What are you playing?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Been playing Skyrim on PS5, I only got about halfway through it when it came out before getting distracted. Going to do a full platinum, then maybe try a survival game with some mods. Any suggestions on mods, keeping in mind I'm playing on PS5? I did some cursory research and it looked like there's an Unofficial patch mod, and then other stuff that seemed useful was encounter zones/level mods that fix the global scaling, which I've always despised.

Bummer I can't use mods for the trophy run.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I have started Skyrim a couple of times and I always end up getting bored and stopping near the beginning, basically right after the werewolf storyline. This is probably heresy.

Every now and then I think about starting it up and trying a different playstyle to see if it clicks. Don't think I want to go through that damn werewolf story again though.

Similarly, I got bogged down with my XCOM TLW game. It honestly gets a little retarded and tedious.

Picked up a copy of AoE4 and playing it with some friends. It is okay. Also thinking about picking up X4 now that it is on sale.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been playing the shit out of Tactics Ogre Reborn. Its an even better revamp than the PSP version was.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Been playing the shit out of Tactics Ogre Reborn. Its an even better revamp than the PSP version was.
Same here, they did a great port. I actually like the level cap, which I thought I would hate. It made me rethink my group makeup and craft some gear on some of the tougher fights. Can’t just grind and out level it now. Just beat the main story today. The final fights were rough but fun, barely got the win on the last fight.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I have started Skyrim a couple of times and I always end up getting bored and stopping near the beginning, basically right after the werewolf storyline. This is probably heresy.

Every now and then I think about starting it up and trying a different playstyle to see if it clicks. Don't think I want to go through that damn werewolf story again though.

Similarly, I got bogged down with my XCOM TLW game. It honestly gets a little retarded and tedious.

Picked up a copy of AoE4 and playing it with some friends. It is okay. Also thinking about picking up X4 now that it is on sale.

I hear Skyrim is the most fun with an Archery build?

Questionmark because I have never gotten to Skyrim.

Also taking any build suggestions for Morrowind, the next one I'm playing.

I fired up a new game of Bloodborne last night and played for about an hour, until I took my first death (got murdered by Father G). Man, it's still the best game of the 2010's.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I fired up a new game of Bloodborne last night and played for about an hour, until I took my first death (got murdered by Father G). Man, it's still the best game of the 2010's.
I wouldnt say "most fun" - more like, easiest to kill shit without gaming enchants like a degenerate.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
sure. 34209834302835% increased enchanting, for +3212214543 unarmed damage.

I'm sorry, let me clarify.

There is another playstyle in any game other than sneaky sniper? It is the only build I've ever played in Skyrim....I mean Oblivion....I mean Deus Ex. Just kidding, I mean every single game with a sneaking skill and a sniper weapon.

Caliane

basically, yes.

Stealth archer is the strongest, and most versatile without blatant exploits for the most part. Melee combat is kindof shit. the play control of it. stealth archer you can actually walk around and pick shots, lead targets, and play with some skill. and of course add in the sneak attack damage for some solid numbers, without cheating.

Magic might be second. its largely shit. most spells suck balls. mana regen sucks. Magic doesn't scale damage like phys attacks. magic skill reduces mana cost.
"Impact" in destruction perks makes magic viable. stagger on spell hit with double casting. lets you just chain spells, interrupting the target. so low damage per hit is irrelevant.
you can hit -100% mana cost without enchanting exploits. but is also easier with.
conjuration is ok. but the pets are just distractions and bonus damage mostly. can't really rely on them exclusively. get in the way in doorways..

stealth dagger is also pretty viable.

Caliane

I'm sorry, let me clarify.

There is another playstyle in any game other than sneaky sniper? It is the only build I've ever played in Skyrim....I mean Oblivion....I mean Deus Ex. Just kidding, I mean every single game with a sneaking skill and a sniper weapon.
well for that joke. idk, stunlocking, or aoe abuse has its place in alot of games. starsector. sure you can stealth archer with a Doom. and lots of people do. Give me a total space fortress 14th BG Legion though.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Played through Black Mesa, essentially HL1 in the Source engine.

Overall it was alright, faithful recreation of HL. The Xen chapter was every bit annoying as HL1's though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fortnite mostly zero build and Little Nightmares which is a neat little platformer/puzzle game. Also casually playing WoW lich king classic.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
IXION out today, looking forward to digging into this in a little bit.

