What are your Top 10 games on Steam by Playtime?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
1. Rift - 930
2. Skyrim - 501
3. Fallout 4 - 260
4. Team Fortress 2 - 247
5. NieR:Automata - 157
6. Borderlands 2 - 125
7. Fallout: New Vegas - 115
8. Grim Dawn - 113
9. Borderlands - 106
10. Dragon Age: Origins - 104

Tales of Berseria is technically at 8 with 114 hours, but that was left on all night a few times so I bumped it down the list.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops
2. Magic 2014
3. Mass Effect 2
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
5: Borderlands
6. Grand Theft Auto IV
7. Skyrim
8. Darkest Dungeon
9. Ultimate General: Civil War
10. XCOM 2

Battlefield 1 would be #3 if it were on Steam.

Nate

Molten Core Raider
Who is your daddy, and what does he do?

1. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
5,012 hrs on record

2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
547 hrs on record

3. Total War: SHOGUN 2
270 hrs on record

4. PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
253 hrs on record

5. XCOM 2
239 hrs on record

6. Sid Meier's Civilization V
234 hrs on record

7. DARK SOULS™ II
189 hrs on record

8. Total War: WARHAMMER II
128 hrs on record

9. Rust
125 hrs on record

10. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
102 hrs on record

Argarth

On the verandah
Easily add 1000+ hours each to Marvel Heroes and Path of Exile, on stand-alone clients. Amused to see that HL2 made the list. o_O

games.JPG

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
lukcy if get a more then 4 hours to game across a whole week now, my list would be pretty week

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Gaymz.png

Some caveats: Blender isn't a game, Half Life 2 was probably really the map editor, same for Conan, and Dungeon Siege was mostly the Ultima total conversion mods.

eqplayed.png

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Without hijacking the entire thread....

I see a lot of Stellaris in everyone's list. Does anyone have a quick and basic summary of that game vs. Endless Space 2? I have been looking for a new space game. Links to comparative reviews works also :)

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Mainly avatars for VRChat, but I've learned so much doing that I think I can actually use Blender for gamedev now. The only thing I haven't worked out is how to do retopo, but I think it is possible. Also I have 3dcoat which will do retopo as well.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
i feel posting this list is kind of irrelevant, since i have spent more hours on EQ then on all steam games combined

5k hours on CS? Cute :)

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Mainly avatars for VRChat, but I've learned so much doing that I think I can actually use Blender for gamedev now. The only thing I haven't worked out is how to do retopo, but I think it is possible. Also I have 3dcoat which will do retopo as well.
I can do a cup in blender :(

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I don't have much artistic talent. VRChat avatars are mostly just taking the work of Japanese artists and adapting it to work. There are thousands of really nice models out there, mostly made by fans, of just about every anime character ever.

The program they are made for is called Miku Miku Dance. I think it is a free program made by Yamaha to go with the vocaloid singing software they made years ago. I'm not sure if Yamaha came up with the personifications of the various voices the program uses or if the fans did, but Hatsune Miku is a household name in Japan.

Aside from making music videos, some use it to make, to the surprise of nobody, erotic stuff! So quite a few of the models have very very very detailed anatomy with lots of animations to go with the parts.

The model I'm doing for the streamer is tricky because there were only maybe 2 or 3 models created, and all the download links were taken down. I ended up finding characters with similarities and frankensteining it together.

GettingCloser02.png

I'm not really sure what show the face is from, the model is Uni something, but the body is from a model of Anchovy from girls und panzer, and the hair is from the toho girl with the sword konpaku or something?

Barrettes.png

The character he wanted is named Tobiichi Origami from a show called "Date A Live" which I don't know much of anything about. Not sure if it is a show based on a dating game, or the other way around, but she's often in some kind of mecha suit thing.

The main differences I still need to work on is the shape of the upper eyes. And really that is the primary distinguishing factor from girl to girl to girl in the animu world. Origami has a sort of 3 step faceted shape to the upper eye. It is tricky to change because you have to change all of the shape key animations as well for facial expressions and talking and such.

