What are you playing?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20230527_190023.jpg

Here's what I got that was pretty expensive. It's a modded 3DS that's region-free and includes a bunch of 3DS games.

Seems to cost, at minimum, like $500 for something like this but TBH it was actually worth it. Edit: It also has a capture card soldered on and can be connected to a computer for playing on a monitor / recording / streaming / screenshotting. Basically it can do everything I wish a regular 3DS could do.

20230527_190323.jpg

20230527_190408.jpg

20230527_190503.jpg

20230527_190508.jpg

It includes a bunch of games that I bought recently for it (didn't realize it was gonna come with so many) so I've got a bunch of 3DS games to resell now. Oops. Well, a pleasant surprise nonetheless.

No regular DS on it though so my regular DS purchases were worthwhile. Wouldn't be surprised to find out I can put DS ROMs on here and play them, though...

Last edited:
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 4 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
How does NDS games work with only 1 screen?

I am tempted in buying a better one in the future. Or just go Steamdeck, but that one cost a lot sadly.
I haven't tried any DS games in it. I have a 3DS so any games I'd want I've already got and played in that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I feel like I’m in the minors with my raspberry pi on a crt and a jailbroken Wii U.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
View attachment 475419
Here's what I got that was pretty expensive. It's a modded 3DS that's region-free and includes a bunch of 3DS games.

Seems to cost, at minimum, like $500 for something like this but TBH it was actually worth it. Edit: It also has a capture card soldered on and can be connected to a computer for playing on a monitor / recording / streaming / screenshotting. Basically it can do everything I wish a regular 3DS could do.

View attachment 475420
View attachment 475421
View attachment 475422
View attachment 475423
It includes a bunch of games that I bought recently for it (didn't realize it was gonna come with so many) so I've got a bunch of 3DS games to resell now. Oops. Well, a pleasant surprise nonetheless.

No regular DS on it though so my regular DS purchases were worthwhile. Wouldn't be surprised to find out I can put DS ROMs on here and play them, though...

How do you manage to fight off all the pussy constantly being thrown at you?

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got Garlic OS installed and also a 128gb rompack. Figured these plus Xenogears might last me a while. It gets kinda overwhelming having every game out there in a huge list.

PXL_20230529_153316670.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Actually having a crt actually puts you ahead in quite a few areas.

Yep.

NES, SNES, PS1, and PS2 generations all look significantly better on a CRT than an HDTV at this point. I'm actually finding PS2 games kind of hard to play because their visuals look so bad now, and have a few I want to like LOTR Third Age and Dragon Quest 8. Maybe eventually I'll get an inexpensive CRT just for this sort of thing, if I get nostalgic enough.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Started Tale of Two wastelands (Fallout 3& NV total conversion) yesterday. This time I'm going the deep evil route. Megaton is getting nuked off the jump and I think I'll take up a career as a slaver. I cannot remember if you can be a slaver in F3 or not but seem to remember it being an option in NV.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yep.

NES, SNES, PS1, and PS2 generations all look significantly better on a CRT than an HDTV at this point. I'm actually finding PS2 games kind of hard to play because their visuals look so bad now, and have a few I want to like LOTR Third Age and Dragon Quest 8. Maybe eventually I'll get an inexpensive CRT just for this sort of thing, if I get nostalgic enough.
I dunno. The filter game is reaching a point that I’m leaning more and more to emulation despite owning a plethora of those games.

Szlia

Poly Bridge 3 got released today so.... Poly Bridge 3! Some UI improvements and only some minor new gameplay things sofar (anchor points you can buy, placed elements as part of the levels), but I am not very far in the campaign.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Endless mode in HELLCARD is pretty great, this is the level that did us in.

1688055000111.png

• 1Mother of God

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
If you guys looking for more info about this interesting "new" market, you may check this YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RetroGameCorps

Ambernic and Retropocket are both good choice, the only issue is to choose one model. (there is plenty of choice)

Exemple of content you might like:
For ppl asking, 3ds emulation is not that great, overall all this small handheld won't do well with 3ds beside some games and with some tuning.
In the end it's better to find a new3DS and jailbreak it, sadly new3Ds price have skyrocket to an average price of 300$... If you find one for 100$, buy it.
I have a Miyoo mini+ coming in the mail tomorrow. Got the new firmware, OS, and Roms ready to go. Looking forward to some old school RPG'ing.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Got Garlic OS installed and also a 128gb rompack. Figured these plus Xenogears might last me a while. It gets kinda overwhelming having every game out there in a huge list.

Yeah, my 3DS (which now has hella DS ROMs on it as well) has so many retro ROMs that it's actually ridiculous to have to scroll through. Like 6 versions of most games, across all regions, etc etc. A game that's late in the list (like an S) can take a while just to get to.

Which is the first-worldiest first world problem in the world.

What I'm playing: Finished FF16, chipping at Ghost of Tsushima now. About a third of the way through it, roughly, from playing bits of it over time for the last few months. Started it in April and have like 16h on the clock. I think I'm finally getting into it. Also want to finish Uncharted 4 (about halfway through that, again from chipping away over time). So yeah I'm trying to finish unfinished things, as is tradition.

I really want to play something on this new Super-3DS and start getting some real actual value out of it. Thinking Dragon Quest 7 which is a monstrosity of a game (probably the longest RPG I've ever played, unless we count Elden Ring). I disliked DQ7 on PS1 but I've heard many times over the years that DQ7 3DS is vastly improved. So probably either DQ7 or Bravely Default within the next few months. I'll feel better about the $700 spent the more value I get out of it. This 3DS better last a long-ass time too.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Yeah, my 3DS (which now has hella DS ROMs on it as well) has so many retro ROMs that it's actually ridiculous to have to scroll through. Like 6 versions of most games, across all regions, etc etc. A game that's late in the list (like an S) can take a while just to get to.

Which is the first-worldiest first world problem in the world.

What I'm playing: Finished FF16, chipping at Ghost of Tsushima now. About a third of the way through it, roughly, from playing bits of it over time for the last few months. Started it in April and have like 16h on the clock. I think I'm finally getting into it. Also want to finish Uncharted 4 (about halfway through that, again from chipping away over time). So yeah I'm trying to finish unfinished things, as is tradition.

I really want to play something on this new Super-3DS and start getting some real actual value out of it. Thinking Dragon Quest 7 which is a monstrosity of a game (probably the longest RPG I've ever played, unless we count Elden Ring). I disliked DQ7 on PS1 but I've heard many times over the years that DQ7 3DS is vastly improved. So probably either DQ7 or Bravely Default within the next few months. I'll feel better about the $700 spent the more value I get out of it. This 3DS better last a long-ass time too.
Ya I hacked my New 3DS. Best emulation handheld ever. Got tons of 3ds roms. Put snes/nes emulator and roms. I inject GBA roms on it to play directly. And got a Acekard2 to play DS games as well.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
After completed FFIII pixel remaster version, I'm going back to shorter games. Finished The suffering: ties that bind on ps2 yesterday, now it's time for a first playthrough of Onimusha: warlords also on ps2.

Adeptus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Theoretically Dragon's Dogma, but I get bored a bit, so I am playing Dawn of War II: Retribution during the break. After finishing Imperial Guard campaign I will probably come back to DD.