What are you playing?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
If you loved A Link To The Past like me, then you will love Death's Door. I cannot recommend this game enough.

Yeah, I liked this game a lot. I cannot remember the last time I 100% a game.

1691258376908.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am playing this now after beating Hollow Knight. So far so good!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finished 100%'ing Vampire Survivors on the Deck. But I'm having trouble getting into Dredge, might be due to it being so bleak. I am up to the volcanor/fire area though so might be pretty close to the end? But the game itself is not bad, just kinda depressing and wierd.

I think I will purchase Hades and start playing that as everyone says thats a good game to try. Also I find gaming on the Steam Deck more enjoyable right now rather than sitting at the computer so I think it will be a good match.

• 1Solidarity

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok so Death's Door was great, I did about 70% completion and finished it in about 11 hours. Can't decide if I want to keep playing now that I can turn the world into nighttime, but honestly after this and Hollow Knight back to back I am burned out on playing games where you have to backtrack so much once you get new skills, etc. Hollow Knight was much worse than Death's Door, for Death's Door you can play it VERY linear and only go back for items/achievements with the new skills you unlock as you progress.

Might do something lighthearted like Untitled Goose Game next, or FF7 remake Yuffie.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Ok so Death's Door was great, I did about 70% completion and finished it in about 11 hours. Can't decide if I want to keep playing now that I can turn the world into nighttime, but honestly after this and Hollow Knight back to back I am burned out on playing games where you have to backtrack so much once you get new skills, etc. Hollow Knight was much worse than Death's Door, for Death's Door you can play it VERY linear and only go back for items/achievements with the new skills you unlock as you progress.

Might do something lighthearted like Untitled Goose Game next, or FF7 remake Yuffie.
Did you...

get the True Ending?

If, no. Then I highly recommend you do.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finally finished Ghost of Tsushima. I think I beat the game a lot faster than I was supposed to because the second and third acts were both pretty short (while the first took me like 23 hours). Stopped doing side-content and focused on running the story and then it was just over.

Good game, couldn't really get into it though. It sure is pretty, maybe the prettiest game I've played overall outside of maybe Elden Ring. Both have art design that's second to none so it's hard to put either over the other. It was absolutely an Assassin's Creed style game and basically the Japan AC people have been asking for for like a decade and never got.

I guess I vastly prefer Souls/Nioh type stuff over AC at this point, didn't realize it until this.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I'm doing a Terraria playthrough with my kids (8, 11). It's pretty much a perfect game for this kind of co-op.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

Went for Slay the Spire before my Hades play through. Feels kinda hard even at the start but I guess you learn to build a good deck and strategies as you play.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Went for Slay the Spire before my Hades play through. Feels kinda hard even at the start but I guess you learn to build a good deck and strategies as you play.

Yeah, StS has really tight gameplay where you need to get good synergies going or you'll be dead by the end. I do think it could use more build diversity which limits its replay-ability, but its satisfying when you do win. Have you played Monster Train yet?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Aazrael

Yeah, StS has really tight gameplay where you need to get good synergies going or you'll be dead by the end. I do think it could use more build diversity which limits its replay-ability, but its satisfying when you do when. Have you played Monster Train yet?
No I seem to have missed all of the "indiegames" the last couple of years. The Steamdeck made me start looking at them and they work really well on a handheld PC instead of playing on the normal PC with mouse and keyboard.

Kinda nice to have short play sessions when slacking in the bed and the battery last a lot longer with these smaller games.

Will check that Monster Train game out!

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
No I seem to have missed all of the "indiegames" the last couple of years. The Steamdeck made me start looking at them and they work really well on a handheld PC instead of playing on the normal PC with mouse and keyboard.

Kinda nice to have short play sessions when slacking in the bed and the battery last a lot longer with these smaller games.

Will check that Monster Train game out!

If you like StS you'll like Monster Train, it's easier to jump into, less punishing, and has way more variety.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Black Flag.
I'll be generous and say play the series up to and including Black Flag. AC1-AC3 are a decent enough and self-contained story, and Black Flag is the best pirate game on the market. Quit there, and you can pretend the series ended on a bang, rather than overstaying its welcome by half a dozen games.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
I'll be generous and say play the series up to and including Black Flag. AC1-AC3 are a decent enough and self-contained story, and Black Flag is the best pirate game on the market. Quit there, and you can pretend the series ended on a bang, rather than overstaying its welcome by half a dozen games.
Origins was very good and the map wasn't overly huge to me. But I'm a sucker for Egyptian stuff too.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Eldenring.

