What classes from all other MMOs would you bring back into a new Game?

Vitality

HUSTLE
EQ bard had twisting (before that melody stuff, but that was way past the pinnacle of EQ) and being able to twist 3 or 4 songs, swapping targets on the fly for a mez was unique and fun, not saying it took monumental skills, because it didn't, but there was a certain difference between good and average bards. I didn't play VG, because I was literally scared away by the unplayable beta, so I can't compare.
Warhammer Chosen played a lot like EQ bard Aura Twisting.

It was pretty bad ass when you could ping throttle at the modem level and stack the DD aura up to about 15 ticks per second and one shot groups.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You could twist with the song classes in DAoC as well. It was kind of entertaining because Bards could choose to twist or to heal so it gave them a bit of a choice.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I enjoyed the shaman in VG though I really can't remember how it played...

EQ Druid kiting and root rotting was a lot of fun for me. I raided with a cleric but kind of hated it... EQ shaman though was fun.

Honestly the only classes I really thought were awesome were Rift leveling builds - especially the AoE warrior build that had similar mechanics to EQ SK epic 2.0 swarm kiting, where the more you pulled the more survivability you actually had. Fuck if I can remember specifics at the moment.
The RIFT aoe warrior build was the Reaver/Rift Blade/Paragon combo that I alluded to earlier in the thread. It was super fun to play as and it lent itself well to tanking, then it was nerfed hardcore because nobody had paladin loaded except for using LoH on cooldown while soloing =\

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I enjoyed the EQOA Enchanter class. Unlike the EQ1 version, these enchanters primary focus was replenishing the groups mana and some DPS. Not as much as pure DPS classes but with the right charmed pets they could do fine. They could also summon suits of armor or cast runes on the melees/tanks to increase their DPS. Was a fun class to play and you definitely knew when you were grouped with a good one.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Too much choice however is crippling early on. You sit someone down and say "here's 200 abilities, pick 3" you're going to have people stuck at character creation for weeks.
Which is why, when I'm looking at a flexible classes/non-classes system, I'm a big partisan of the "collectible skill cards" model.

You being with a pre-defined set, then you go out and collect skill cards to slot on your active/passive bar. If you have a class, those skill cards are class-limited (+self HP is limited to tanky classes), if you don't, then you collect whatever. You have a simple decision at character creation (which profile do I like best), then small decisions whenever you get a new skill. You don't get a "wow, I have all those! Can I do this?" moment until you've been playing for a long time.

(I'm also a fan of the "go find the skill" GW1-type method, rather than "get fungible points, pick your next skill on the skill wheel" TSW-type method. But the problem of discrete skills is that, once you have the skill, you don't have the incentive to go back and down the boss again with other people)

So, I'm not a fan of picking one class to import willy-nilly in a new MMO. Once you have your class system, then classes should come out naturally from it, and none will be the same as the old ones. If I wanted to play an EQ cleric, I can play an EQ cleric. Don't need a new game.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
whoa whoever neg'd my beastlord comment OBVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII never played one okay haterrrssss

Mur_sl

shitlord
Tank: SK (EQ), Paladin (EQ2)

Healer: Shaman (EQ), Warden (EQ2)

Utility: Enchanter (EQ), Bard (EQ), Monk (EQ), Burglar (LOTRO), Necro (EQ)

Damn this is actually a hard one for me. Call it nostalgia, but I still think the unbalanced classes of EQ were some of the best. Top 3 most fun for my type of playing however would be Shadow Knight (EQ), Shammy (EQ), and Melee spec Warden (EQ2).

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
If I would choose one it would be Shadow Knight (EverQuest).

But here are classes I enjoyed playing...

Tank: SK (EQ), Shillien Knight (Lineage 2), All tanks of CoH

Healer: Empathy (CoH), Cleric (Aion), Disciple (Vanguard)

Support: Mind Control (CoH), Bard (EQ)

And of course Monk (EQ)

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
EQ Bard - twisting and kiting meant you had to have skill
EQ2 Bruiser - for obvious reasons, who doesn't want to smash monsters with their fists
Asheron's Call 2's Tactician - situationally, this class owned
Vanguard's Disciple
COH's Brutes - HULK SMASH, the longer the fight goes, the more damage you do (until you go around one shotting everything)

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Druid from EQ. Always my favorite class, but one of the few that got cooler as the game progressed to its current stage. All MMOs seem to have a class that can both heal and dps, but druids have single spells that do both!

