What are you playing?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
New Vegas with my son.
He loves watching me play and it’s great. Looks stunningly beautiful with the special in house remaster it got from Bethesda specifically for Xbox Series X FPS boost (60 /120fps,4k, some textures)
Was wondering what you kept logging on to play.

We were traveling some over the summer and I picked up my PS Vita (hacked) and have been replaying God of War I and some Hot Shots Golf on it - pretty impressed by how the graphics hold up albeit on a small screen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Playing DBZ Kakarot, action/RPG hybrid. Is decent but nothing incredible, basically what it reviewed as. It's almost done and I'm going right into Live a Live.

After that are Uncharted 4 and Xenoblade X. Probably in that order. Though I saw some videos on Mortal Shell and I'm not sure I can resist grabbing that Souls-like game next. UC4 and XBX have been perennial "next game"s for me for a while now because of stuff like this.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This changed my life. I don't know shit about knees tho, no problems there, thank God!
Can't believe I’ve never seen this video, and I've had my fair share of time spent in physical therapy. Definitely going to add that to some of my workouts/self PT stuff.

Slipped a disc horribly a little over a year ago, it was absolutely terrible, worse than ever before. Figured out it was a probably a previous hamstring injury, and my normal hip issues that probably caused it. When I was in college, I did some therapy at this badass facility, and nearly their whole focus was on hip strengthening and postural rehabilitation. It was absolutely insane what they could do in one session - I ended up getting paired with a really good, and very rich ex-MLB pitcher and a backup TE for the Falcons for some of my therapy, and it was fucking hilarious because they thought the shit they were making us do at first was a joke. Anyway, this video is extremely similar, but probably even easier.

An example of some weird shit they had us do (different facility/PTs).

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Was wondering what you kept logging on to play.

We were traveling some over the summer and I picked up my PS Vita (hacked) and have been replaying God of War I and some Hot Shots Golf on it - pretty impressed by how the graphics hold up albeit on a small screen.
Some Warzone, ESO, and lots of Fallout with the son. Everyone in the gaming group is going to play wrath on a new server. I may check it out lmk what you are doing. MW2 and OW2 may be a solid bet for many of us with limited time. I wish I could raid in EQ but that’s right when my son goes to bed and I wanna be there reading books.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grez

Molten Core Raider
I ended up getting paired with a really good, and very rich ex-MLB pitcher and a backup TE for the Falcons for some of my therapy, and it was fucking hilarious because they thought the shit they were making us do at first was a joke. Anyway, this video is extremely similar, but probably even easier.
Apparently that guy is also an ex-MLB player, outfielder I think. He did something stupid on a dare and threw a ball really hard and far or some shit and destroyed his arm, ending his career. I guess he went into physical therapy and personal training afterward. Small world.

Just finished playing

MtG_PC_MicroProse_97.jpg

and

Rise_of_Nations_-_Thrones_and_Patriots_Coverart.png

bout to do

Homm3boxart.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rise of Nations was my shit, my one and only bought in the RTS multiplayer field, but played it solid for a year. Too bad it didn't have a higher player count or better multiplayer system.

• 1Like

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ironic that you're about to play Heroes of M&M 3. I've been seeing a few classics on Steam that I loved back in the day and that was one of them (the other was Descent. LOVED that game!)

Anyway, I'm curious why you chose HoMM 3 over 4 and 5?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ironic that you're about to play Heroes of M&M 3. I've been seeing a few classics on Steam that I loved back in the day and that was one of them (the other was Descent. LOVED that game!)

It is none of your damn business why a man chooses homm 3 over 4 and 5.

• 2Like

Grez

Molten Core Raider

Never played 4 or 5, but I've heard they're not as good. I haven't played HOMM3 in like 10 years, wanted to dick around with it for a few days. Love the music too.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cause HOMM3 is heads and heels better than all that came after it. You have some that need UPlay to be connected at all times. Fine, whatever. But then they have a cash shop in others for stuff that should be basic ass rewards. Ok, rustled, but fine.. again. But then the time it takes for the AI to complete its turn takes fucking forever.. not because your PC is slow, but because they changed something between 3 and the later editions. Then you have the maps which have progressively gotten more cluttered with graphics that actually make it harder to see important shit on the map. Then the ability for Heroes to depart from your armies, which is fine in games like TW Warhammer, but not in a game where you need to be exploring and collecting shit on the map. (You have to do this on harder difficulties cause the AI is forever trying to play fucking cat and mouse with you. You cant collect or claim resources without a Hero. But yet a single hero can run around the map doing shit, which makes cat and mouse tactics powerful af.) Never mind that the talent system has gotten progressively worse since HMM3. Then, the factions themselves have gave way to homogenous attributes. Instead of the Rock / Paper / Scissors type of play style that three offers, in later editions - you just have straight up "400 units of a tier 4 unit VS 401 units of a tier 4 units = 401 wins" (without hero in foreign land).

