What are you playing?

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Ori and the Will of the Wisps is $10 on the Nintendo eShop. As much as I like physical games I think I'll finally pick this one up.

It's definitely worth it, however keep in mind there's also a physical bundle for Ori 1 + 2 on Switch, so that may end up being cheaper depending on your local Amazon prices.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So just popped back into Chorus. I played initially for a brief period and then something else came out. I am having a blast now with this and hooked. Will give me something to do until GoW Rag comes out. All in all the side missions are kind of addicting as well as the itemization system and abilities and such. Shooting in performance mode is epic on series X and game is gorgeous. Filling that space itch.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
In the ongoing backlog battle, my continuingly-evolving "what to play next" list:

Recently finished - GTA5, Quake, Cuphead, Resident Evil 1 and 2

Right now - Carrion, Romancing Saga 2, World of Warcraft

Next up - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Red Dead Redemption

After that - Castlevania Rondo + SOTN, Red Dead Redemption 2, GTA4, Pokemon Gen 9

All of these are first-time plays (except SOTN/WoW). Getting to play the RDRs for the first time is something I'm not taking for granted.

Is Red Dead Revolver worth plugging in the PS2 for, while I'm at it, or should I just let that one go and do the Redemptions? Short and inexpensive game, so the only risk is finding it too archaic.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In the ongoing backlog battle, my continuingly-evolving "what to play next" list:

After that - Castlevania Rondo + SOTN, Red Dead Redemption 2, GTA4, Pokemon Gen 9

All of these are first-time plays (except SOTN/WoW). Getting to play the RDRs for the first time is something I'm not taking for granted.

Is Red Dead Revolver worth plugging in the PS2 for, while I'm at it, or should I just let that one go and do the Redemptions? Short and inexpensive game, so the only risk is finding it too archaic.
PS2 shit is pretty stable in the ISO/ROM world. So playing it isnt even hard to do. Outside of maybe some easter eggs or something, I never saw how it was connected story/lore wise.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
picked up teardown. Not sure what the actual game is like as I just run around with the sledehammer knocking holes in shit. It's very entertaining! I've been doing it so much the last 2 nights my hands hurt at the end.

Szlia

Sorta dabbling in some Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts speedrunning.

The idea for now is to beat it once a day and do some save state practice and see if I can get it to something like sub 50 min. Sub 40 is serious business and top times around sub 33 require a level of skill, practice and dedication I probably don't have.

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Been playing Blasphemous, which I had somehow completely missed.

Very hardcore metroidvania with some souls-like mechanics and difficulty. Extremely bleak story centered around extremist spanish catholicism. Pixel-art backgrounds and characters are gorgeous, and the music, also inspired by spanish culture, is awesome.

I highly recommend it but keep in mind it's hard as fuck especially early on, but even late game there's still some stuff that can two-shot you if you're not being careful (and the many one-shot spike pits).

I finished my first playthrough 100% (with some guides because the game has some really obscure secrets but it's great to explore around, I generally look at guides once I've exhausted everything I could think of).
Started on NG+ which has some exclusive content not available in your first playthrough so that's pretty cool too.

If you're interested, there's been 3 free DLCs since the original 2019 release, which add a lot of content to the game, some fixes, and some QoL stuff. I got the whole package in physical version for 25 bucks so definitely worth that price. And a sequel comes out next year if you enjoyed this one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Been playing Blasphemous, which I had somehow completely missed.

Very hardcore metroidvania with some souls-like mechanics and difficulty. Extremely bleak story centered around extremist spanish catholicism. Pixel-art backgrounds and characters are gorgeous, and the music, also inspired by spanish culture, is awesome.

I highly recommend it but keep in mind it's hard as fuck especially early on, but even late game there's still some stuff that can two-shot you if you're not being careful (and the many one-shot spike pits).

I finished my first playthrough 100% (with some guides because the game has some really obscure secrets but it's great to explore around, I generally look at guides once I've exhausted everything I could think of).
Started on NG+ which has some exclusive content not available in your first playthrough so that's pretty cool too.

If you're interested, there's been 3 free DLCs since the original 2019 release, which add a lot of content to the game, some fixes, and some QoL stuff. I got the whole package in physical version for 25 bucks so definitely worth that price. And a sequel comes out next year if you enjoyed this one.

Its free on PS if you have the PS + Extra subscription, or maybe Premium.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Sorta dabbling in some Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts speedrunning.

The idea for now is to beat it once a day and do some save state practice and see if I can get it to something like sub 50 min. Sub 40 is serious business and top times around sub 33 require a level of skill, practice and dedication I probably don't have.

The only speedrunning I do is Super Metroid. Probably the only thing I'm good at enough for that. My best time is something like 1:15, with the WR being :43 or so I think. I run it about once a year. It's a little tougher now because I get input lag sometimes with emulation. Like PSClassic emulation has tons of input lag which messes up wall jumps. Wii emulation is a little better. Wii Virtual Console might be good, need to try that. Or the SNES Classic. So yeah I kinda stopped doing SM speed runs regularly because it's imperfect on most of the formats I can play it on.

Back in the day on a CRT/SNES it handled pitch-perfectly. I would think that SNES Classic would be the best way to play it now, but I don't know, never got one.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Had a friend recommend Brotato and it does not disappoint so I'm here to spread the gospel but it looks like I'm late to the party.

1666135008166.png

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Had a friend recommend Brotato and it does not disappoint so I'm here to spread the gospel but it looks like I'm late to the party.

