What class and race are you playing?

Radikus

Trakanon Raider
I have a 5 digit DCI number. Is Magic nerd cred better or worse than EQ nerd cred?

That is pretty good nerd cred, when did you start? My DCI # has gotta be around 9 digits or something super large cause I started really playing (In competitive events at least) in RtR. I used to play in revised as a kid just fucking around and one point had a ton of duals that I eventually sold to buy warhammer stuff which was a royally fucked idea considering how expensive the old stuff is now. I am pretty sure I had some power and at some point my mom gave away my "old" magic cards to the neighbor kids years later.

I still play a decent amount and even fuck with MTGO once in awhile. I flew out to GP San Antonio recently to compete in team modern. New standard is coming around and I figure I will rock at least one or 2 pptq's a season (RPTQ if I win). I came close a few times last season being a fuckwad and Saheeli comboing people. Peeps get SUPER upset dying to a turn 4 combo in standard, like visible upset, it's fantastic since most magic players at the tourney level are of the rank "Captain No Smiles".

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You guys have me beat. I don't even know what DCI number is.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
That is pretty good nerd cred, when did you start? My DCI # has gotta be around 9 digits or something super large cause I started really playing (In competitive events at least) in RtR. I used to play in revised as a kid just fucking around and one point had a ton of duals that I eventually sold to buy warhammer stuff which was a royally fucked idea considering how expensive the old stuff is now. I am pretty sure I had some power and at some point my mom gave away my "old" magic cards to the neighbor kids years later.

I still play a decent amount and even fuck with MTGO once in awhile. I flew out to GP San Antonio recently to compete in team modern. New standard is coming around and I figure I will rock at least one or 2 pptq's a season (RPTQ if I win). I came close a few times last season being a fuckwad and Saheeli comboing people. Peeps get SUPER upset dying to a turn 4 combo in standard, like visible upset, it's fantastic since most magic players at the tourney level are of the rank "Captain No Smiles".
Started playing in 94, got my DCI# in 95. had to get it through the mail back then so most tournaments weren't sanctioned.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I remember my ICQ # used to communicate in UO before /tell was around! o_O

Having a crisis though between SK and Druid. SK is solid, obviously. It's been proven, but to start hearing that Druids are actually pretty solid? I'm the type that makes my own groups, I don't just sit with /lfg on for 2 hours and then bitch and moan about why I can't get a group. I go make my own, send mass amount of whispers out, keep updating /lfg looking for peeps, etc. So given that, no matter what class I choose I can get it leveled by being pro-active.

But in my experience on Phinny, a Druid was never a first choice when you had clerics, mages, wizards, etc all on the list. I played the Enchanter, and would always take Druids near last to fill a spot. I doubt that's changed, but it seems Druids get a little more love on this forum than actually in game?

• 1Solidarity

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Started playing in 94, got my DCI# in 95. had to get it through the mail back then so most tournaments weren't sanctioned.
Were you ever elected to the nerd high council that blesses and sanctions the most glorious and entertaining tournaments?

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
But in my experience on Phinny, a Druid was never a first choice when you had clerics, mages, wizards, etc all on the list. I played the Enchanter, and would always take Druids near last to fill a spot. I doubt that's changed, but it seems Druids get a little more love on this forum than actually in game?

Honestly, I would rather 5 man and wait for a 6th than take a druid. I'd rather have 2x cleric (group stability incase clr1 leaves), 2x enchanter (sweet dps), 2x tank/puller (group stability) than have a druid.

Sterling

El Presidente
Were you ever elected to the nerd high council that blesses and sanctions the most glorious and entertaining tournaments?
No elections involved, but since opening our store a few years back I've been TO for ~ 6 or 7 tournaments a week for a few years. Not sure if that counts.

Crone

Honestly, I would rather 5 man and wait for a 6th than take a druid. I'd rather have 2x cleric (group stability incase clr1 leaves), 2x enchanter (sweet dps), 2x tank/puller (group stability) than have a druid.
Exactly. So while a Druid on this server can easily get to 50, you better be ready to have friends that will invite you no matter what, or be the type that is pro-active and make your own groups. Just wanna put out real expectations out there to people about Druids.

Sterling

El Presidente
As a thing they moved Superior Healing to 40s for Druids and Shaman so they make much better healers than they did prior.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I'm so fucking curious about this progression server that I may go Troll/SK on an extremely filthy casual basis. Why can't they launch shit like this during the Fall/Winter? :mad:

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'm so fucking curious about this progression server that I may go Troll/SK on an extremely filthy casual basis. Why can't they launch shit like this during the Fall/Winter? :mad:
Im disappointed by yoir choice. I figured you'd vo Half Elf male whatever for banana (dildo) velious texture helm

Crone

Crisis again. Why is EQ so difficult to decide a class? Proably end up SK , but I don't like hitting buttons. I'm a very laid back EQ player. The thought of weaving in spells between hits and bull shit like that to maximize DPS sounds like AIDS to me... so Warrior? But then I'm screwed in classic?

Or just say F the tank and go Druid, since with Sup Heal in classic, they can easily get picked up and heal the whole group. Giving them and Shamans Sup Heal in classic is a huge box of amazing, to alleviate the typical lack of Clerics.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Crisis again. Why is EQ so difficult to decide a class? Proably end up SK , but I don't like hitting buttons. I'm a very laid back EQ player. The thought of weaving in spells between hits and bull shit like that to maximize DPS sounds like AIDS to me... so Warrior? But then I'm screwed in classic?

Or just say F the tank and go Druid, since with Sup Heal in classic, they can easily get picked up and heal the whole group. Giving them and Shamans Sup Heal in classic is a huge box of amazing, to alleviate the typical lack of Clerics.

You don't need to really do the nonsense with SKs until Velious and really Luclin. In Classic and Kunark you'll be spamming lifetaps as fast as humanly possible and still wont be able to dump your mana bar in raids. Our DoT's are actually the most mana efficient of all of our damage sources but mobs wont even last their duration until VP.

SK's are more about the freedom to be able to solo and not have to depend on anyone. Feel like camping Frenzy alone in classic? Want to do Fungi King or solo the big money Chardok named? those are all no problem as a SK. Most classes can't even get to named camps let alone solo them with ease like a SK. Just getting access to a circlet of shadows and fungi items makes you feel like a bulletproof tiger once Kunark drops babe.