Outfits get tricksy as well because VRChat has a limit of 20k triangles. People will often use decimation to reduce triangles, but it inevitably leaves cracks and holes in the model and bits get misshapen and animate poorly. The proper way to reduce polygons is to do a retopology, but it is very time consuming.

For the above, I didn't want to do either. The body and hair were already near 20k, and the streamer really likes solid white and solid black clothing, so I knew I could get away with very low resolution for the hoodie and boots. So I just made them myself from scratch, and they turned out really well.

Being a coder I can write custom shaders for whatever needs it. The hoodie is a modification of the standard Unity smoothness / metallic approach, but with a bit of minneart shading to give it a velvety look, and double sided so it kind of doubles as a skirt down low. There's just panties under there, no shorts or anything.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
1. Mount & Blade: Warband
882 hrs on record

2. Kerbal Space Program
689 hrs on record

3. 7 Days to Die
525 hrs on record

4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
380 hrs on record

5. Empyrion - Galactic Survival
328 hrs on record

6. X3: Albion Prelude
289 hrs on record

7. X3: Terran Conflict
255 hrs on record

8. Factorio
213 hrs on record

9. Dragon Age: Origins
209 hrs on record

10. Fallout 4
206 hrs on record

Lordy, when you see all that time spent written down it does make me wonder if I spend too much time gaming....Nah.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My Marvel Heroes playtime isn't that messed up until I consider that most of that occurred within a single year.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I don't have much artistic talent. VRChat avatars are mostly just taking the work of Japanese artists and adapting it to work. There are thousands of really nice models out there, mostly made by fans, of just about every anime character ever.

The program they are made for is called Miku Miku Dance. I think it is a free program made by Yamaha to go with the vocaloid singing software they made years ago. I'm not sure if Yamaha came up with the personifications of the various voices the program uses or if the fans did, but Hatsune Miku is a household name in Japan.

Aside from making music videos, some use it to make, to the surprise of nobody, erotic stuff! So quite a few of the models have very very very detailed anatomy with lots of animations to go with the parts.

The model I'm doing for the streamer is tricky because there were only maybe 2 or 3 models created, and all the download links were taken down. I ended up finding characters with similarities and frankensteining it together.

View attachment 162268

I'm not really sure what show the face is from, the model is Uni something, but the body is from a model of Anchovy from girls und panzer, and the hair is from the toho girl with the sword konpaku or something?

View attachment 162269

The character he wanted is named Tobiichi Origami from a show called "Date A Live" which I don't know much of anything about. Not sure if it is a show based on a dating game, or the other way around, but she's often in some kind of mecha suit thing.

The main differences I still need to work on is the shape of the upper eyes. And really that is the primary distinguishing factor from girl to girl to girl in the animu world. Origami has a sort of 3 step faceted shape to the upper eye. It is tricky to change because you have to change all of the shape key animations as well for facial expressions and talking and such.

Outfits get tricksy as well because VRChat has a limit of 20k triangles. People will often use decimation to reduce triangles, but it inevitably leaves cracks and holes in the model and bits get misshapen and animate poorly. The proper way to reduce polygons is to do a retopology, but it is very time consuming.

For the above, I didn't want to do either. The body and hair were already near 20k, and the streamer really likes solid white and solid black clothing, so I knew I could get away with very low resolution for the hoodie and boots. So I just made them myself from scratch, and they turned out really well.

Being a coder I can write custom shaders for whatever needs it. The hoodie is a modification of the standard Unity smoothness / metallic approach, but with a bit of minneart shading to give it a velvety look, and double sided so it kind of doubles as a skirt down low. There's just panties under there, no shorts or anything.

None of this is remotely in my wheelhouse, but I'd totally lurk a thread related to developing this kind of stuff. Only relevant thing I'd want to do is learn how to make interiors in GTA for some of the RP I watch, but anything I'd want to make has probably been done already :p

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Are there modtools for GTA now? You might be able to find twitch streams of it.

There's some for people making VRChat avatars.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Path of Exile
Civ V
Civ IV
Fallout 4
Terraria
Conan Exiles
Disciples II
Kingdom Rush