View attachment 438767

Still having fun trying to beat this with all classes on danger 5. So far believe it or not, but loud was the easiest. Look at this nonsense: Damge 150% Attack speed 200%. Final bosses melted.

1666309865399.png

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Anyone have a good recommendation for a game to play with the wife. Looking for something perpetual to play a long time that both lends itself to the non-pro/hardcore gamer type but also has some avenues for me to truly min/max and be hyper competitive. LONGGG term will settle into Ashes of Creation as i think there will be ample oppurtunity to meet our needs especially if they support twinking to some degree!

But for next 1-2 years in a rut and struggling to find something to have her try. She isn't a gamer per say but definitely enjoys the right game and being able to do something together. Games i've played with her that she liked were FFXIV (i just couldn't as its so scripted and on rails it makes baby jesus cry despite it being a pretty amazing experience). We do off and on cycles with Smite which to be honest for a non gamer she actually does pretty solid on and enjoys even if she doesn't fully understand aspects of the macro game.

Even had abit of fun doing coop CIV 6 games but i take too long on my turns and she gets abit impatient haha.

WOW was a pretty big hit and miss as you just can't avoid the level of fucktarded idiots in that game no matter where you hide and really ruined it (we are 38 & 40 so not overally tolerant of the younger shit head generation that plagues most games these days).

Going to have her try Last Epoch with me which is been the game i've been holding out for over a year for once multiplayer hits but she definitely isn't into the min/max build aspect of games so will see how well me doing all her loot and builds works out.

Last one i mention is Epic 7, if you haven't played was by far the best mobile game experience of my life and such an amazing game. Something we did together for 2-4 hours at least daily and had her with me in one of the top guilds world wide doing guild wars etc and she actually held her own and learned the finer game mechanics aspect etc. Was cutesy enough for her to enjoy and plenty of min/max and RTA etc that really was awesome. However....if you are a super competitive person such as myself gacha games are just not a great idea and especially not for a couple haha. Feeling bad I 1st pull a top pull then suprising her when she slept and spending 500 dollars to get her it because she thought they were going to be SUPER GOOD!.

Shit adds up quick, i make an extremely comfortable living but still had to really take a hard look if it was worth the money knowing FTP wasn't something we wanted/could do and decided to quit. If there was a game like that on a sub base and no gacha i'd pay $50 a month each no problem for the value we got from it but uncapped spending is dangerous!

So ya....any ideas feel free to throw them out. No gacha's with pure RNG spends, something more fantasty based with long term (year+) life etc.

Caliane

the multiplayer survival games are typically the go to for that. conan, v rising, ark, etc.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Anyone have a good recommendation for a game to play with the wife. Looking for something perpetual to play a long time that both lends itself to the non-pro/hardcore gamer type but also has some avenues for me to truly min/max and be hyper competitive. LONGGG term will settle into Ashes of Creation as i think there will be ample oppurtunity to meet our needs especially if they support twinking to some degree!

But for next 1-2 years in a rut and struggling to find something to have her try. She isn't a gamer per say but definitely enjoys the right game and being able to do something together. Games i've played with her that she liked were FFXIV (i just couldn't as its so scripted and on rails it makes baby jesus cry despite it being a pretty amazing experience). We do off and on cycles with Smite which to be honest for a non gamer she actually does pretty solid on and enjoys even if she doesn't fully understand aspects of the macro game.

Even had abit of fun doing coop CIV 6 games but i take too long on my turns and she gets abit impatient haha.

WOW was a pretty big hit and miss as you just can't avoid the level of fucktarded idiots in that game no matter where you hide and really ruined it (we are 38 & 40 so not overally tolerant of the younger shit head generation that plagues most games these days).

Going to have her try Last Epoch with me which is been the game i've been holding out for over a year for once multiplayer hits but she definitely isn't into the min/max build aspect of games so will see how well me doing all her loot and builds works out.

Last one i mention is Epic 7, if you haven't played was by far the best mobile game experience of my life and such an amazing game. Something we did together for 2-4 hours at least daily and had her with me in one of the top guilds world wide doing guild wars etc and she actually held her own and learned the finer game mechanics aspect etc. Was cutesy enough for her to enjoy and plenty of min/max and RTA etc that really was awesome. However....if you are a super competitive person such as myself gacha games are just not a great idea and especially not for a couple haha. Feeling bad I 1st pull a top pull then suprising her when she slept and spending 500 dollars to get her it because she thought they were going to be SUPER GOOD!.

Shit adds up quick, i make an extremely comfortable living but still had to really take a hard look if it was worth the money knowing FTP wasn't something we wanted/could do and decided to quit. If there was a game like that on a sub base and no gacha i'd pay $50 a month each no problem for the value we got from it but uncapped spending is dangerous!

So ya....any ideas feel free to throw them out. No gacha's with pure RNG spends, something more fantasty based with long term (year+) life etc.

StarDew Valley is multiplayer now, I believe. Farming, Dungeon Crawling, Economics Sim.

elidib

Vyemm Raider

Lost Ark

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

I don't see Sekiro in here

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Started the Uncharted PC game 2 days ago , really fun so far. Beautiful too! Had 1 hard crash but that was it. Getting 90-144fps in game 4k everything turned on max with DLSS Quality.

Having to use a game pad cuz, back so cannot say how kb+m works.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I don't see Sekiro in here

I've got plans for Sekiro, "put aside an entire 1-2 weeks and focus entirely on it" type plans. Unfortunately they gotta wait until the new year, most likely. From what I've played I think it has a good chance of becoming my favorite Fromsoft game which is crazy.

• 2Solidarity