What do you do?

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like everyone is out to get you and there is nothing you can do to overcome this hardship.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
People like to bitch. Lots of people bitch in my industry. I bitch too. Unless they can fire you or sign your paycheck - meh.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm constantly being chastised for not following very specific internal procedures I was never trained on, and frequently told conflicting information when I asked what the procedures were.
Does your office use written language at all or is it just word of mouth on everything?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like everyone is out to get you and there is nothing you can do to overcome this hardship.
What are you trying to say bro? Mist isn't a victim... everyone is just *that* stupid and incompetent...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's not like I sometimes spend 2 hours looking for some obscure documentation here that when I find it ends up being 7 years out of date. That actually happens every day nevermind

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like you're exactly the kind of stupid asshole she's dealing with giving her conflicting information. Isn't there anyone competent enough to micromanage their adult employees anymore?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Need some general advice

I'm going to be job hunting next year, for the first time in about 20 years(up until this point I've always been offered positions while already having a current job, I've never had to seek them out myself)

What are the best sites to jobhunt on nowadays? Monster? GlassDoor? Craigslist? Indeed? Just curious if there's one or two places I should be focusing on more than others, I don't want to waste my time.

Borzak

Need some general advice

I'm going to be job hunting next year, for the first time in about 20 years(up until this point I've always been offered positions while already having a current job, I've never had to seek them out myself)

What are the best sites to jobhunt on nowadays? Monster? GlassDoor? Craigslist? Indeed? Just curious if there's one or two places I should be focusing on more than others, I don't want to waste my time.
Is there a site that caters to your field? There's one just for steel detailers, designers, project managers and estimators and I've had really good luck with it thru the years both on job leads and hiring people.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Need some general advice

Make sure your LinkedIn profile is up to date and I'd look for recruiters in the area there and send connection requests. I recommend putting up a good, professional looking picture in your profile too.

Vinen

God is dead
Need some general advice

What industry?

If you are in Software you are kinda screwed. You should have built a network by now.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Nothing IT/software related at all.

My background is in sales. First retail management and currently Insurance(personal & commercial). I'm probably looking to stay in some sort of insurance/finance/benefits related field. Haven't decided if I want to stay in sales, or move over more to the service/underwriting side of things.

So far I've just been browsing individual company websites for openings, but I also haven't been to aggressive in searching yet as my current job doesn't end until December 2016 (but I could leave earlier if I found something better)

Vinen

God is dead
Nothing IT related at all.

My background is in sales. First retail management and currently Insurance(personal & commercial). I'm probably looking to stay in some sort of insurance/finance/benefits related field. Haven't decided if I want to stay in sales, or move over more to the service/underwriting side of things.
Ahh, OK.

My entire knowledge of that industry is how much I dislike Sales Executives.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you toss your resume up on monster you don't even have to look for jobs, you'll have 6000 recruiters hitting you up by the next day. No joke.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Does your office use written language at all or is it just word of mouth on everything?
Basically we get chastised verbosely in emails and then our boss tells us verbally the next day that they don't actually give a shit when we fuck up, because it's not like they can actually fire us given the absurd burnout rate and the fact that Electric Boat and Raytheon are hiring away everyone that can pass a drug test, which is only about 20% of our employees. I'm putting in my applications at those places ASAP because I am the exact type of funless cunt they're looking for.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Basically we get chastised verbosely in emails and then our boss tells us verbally the next day that they don't actually give a shit when we fuck up, because it's not like they can actually fire us given the absurd burnout rate and the fact that Electric Boat and Raytheon are hiring away everyone that can pass a drug test, which is only about 20% of our employees. I'm putting in my applications at those places ASAP because I am the exact type of funless cunt they're looking for.
Nothing beats a job where no one cares when you fuck up. Last 12 months I just deleted every email someone sent me who tried to criticize me (most of the times they were wrong anyways)

Borzak

Does anyone not take pride in what they do and acutally acomplish thru thier work anymore?