Seems the devs had the galaxy brained idea of emulating a controller with the keyboard and mouse on pc instead of actually using the keyboard and mouse.

Cant point and click in the map or scroll using the cursor
Cant rebind keys
Cant specifically bind items to keys

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What Assassins Creed game should I play? I haven’t played any except the original.

If you're only gonna play one, play AC4. It's pretty awesome.

If you've got room for 2-3, play AC2 and its sequels. The Ezio trilogy really is a memorable experience and now there's a remaster so it won't look awful by modern standards. Brotherhood is a great game and direct sequel to AC2, while Revelations is kinda iffy and mid but it combines the AC1 and AC2 storylines with you playing as both protagonists and going to the Middle-East.

If you like the series enough to keep going after that, almost the whole thing is worthwhile. Most of them are short and fly by. I'd do AC4 after the Ezio trilogy, then AC3 after that. Why? Because AC4 is actually a prequel to AC3, and AC3 starts with you playing as the son of the AC4 protagonist. After those AC Rogue is a very solid game with more pirate action. AC Unity gets slammed a lot but it's decent, covers the French Revolution, has a protagonist who tries to re-create Ezio's swagger and the single sexiest and most likeable female in the series IMO (not playable unfortunately). AC Syndicate is a step up from Unity and didn't get enough credit, solid game that's even better if you love London. After that the series switches to less AC and more open world adventure games, so they start doubling in length. Origins is a good time because of the Ancient Egypt setting and when it comes down to it, it might be the next one I strongly recommend after AC2 and 4. Basically doubles the length of earlier games. Then AC Odyssey has Ancient Greece and can be a lot of fun, skip the DLCs though. I'd skip Origins' DLCs too. Odyssey doubles the length of Origins and goes on too long, so only go on to that if you have the time. Finally there's AC Valhalla which doubles Odyssey's length and is boring AF unless you love Vikings. Like, really love Vikings. Not worth it. None of the spinoffs were worthwhile either IIRC.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
If you're only gonna play one, play AC4. It's pretty awesome.

If you've got room for 2-3, play AC2 and its sequels. The Ezio trilogy really is a memorable experience and now there's a remaster so it won't look awful by modern standards. Brotherhood is a great game and direct sequel to AC2, while Revelations is kinda iffy and mid but it combines the AC1 and AC2 storylines with you playing as both protagonists and going to the Middle-East.

If you like the series enough to keep going after that, almost the whole thing is worthwhile. Most of them are short and fly by. I'd do AC4 after the Ezio trilogy, then AC3 after that. Why? Because AC4 is actually a prequel to AC3, and AC3 starts with you playing as the son of the AC4 protagonist. After those AC Rogue is a very solid game with more pirate action. AC Unity gets slammed a lot but it's decent, covers the French Revolution, has a protagonist who tries to re-create Ezio's swagger and the single sexiest and most likeable female in the series IMO (not playable unfortunately). AC Syndicate is a step up from Unity and didn't get enough credit, solid game that's even better if you love London. After that the series switches to less AC and more open world adventure games, so they start doubling in length. Origins is a good time because of the Ancient Egypt setting and when it comes down to it, it might be the next one I strongly recommend after AC2 and 4. Basically doubles the length of earlier games. Then AC Odyssey has Ancient Greece and can be a lot of fun, skip the DLCs though. I'd skip Origins' DLCs too. Odyssey doubles the length of Origins and goes on too long, so only go on to that if you have the time. Finally there's AC Valhalla which doubles Odyssey's length and is boring AF unless you love Vikings. Like, really love Vikings. Not worth it. None of the spinoffs were worthwhile either IIRC.
What Rajaah said 100% thought Ezio was bullshit when I started AC2 then he was my favorite char a quarter of the way in, and we get (3)! games with him! For a while there AC was a day one purchase / pre-purchase for gameplay alone.

Oh how the mighty have fallen, hopefully this new one will be a throwback to their better days.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users