Hell, I havent played the most recent version since 2017? 2018? Yet I can still rant off a county mile of bull shit that has ruined the HOMM franchise. Should have realized how bad corporate was fucking with it when they changed the name to MM:Heroes in order to get some eyes from the regular Might and Magic franchise or vice versa. Never mind that they've went full blown Mobile game and Might and Magic: Era of Chaos is raking in the fucking bucks.

• 2Like

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's been sooo long since I played any of them but good to know about the differences before I make a purchase.

I found a few of the old Wizardry games on Steam too. Wizardry 1 was one of the very first games I remember playing as a kid and one of the main reasons why I got into RPGs (along with the Ultimas and The Bard's Tale). I don't remember any of the Wizardry games after the first one with the exception of a little bit of Wizardry 7.

I never played 8 at all but going by the reviews of it on Steam, it looks to have been a great one.

• 2Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This game is awesome.

I'm not much of an Overcooked fan, since it's more over the top puzzles and stuff more than anything... this is more practical and is also dealing w/ front of the house. Personally wouldn't play it solo but with at least one more it's been a good time.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finished Kakarot, ended up jumping right to Ys VIII when I realized it's my last unfinished Ys game. Finding it pretty frustrating (too many mobs, un-clear objectives), but it sure looks nice.

Haven't gotten to Live-a-Live yet but it's probably next. Might knock off half-finished Uncharted 4 first, not sure.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Finished Resident Evil 4 and really enjoyed it. Campy, clunky controls, bad acting. All the good points.

Starting Resident Evil 5 and it feels absolutely terrible. Everything is a bullet sponge, AI partner is worthless at best and detrimental at worst, too serious. Maps through the 1st two chapters have been very linear corridors.

Maybe it is just jarring going from 4>5 and back in the day the long pause between releases would have softened that. Will stick with it but not having a lot of fun.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Finished Elden Ring--I'm guessing I don't need to sing its praises, you guys all know the deal.

I've got Wrath of the Righteous sitting on my hard drive, but before I jump from one 100 hour game to another 100 hour game, I need something a bit lighter, so I'm going to dick around with Avengers for a bit.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's been sooo long since I played any of them but good to know about the differences before I make a purchase.

I found a few of the old Wizardry games on Steam too. Wizardry 1 was one of the very first games I remember playing as a kid and one of the main reasons why I got into RPGs (along with the Ultimas and The Bard's Tale). I don't remember any of the Wizardry games after the first one with the exception of a little bit of Wizardry 7.

I never played 8 at all but going by the reviews of it on Steam, it looks to have been a great one.
Wizardry 8 is absolutely outstanding. It is like the last true game of its type too. 7 is also very good but much crankier to play than 8. There are also some very massive mods for Wiz 8 worth playing through after beating the original.

Edit: Whoops, I am currently playing Disciples : Liberation and having a blast. I was very pleasantly surprised by how different and good this game is from the series prior.

• 2Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I lean very casual gaming these days. Enjoyed the Vampire Survivors a lot and have tried a few others in the genre.

20 Minutes til Dawn is pretty fun with the added ability of manual aim/shoot.

Bounty of One could be ok; seems ultra simplistic but reviews say it opens up after early game.

Boneraiser Minions I'm enjoying a lot. Very quick upgrades so you can check the game out pretty fast. It was also only $2 or 3 I think.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finished Ys VIII. Didn't like it that much because the map is infamously bad. I didn't like Ys IX for the same reason. I guess I'm just kinda done with this series.

Next up: Live-a-Live on Switch, probably.

Edit: Actually I'm taking some swings at Uncharted 4 and Last of Us 2. Might bounce between those and LAL this month.

Last edited:

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
My game schedule is equal parts Stardew Valley, Kenshi, and WoW Classic for Wrath.

I live in 2010.

• 1Faggotry