What book would you like to see adapted to Movies or TV?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Uh World War Z, erasing the movie from existence entirely.

Anathem would be a good 6-8 part miniseries.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The Coltaine arc alone would have me shooting my T.V if they fucked it up. HTF they going to show a giant wagon full of crushed souls?
Just redo Band of Brothers but throw a wizard or two in there! I guess that’s more like a Black Company tv show 🤔

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Cradle would be great but you'd need an unreal FX budget. I think the Mistborn series would also translate well to the screen. Malazan just wouldn't work. It would need to be a 500 part series to do any justice.

• 1Like

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
Supposedly they're doing a Riftwar show, which was announced in the last couple months. I'm expecting it to end in disappointment similar WoT's first season. If done well, it could be AMAZING. The early 90s game Betrayal at Krondor was awesome and got me into the books, which are up and down throughout the the 30ish novels, but the first two series, Riftwar and Serpentwar were top notch. Feist has some background in film from decades ago, so maybe it is half decent. Casting is always terrifying for characters you've had in your head for decades, IE Arutha, Jimmy, Pug, Tomas etc.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Supposedly they're doing a Riftwar show, which was announced in the last couple months. I'm expecting it to end in disappointment similar WoT's first season. If done well, it could be AMAZING. The early 90s game Betrayal at Krondor was awesome and got me into the books, which are up and down throughout the the 30ish novels, but the first two series, Riftwar and Serpentwar were top notch. Feist has some background in film from decades ago, so maybe it is half decent. Casting is always terrifying for characters you've had in your head for decades, IE Arutha, Jimmy, Pug, Tomas etc.
I started reading fantasy almost entirely due to Betrayal at Krondor and the Seprentwar was where I started. Its been almost 30 years and to this day recalling those first few books fills me with memories full of a gamut of emotions. Feist's work is the last thing I would want remade into a current year TV garbage. Fuck this world.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Good lord... I haven't thought about those books in forever. Magician is still one of my all-time favs for fantasy. If they're going to start the story, I wish they'd start there.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
American Gods has just the right stuff to make an amazing movie.
But there is no way its happening without Gaiman being involved and it turning up the same as that train wreck of a show at best.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
EDIT: NVM (shouldn't post in the morning without at least two mugs of coffee in my brain)

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Otherland by Tad Williams. Cmon its even got a black female protagonist, how can it go wrong. Its like made for 2022.

• 1Solidarity

Bodhy

Mr. Poopybutthole
Malazan: Book of the Fallen.

Ir would be an enormous demand in terms of SFX, casting, plot etc. but it would fucking epic.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
I've always thought that The Breach would make a great movie or TV show.

It's already got the big-action blow things up energy that usually gets awkwardly shoehorned into adaptations, while still maintaining a tightly written, clever story. The ending of the trilogy gets a *chef's kiss* from me for a perfect wrap-up to what is rather non-traditional time-travel story.

It was also extra refreshing to have a near-omniscient adversary that was not eye-rollingly defeated by some combination of grade-school level trickery, magic mcguffins and punching. ( Disney/Marvel take note ! )

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Musab

Molten Core Raider
Malazan: Book of the Fallen.

Ir would be an enormous demand in terms of SFX, casting, plot etc. but it would fucking epic.
The Prince of Nothing series and the Black Company too.

• 1Like

Bodhy

Mr. Poopybutthole
Since they've already done China Mieville with City and the City, I'd love to see Perdido Street Station made into a movie or series. With the right director it could work, capturing the weirdness and intrigue of the world.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do comic books count? If so, The Blackest Night in a heart beat. Would have to be made dark and gritty, probably animated, tons of fun to watch.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said by Philip K. Dick

The Sirens of Titan and/or Cat's Cradle bt Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Survivor by Chuck Pahlaniuk