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Tanks have always bored me, but Rift's Rogue w/ Riftstalker was fun. Not sure why more haven't mentioned them. Did people not play one, or did they end up sucking in the long run? There were at times buggy as shit when Rift launched, but were fun and viable if you had friends able to suspend their disbelief enough to give you a chance.

For healers, Vanguard's Blood Mage is my favorite class of all time, so echoing what others have said along with Disciple. I thought Rift's Chloromancer build was a good try, but was pretty boring and too straightforward to me coming from a Blood Mage.

Necro from EQ as played by people who actually learned to play them in groups, combined with Vanguard's pet system. I loved my Beastlord from EQ as DPS/support as well. EQ enchanter and Vanguard bard, too.

I'd be happy with a revamped, balanced and skill/ability trimmed Vanguard class system with a Riftstalker tank and a pet class.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Riftstalker...

I never played one PvE, but the teleports were fucking OP as shit in pvp when paired with the right DPS soul.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Healer

- Radiation Empath Healer from (City of Heroes)
- Cleric from Everquest

Tank
- Ninja (FFXI)
- ...not sure what else. I don't really play tanks.

DPS
- Black Mage (FFXIV: ARR)
- Rogue (DDO)

Support
- Blue Mage (FFXI)
- Corsair (FFXI)

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
EQ bard had twisting (before that melody stuff, but that was way past the pinnacle of EQ) and being able to twist 3 or 4 songs, swapping targets on the fly for a mez was unique and fun, not saying it took monumental skills, because it didn't, but there was a certain difference between good and average bards. I didn't play VG, because I was literally scared away by the unplayable beta, so I can't compare.
Not only would I want a new MMO to have an EQ bard (and enchanter) class, but I also want a MMO whose gameplay increases the value of a support class. I don't recall any MMO other than EQ that had mobs flee at low health, pulling tactics that allowed you to split up trash, increased risk of wiping if you didn't CC mobs, etc. Seems like everything now is pull as many mobs as you can and AOE everything down. An EQ bard and enchanter would never get invited into groups in modern MMOs because they don't do enough DPS.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Not only would I want a new MMO to have an EQ bard (and enchanter) class, but I also want a MMO whose gameplay increases the value of a support class. I don't recall any MMO other than EQ that had mobs flee at low health, pulling tactics that allowed you to split up trash, increased risk of wiping if you didn't CC mobs, etc. Seems like everything now is pull as many mobs as you can and AOE everything down. An EQ bard and enchanter would never get invited into groups in modern MMOs because they don't do enough DPS.
Vanguard, which probably doesn't count for most people. I liked it even better because instead of one class for support, everyone could do a little. On my Blood Mage I was often charming or rooting to help with cc/pulls, not to mention often offtanking with varied results! :p Smart players could provide a variety of combat support at the right times, which was cool.

Enchanters were often highest dps in the game if you had one with the balls to charm and a group that knew how to support that. :p

Irbax_Smoo_sl

shitlord
Tank
Shadow Knight (EQ1)
Guardian Druid (WoW)

Heals
Healer (DAoC)
Cleric (EQ1)

Support
Enchanter (EQ1)
Bard (EQ1)

DPS
Necromancer (EQ1)
Enchanter (DAoC)

Favorite Class of All Time
Cave Shaman from DAoC. Nothing was more fulfilling than critting the highest AoE disease on a group of people, watching them get rooted from debuffed strength and die from a sneeze due to debuffed hp. Landing a critical AoE DoT was almost as fulfilling and taking out groups of people on Andred using this method with the Shaman "Ultimate" RR was the most fun I ever had on a class in any game.

The only other class that came close to this was playing a shield+lifetap dot specced Confessor in Shadowbane when it first released. I played it as a tank, because I could tank better than any other class with my spec at that time.

Irbax_Smoo_sl

shitlord
^This.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really enjoyed the runekeeper class in LotRO; the way you aligned to dps or heal spells, it kept you on your toes on what to cast and made combos fun.