What are you playing?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can also just walk into a lot of stores and buy them. YMMV of course, but my local Gamestop had several in stock when I was there yesterday (regular and GoW).

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Very nice! Keep us updated, I fucking love Long War. I finished up my most recent replay about 10 months ago.

I'm playing on "Easy" and started in Egypt for the "For the Sake of Glory" bonus, which is faster repairs on mechanical stuff.

I think I am nearing the end of the second month and I have almost enough beam weapons for everyone. I think I am just missing a gunner beam weapon.
I really liked how Long War forced me out of my comfort zone with my best troops. I always save scummed to keep people alive in the base game and Long War broke that habit.

I still find that I do a little scumming just because some of the missions are so crazy. I have definitely had to accept that soldiers are going to be wounded and I'm not going to be able to run favorite group every mission. I think I'm at about 33 non-rookies in month 2.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm playing on "Easy" and started in Egypt for the "For the Sake of Glory" bonus, which is faster repairs on mechanical stuff.

I think I am nearing the end of the second month and I have almost enough beam weapons for everyone. I think I am just missing a gunner beam weapon.

I still find that I do a little scumming just because some of the missions are so crazy. I have definitely had to accept that soldiers are going to be wounded and I'm not going to be able to run favorite group every mission. I think I'm at about 33 non-rookies in month 2.

First couple of months are definitely about promoting as many rookies as possible without compromising missions. Godspeed sir! Good luck with the Mutons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I bought Witcher 3 on special for PS5 for $9

I am 6 hours into it and I hate it. Way too much dialogue. Clunky combat systems and I cannot figure out to properly configure the character's weapons and stock.

I have 5 level up points I cannot do shit with.

Yeah, I'm probably retarded. Going to bail on it. It's no HZD that's for sure. Wasted 6-7 hours and $9.

• 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I bought Witcher 3 on special for PS5 for $9

I am 6 hours into it and I hate it. Way too much dialogue. Clunky combat systems and I cannot figure out to properly configure the character's weapons and stock.

I have 5 level up points I cannot do shit with.

Yeah, I'm probably retarded. Going to bail on it. It's no HZD that's for sure. Wasted 6-7 hours and $9.

I thought I was the only one who didn't get much out of Witcher 3.

I liked Witcher 2 fine, then when I played Witcher 3...I dunno, it never clicked. Think I spent like 15 hours on it before I totally lost interest. Have heard ever since that it's incredible and I should give it another chance, so I will. I like the characters/world a lot.

In other news, sick today so I finished TLOU2. Playing the final act while sick was super fitting. What a grungy, depressing game.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I liked Witcher 2 fine, then when I played Witcher 3...I dunno, it never clicked. Think I spent like 15 hours on it before I totally lost interest. Have heard ever since that it's incredible and I should give it another chance, so I will. I like the characters/world a lot.

In other news, sick today so I finished TLOU2. Playing the final act while sick was super fitting. What a grungy, depressing game.
Think a lot of it has to do with getting to a part of the story that resonates with you. The baron quest line grabbed a lot of peoples attention, or the tower in the middle of the lake etc. But everyones different cause I hate some games some people love, too.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I used to have that opinion of The Witcher also - then I actually played it and realized it's one of the best forms of entertainment ever created.

If you don't "like" The Witcher 3, you're a questionable person.

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
That you can buy them directly from Sony. I didn't even think of looking there. I'd signed up for an invite on Amazon but didn't think about going to Sony.
ah ... not available in Austria :( ... and I have my doubts about the stores here to have one

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I looked into this but it didn't seem at all like a tactical squad combat / military strategy game. Some kinda weird diplomacy shit?
It's grand strategy with ship combat, although it does seem like the focus is largely on diplomacy in the beginning until you tech up and expand into the solar system.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you nerds love Long War so much

Still in EA. I liked Long War and Phoenix Point was decent, so, unless it is just trashed in reviews, I will play this as well, when it's out of EA.

I liked all three of the Witcher games, but I thought the second was the best overall. The combat in 3 was better, but it felt too Grand Theft Auto inspired and many areas had little point or absolutely no affect on the main story. Like the Witcher 3, I enjoyed the main narratives of GTA, but not the GTA side missions. They feel like busy work that a HS substitute teacher makes you do on a sick day.

BunkyChutt

Poet Warrior
Tunic
Triangle Strategy
Nobody Saves The World
God of War: Ragnarok
Horizon Forbidden West

top 5 personal goty

tried Elden ring but it sucks or I suck at it and don’t have it in me to see it through

Tactics Ogres: Reborn is up next

ashde from the single players above I do enjoy splatoon 3 mp. And tlou r mp. On that front I’m wanting more info on horizon factions coming soon, or tlou2 factions whichever comes first

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Tunic
Triangle Strategy
Nobody Saves The World
God of War: Ragnarok
Horizon Forbidden West

top 5 personal goty

tried Elden ring but it sucks or I suck at it and don’t have it in me to see it through

Tactics Ogres: Reborn is up next

ashde from the single players above I do enjoy splatoon 3 mp. And tlou r mp. On that front I’m wanting more info on horizon factions coming soon, or tlou2 factions whichever comes first

I have Tunic in my favorites, was going to pick it up if it ever goes on discount. How was it? What was GOTY worthy about it?

Elden Ring is phenomenal, you might suck.

I'm also eyeing Tactics Ogre: Reborn, but I'm battling my sense of being over the 16bit graphics thing so many games have been doing. You'd think a remake/remaster could bring it up to speed.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm also eyeing Tactics Ogre: Reborn, but I'm battling my sense of being over the 16bit graphics thing so many games have been doing. You'd think a remake/remaster could bring it up to speed.
Definitely agree here. It's still a great game, but it calling it 'Reborn' (and, more importantly, charging $50) should have meant using their HD-2D engine like Triangle Strategy.

BunkyChutt

Poet Warrior
Tunic is available on Xbox Game Pass if you have that.

this it’s where I’m playing it

12 hours and 54 minutes in it’s the best top down game I’ve played in many years. I absolutely love it! As a zelda fnatic I was drawn gm it but it honestly stands on it’s on as so much much. Best Indy title of 2022. Try it out.

• 1WTF