go for 100% on the map like in SOTN, about 30% now.

Very impressed, good to be knocking off another of the great recent Metroidvanias that I missed.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was that evolution in the beta or the regular version?
In the beta. In addition to the extra xp farming time a 3 act world gives you, there are a bunch of challenge modes you can complete to gain access to extra meta progression options and a few of them wildly increase the effectiveness of tainted powers.

Speaking of Rogue Genesia, Hatorade Hatorade Hateyou Hateyou and anyone else who wishlisted the game, it's getting a price bump from 2.99 to 4.99 with the next update in a couple weeks so if you wanna save that precious two bucks, you have a limited time window.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
In the beta. In addition to the extra xp farming time a 3 act world gives you, there are a bunch of challenge modes you can complete to gain access to extra meta progression options and a few of them wildly increase the effectiveness of tainted powers.

Speaking of Rogue Genesia, Hatorade Hatorade Hateyou Hateyou and anyone else who wishlisted the game, it's getting a price bump from 2.99 to 4.99 with the next update in a couple weeks so if you wanna save that precious two bucks, you have a limited time window.
I actually got a nice combo of gold per kill, 50% less shop cost, etc. and was able to refresh the shop a couple of times on the last anvil and got Void Wisp to 9. Most stuff never even made it on the screen even before that point.

I am still trying to get the red Thorn Explosion (might not be called that, but you know the one) card to come up in game. I've unlocked it, but can never get it to show up. Saw a video of it in action though, got damn!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually got a nice combo of gold per kill, 50% less shop cost, etc. and was able to refresh the shop a couple of times on the last anvil and got Void Wisp to 9. Most stuff never even made it on the screen even before that point.
Void wisp lags like fuuuuuuuuck in the beta. I'm never taking it again.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Void wisp lags like fuuuuuuuuck in the beta. I'm never taking it again.
Did it lag for you in the EA? I've never had a problem with it, or anything in the game really, but I'm not in the beta. The only thing I can really imagine lagging is the Thorn Explosion thingie, but obviously I don't know because it fucking eludes me still!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did it lag for you in the EA? I've never had a problem with it, or anything in the game really, but I'm not in the beta. The only thing I can really imagine lagging is the Thorn Explosion thingie, but obviously I don't know because it fucking eludes me still!
You can get your stats much higher in the beta, between attack speed, projectile speed, projectile count, fractals at the end, it makes my reasonably new machine just start chugging and the game plays at 1/10th speed

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

SGnG PB 26 oct 2022.jpg

Not quite there yet, but getting there! I think I only had one costly death on the stage 3 boss on Loop 2 and got stuck 15 min at the end because if you don't kill the two demon kings with the special weapon on your first try you're in a world of hurt :D

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You can get your stats much higher in the beta, between attack speed, projectile speed, projectile count, fractals at the end, it makes my reasonably new machine just start chugging and the game plays at 1/10th speed
Ok, so I joined the beta. Just for you, on my very first run I took Void Wisp AND Silph Blade to really maximize the lag potential.

Am I supposed to know wtf is going on in situations like this?? It did lag to where it was taking at least 2 seconds to count down every 1.
RG Crazy.jpg

I did win the run of course, as I also had a ton of other shit. It is crazy what you can do with the over the limit relic.
Silph9.jpg

I got that relic pretty early so I had a TON of shit over the limit by the end. I just sat in the center for the entire third world. Including the bosses.
20221026221618_1.jpg

20221026221612_1.jpg

I feel like it is way too easy with longer runs, but I would imagine that's what Corruption is for? I don't actually know what it does, as I haven't gone and looked, but I assume that makes runs harder (and more rewarding)?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ok, so I joined the beta. Just for you, on my very first run I took Void Wisp AND Silph Blade to really maximize the lag potential.

Am I supposed to know wtf is going on in situations like this?? It did lag to where it was taking at least 2 seconds to count down every 1.
View attachment 439982

I did win the run of course, as I also had a ton of other shit. It is crazy what you can do with the over the limit relic.
View attachment 439983
I got that relic pretty early so I had a TON of shit over the limit by the end. I just sat in the center for the entire third world. Including the bosses.
View attachment 439985
View attachment 439986

I feel like it is way too easy with longer runs, but I would imagine that's what Corruption is for? I don't actually know what it does, as I haven't gone and looked, but I assume that makes runs harder (and more rewarding)?
YEah as it stands now the game is a cakewalk with full meta progression + access to blacksmiths. The challenge runs have blacksmiths turned off on top of whatever other restrictions they have, but they unlock even more meta progression.

Corrupted core is pretty baller. All % bonuses are multiplicative, so if you have all the xp metas, both xp relics, and all three xp abilities limit broken (student, bookworm, void spirit) your xp bonus should be just shy of 4000%. Getting a weapon to level 9 without a blacksmith requires a tremendous amount of luck though.