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I finished up the original Paper Mario for the N64 finally. Decent game but really gets on your nerves with the action command stuff. Blocking and attacking that requires extra button presses gets a bit tedious over time, especially when deal with trash groups who barely give experience and have special requirements.

I was thinking of moving on to the sequel, but I'll probably wait on that now.

• 1Like

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Been playing Skyrim on PS5, I only got about halfway through it when it came out before getting distracted. Going to do a full platinum, then maybe try a survival game with some mods. Any suggestions on mods, keeping in mind I'm playing on PS5? I did some cursory research and it looked like there's an Unofficial patch mod, and then other stuff that seemed useful was encounter zones/level mods that fix the global scaling, which I've always despised.

Bummer I can't use mods for the trophy run.
Late reply but this may be useful. I mod on PC but the popular mods should be available on PS5. Ignore the part about downgrading and using Mod Organizer 2.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not really playing anything lately. Maybe the odd Mega Man Legacy Collection challenge if I need something to do. I platted both X collections long ago, but I gotta say, the two Classic collections have me stumped with their much higher difficulties. The challenges just send you to a boss room or a particular level and say "do this". The roughest are things like defeating Wily in Mega Man 7 without any Energy Tanks, or defeating all 8 bosses in each game using only the buster (and no E-Tanks). Oh yeah, and you have to do all of it within certain time constraints for gold medals. It's brutal. Especially the MM1-6 Legacy Collection, where you need gold medals in 50 out of 54 challenges (meaning you can only skip four). The MM7-10 LC has 78 challenges so there are way more you can skip. I chip away at it every so often but it seems like I'll never actually finish with it short of doing some research and watching Youtube videos for optimal strategies and stuff. Every couple weeks I might try another challenge and chip at it until I get a gold. Only like...70 to go.

Anyway, after the New Year I'll actually play something for real. Was leaning Death Stranding, now leaning Crisis Core. I also have this sudden overpowering interest in playing what I missed of Armored Core (everything except 1), King's Field (all four), and Front Mission (2/3/4/maybe 5 if I can emulate the translated ROM). The AC games are all pretty short, but there are more of them. FM I might just hold off on since they seem to be pumping out remakes of the series now. Good chance I'll try the early Fromsoft games after I finish Crisis Core. Not sure if I'm just doing the 10 hour CC campaign or the 50 hour 100%ing it, we'll see.

So in short I'm in one of those "not really playing anything, but trying to plan something fun to do" spells.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I'm getting harder and harder to please when it comes to singe player games :( I didn't even buy a consule this gen and have about 30 games on steam I bought this year that just can't hold my attention which is sad as if I get the right itch I will bing play a game until twilight hours all week until I beat it.

That being said I never utilized the switch I got for the family much and bought Fire Emblem Three Houses which has got me pretty hooked. Never even been a huge FE fan across the years but its doing it for me. Of all my games in steam going unused...my next play probably is going to be a cheap indie that some how captured that old school feeling that made me play it non stop until I beat it the first time. Symphany of War was title, 100% evident it was a tiny team but just something done right.

Just bidding my time until Last Epoch hits MP and hopefully that will be a full time focus for quiet some time for me. Also in Alpha 2 for Ashes of Creation which hopefully is out this year so between those two I can stop wasting time on single player games. Also play Smite with my wife a few days a week that we both enjoy.

If I could redo the last 21 years of my gaming life I honestly can say I wish I would have just stuck with everquest live server since release (other then a break for when Vanguard was out!). I would have saved literally what 100k easy that I've spent on various video games/systems/gacha's etc and probably had more fun as I enjoy games that have that long term sense of purpose and progression.

Epic 7 mobile was also the best/worst thing ever...me and wife played the shit out of it and literally could have done that for 5-10 years as my only gaming and been happy but just spent too much cash chasing stuff especially when I'd 1st pull it on my account and then drop 500 dollars for my wife's account because I felt bad she didn't get the OP hero. Adds up quick and while I make an extremely comfortable living it still was probably for the best to pull the plug. I'd pay 50 dollars a month no questions asked for a game like Epic 7 on a sub that was basically same game with some other methods to try and get the hero's that made it so not everyone had every single one etc and no gacha schemes.

• 1Mother of God