What are you playing?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
After rewatching some SW stuff recently Im thinking of firing up some SWTOR again, take some class through the ringer again.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Anyone playing the new Rogue Genesia update and know what the little green boogers that drop out of crates are?

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Picked up Sifu on Switch.

So far it feels very immersive because I'm doing about as good as I really would be doing if I ran into some chinese slums in real life and started trying to kung fu people. Game even gives me the option to live in the body of a 75 year old, so immersive!

All jokes aside, I'm only starting it but so far it's pretty cool and I like the art style. I can tell it's going to take a lot of practice to be good at the game, but after only a few sessions I can tell I'm slowly getting better.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Bouncing around during The Vid.

WoW Shadowlands: Reached level 54, basically doing the short tour of the expansion, really not finding it that interesting. I'm giving it til the end of Dec, then quitting for another 5 years most likely.

Ori and the Blind Forest: Really gorgeous-looking game here, a bit let down by the gameplay though. Hasn't grabbed me nearly as much as Bloodstained did last month. Too many insta death spikes and stuff. I was hoping for a Metroid game, instead I got a Super Meat Boy game. Music is great, game has some emotions and feeling too. Liking this, but at the same time I'm kinda looking forward to being done with it quickly so I can move on to the sequel which seems to be an improvement.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Got inspired by the JRPG thread to do a replay of this, or at least a challenge run, and see how far I can get with 5 Geomancers. Whenever I hit a wall, that'll be it. Should be a nice shot of nostalgia.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Vigil:the longest night, is one of the metroidvanias that hits the feel of Bloodstained/igavanias the closet. I enjoyed that one pretty well too.

joz123

Potato del Grande
100 hours later and beat DQ11-S. Still gotta beat the super bosses for the platinum though.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Definitely agree here. It's still a great game, but it calling it 'Reborn' (and, more importantly, charging $50) should have meant using their HD-2D engine like Triangle Strategy.

Yeah, I have been considering that one, as I never played the original. It is so expensive though compared to other competing possibilities. Obviously irrelevant if I like it, but I have too many expensive games with 20 minutes played in the steam library already.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
100 hours later and beat DQ11-S. Still gotta beat the super bosses for the platinum though.

Did you do the 16-bit mode at all?

I've played the game 3x (one normal, one 100% for the platinum, one in 16-bit mode on Switch).

The 16-bit mode is super interesting and I'd say it's on par with the best early games (3/4/5). The visuals resemble DQ6. The lategame fights are very different than in normal mode, because they're old-school turn-based. So you enter all your party's commands at once at the start of a round, rather than one at a time as their turns come up. This makes some fights much harder and some fights much easier. I think the toughest fight I had in the entirety of DQ11 was the second to last uberboss in 16-bit mode. All I remember is that it's two bosses at once, and it's ludicrous even at level 99.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have Tunic in my favorites, was going to pick it up if it ever goes on discount. How was it? What was GOTY worthy about it?

Elden Ring is phenomenal, you might suck.

I'm also eyeing Tactics Ogre: Reborn, but I'm battling my sense of being over the 16bit graphics thing so many games have been doing. You'd think a remake/remaster could bring it up to speed.
If you liked the original OT or FFT it’s worth looking past the graphics. It’s really good. They reworked a lot of mechanics, it has a good story, and the music is top tier.

I was on the fence about the price tag but decided fuck it, I want them to know I want more games like this. I’ll likely pay $50 for a FFT reborn too.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Been playing Satisfactory lately, trying to resist jumping over to Valheim now that I've gotten to / past oil for the first time.

1669237928679.png

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Been playing Satisfactory lately, trying to resist jumping over to Valheim now that I've gotten to / past oil for the first time.

View attachment 444393

Satisfactory seems like a great game but I never really get into it because I'm always solo.

My kid and I just finished a playthrough of XCOM2 on veteran difficulty. Used Parsec to do remote play and each of us would bring 3 soldiers on each mission. It was a blast.

Looking for the next thing to play with the kids over the break. Thinking about Vermintide 2.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Satisfactory seems like a great game but I never really get into it because I'm always solo.

My kid and I just finished a playthrough of XCOM2 on veteran difficulty. Used Parsec to do remote play and each of us would bring 3 soldiers on each mission. It was a blast.

Looking for the next thing to play with the kids over the break. Thinking about Vermintide 2.
If you want something more tactics oriented, the multiplayer on Divinity: Original Sin 2 looked unique. Never did the multi in it, as I don't want to wait around to coordinate with people's schedules, for an RPG, but I remember reading about a bunch of people that liked it.

• 1Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Guild Wars 2....played at launch about 10 years ago and quit.

Game is in a pretty good spot now.

No matter what single player game I get,
I can't seem to stay interested too long.

Played primarily ESO for the past 4 to 5 years and have given it up with all the changes.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Playing WoW for a short time to see new stuff.

Also doing somewhat impromptu playthroughs of FF2 (PS1) and FF Tactics that I started on a modded PS Classic while sitting around with COVID. I can't say I've ever wanted to play FF2 before unless it was part of an overall series playthrough, but it isn't bad at all. FF Origins (the PS1 port of the first two FFs) is super slow-moving though. Gonna finish FF2 and get as far in FFT as I can with 5 Geomancers (probably to Riovanes where all my challenge runs end). These two things plus checking out WoW are probably gonna occupy me to the end of the year.

I was also playing Ori but I paused it for now because I got completely lost. Have to find a water main or something (right before Ginso Tree) and I have no clue what I'm doing or where I'm going and just die constantly. Probably gonna have to start over or watch some Youtube walkthroughs and I just couldn't be arsed with that while I was sick. Maybe I'll try again when I'm feeling better.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I just finished up Golf Story for the Switch. Pretty decent golf RPG game. The mechanics are simple, the dialog is funny, and there's plenty of golf elements. I picked it up on sale a week or so ago for 7 bucks and I kept going back to it.

• 1Like