Caliane

I'm giving Skyrim another shot.

I bought it on original release. put in a decent amount of time, but never finished the main story. and I'd guess only explored like 45% of the world. Honestly, because its just so damn big.
I never bought any of the rereleases. full prize for SE? fu. Didn't get the dlc either.

Decided it was time to jump back in. I noticed it was on Gamepass though. Gamepass version has all the dlc. SE, and Anniversary.
so getting all that for free now.

This game is so damn good. its easy to forget how good it was. Its far more packed with content then even Fallout 4. Constantly coming across events, or dungeons, or stories.
Characters walking around with purpose. Following some people reveals quests, or secrets, at times.

Ui still sucks.
open a container. press E to equip, R to store. shift to container side. press E to take, R to take all. Why? why would you do this?

Doing survival. its, eh. Its not fully thought out or implemented sadly.

Caliane

of course, as soon as I post that. like, literally loading the game up while posting... suddenly my saves are busted or something. Every time I try loading a save on that character, crash to desktop.
I can start a NEW game, and load that character, but none of the previous.

no mods at all.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
of course, as soon as I post that. like, literally loading the game up while posting... suddenly my saves are busted or something. Every time I try loading a save on that character, crash to desktop.
I can start a NEW game, and load that character, but none of the previous.

no mods at all.
Its probably for the best. I can run through the main story blindfolded and I havent touched Skyrim since the second DLC release. But the side quests, it would take me a minute to remember. I played tf out of Skyrim and finished the entire game. Just dont cheat in the game and you'll lose track of time in a heartbeat.

Caliane

Idk, I was level 30... pretty far along. if I can't figure this out, might be done with it again. a real shame. especially If I have no guarantee it won't happen again. Its not even like I was relying on quick save or autosaves, or overwriting previous saves. no. I have like 40 independent saves, and none of them work. every save associated with the character for some reason.

Edit: got it working. copied saves. tried verifying files. no luck. uninstalled/reinstall. no luck. tried again. deleted save directory. checked appdata/etc looked clean.
copy pasted 2 save files back into the new clean folder. worked. dont know why..

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 439946

Not quite there yet, but getting there! I think I only had one costly death on the stage 3 boss on Loop 2 and got stuck 15 min at the end because if you don't kill the two demon kings with the special weapon on your first try you're in a world of hurt :D

How does this work? Is it a program that runs alongside the game, or is it Twitch with a regular capture box or what?

Are you playing on OG hardware or SNES Classic or emulator?

Also how does the game know when you've passed one of the milestones on the list? Do you have to remember to hit a button to "advance" it every time you finish an area?

I want to try something like this at some point with Super Metroid, or something else that I'm good at from the era. Maybe LTTP.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Idk, I was level 30... pretty far along. if I can't figure this out, might be done with it again. a real shame. especially If I have no guarantee it won't happen again. Its not even like I was relying on quick save or autosaves, or overwriting previous saves. no. I have like 40 independent saves, and none of them work. every save associated with the character for some reason.

Edit: got it working. copied saves. tried verifying files. no luck. uninstalled/reinstall. no luck. tried again. deleted save directory. checked appdata/etc looked clean.
copy pasted 2 save files back into the new clean folder. worked. dont know why..

You playing the Elder Scrolls collector's edition box set on PC?

I haven't played any of the ES games on console, but I played the first two in that box set. Daggerfall was such a complete mess of bugs that I ended up uninstalling it and downloading a shareware ROM online instead, which worked fine.

Never went past that, wanted to, but it was clear the collector's set wasn't particularly optimized.

Morrowind and Oblivion, from the same set, have been on my to-play list since like 2015 now. Both have some HD graphics mods now so that'll help. Thinking I'll wait until Skyrim has a PS5 port or something, but maybe I'll do that on PC if there isn't one yet by then. And "by then" might mean like 2027.

Caliane

You playing the Elder Scrolls collector's edition box set on PC?

I haven't played any of the ES games on console, but I played the first two in that box set. Daggerfall was such a complete mess of bugs that I ended up uninstalling it and downloading a shareware ROM online instead, which worked fine.

Never went past that, wanted to, but it was clear the collector's set wasn't particularly optimized.

Morrowind and Oblivion, from the same set, have been on my to-play list since like 2015 now. Both have some HD graphics mods now so that'll help. Thinking I'll wait until Skyrim has a PS5 port or something, but maybe I'll do that on PC if there isn't one yet by then. And "by then" might mean like 2027.
nah. Via gamepass. Special edition+anniversary edition, and all dlc.

I've never actauly played oblivion, morrowind, or daggerfall believe it or not. I'm not really sure how I missed them all. I know alot of people insist morrowind is better still.
for daggerfall, yeah, ,theres a few youtube videos for installing it, and running it correctly in modern day, and which patches to use.