What classes from all other MMOs would you bring back into a new Game?

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Enc (EQ)
Bard (VG)
Bloodmage (VG)
Elementalist (GW2)
Chloro (Rift)
Rogue (EQ)
and ofc Shaman (EQ)

Moth_sl

shitlord
I want some kind of brawler class.

EQ2 had bruisers and brigands which might have been the closest to what I want.
I want a dirty, primitive, hand-to-hand or blunt weapon fighter.
I've hated all monk classes since EQ because they felt too fancy prancy.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've liked quite a few over the years but to have in a new game? There is only 2:

Bard - EQ
Enchanter - EQ

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Eve skill system. Classes and levels are pointless.

But if you are dead set on classes, then tactician from ac2, most of the vanguard classes, most of the neverwinter classes, and enchanter from eq1.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
EQ1 knights.

Fuck trying to actually balance all the classes, that's always going to be impossible, instead just punish people for picking the shitty ones!

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I'd like to see a buffet style system. Screw traditional classes.
And just like buffets everywhere, buffet style systems are light on taste and long on empty calories.

rrr_img_92479.jpg

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
The monk from Everquest, a game needs feign death and split pulling. Same reason for Shadow Knight and Bard from Everquest. Basically most Everquest classes
smile.png

The original Shaman from wow, 2 handed windfury was beast.

The beastmaster warrior from Rift. Best pet/ melee class I have played.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'll cast another vote for Rift's Chloromancer. Healing your party by dpsing enemies is just a lot of fun, and was one of the only healers of any mmo I actually enjoyed playing.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God no, fuck that stupid pick everything idea. It was bad enough in a game like Rift where you got to pick from 3 skill trees. Just as I predicted back then, every class had a best build....and there was little to no variance at all. It would be 100x worse.

Just say no to flavor-of-the-month bullshit that will change 50% of the populations classes with every unending balance patch.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I enjoyed most WoW classes, definitely Bard, Druid and Wizard from EQ, all GW2 classes, even if they lack traditional roles, and some Lotro classes, especially Minstrel and Warden. Swtor is ignored because it's old school WoW in space (which has its merits, but class design is not one of them).
I suppose Tera warrior could be listed as a quite fun dpser.

On top it's mostly WoW classes, but in MoP or previous incarnations. WoD changes have been mostly a gigantic pile of dung in my opinion.
As a footnote, in the EoF period, I enjoyed a lot playing my EQ2 fury. A very nice mix of healing and damage, with strong single target and ae capacity. A very very good class, fairly immune to the gigantic skill bloat plaguing all the other ones.