What do you do?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
My last job asked why I had not had any PTO logged. HR lady said "didn't you take time off whnvyour son was born?" I said yeah a few days. She docked me. Fuck her. Then I quit.

I've been working from home the last 3 weeks straight and I'm going stir crazy, which you can see through my late night drunken ramblings here. Doesn't help that a friend just started working at a winery and sent me a case of wine this past weekend. I need to get the hell out of my house.
Yes you do. I was an absolute hermit when I first started working from home and it absolutely wrecked me. I started taking a lunch out to the local parks and shit like that whenever it was feasible. Restored the balance nicely.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yes you do. I was an absolute hermit when I first started working from home and it absolutely wrecked me. I started taking a lunch out to the local parks and shit like that whenever it was feasible. Restored the balance nicely.
Gonna need to keep this in mind when I start teleworking next week. My plan is to take the dogs for midday walks.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't know how you guys do it. I work from home once a month and I can't stand it - also I barely can get any work done with a wife and kid bothering me.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
No kids, wife is at work. Just two big fuzzy dogs who are happy to nap in the floor next to me all day.

I don't know how you guys do it. I work from home once a month and I can't stand it - also I barely can get any work done with a wife and kid bothering me.
Well it has its perks. I don't really have a schedule because I work independently with very little oversight, so as long as the work gets done by its deadline they don't care at which point in the day I sit my happy ass down to work. I mostly force myself to start at nine most days take a couple hours for lunch and finish off at four or five. Some days when things like league world's are on I don't start working until noon or so and knock of later in the day. It is also really nice for when I have something personal I need to get done. Like heylel I only have my dog to keep me company so no annoyances.

When i do go on sight I actually find it pretty annoying, to many people just chit chatting and too many distractions in general. I guess that atmosphere is the reason for how laid back they are towards my scheduling while at home but it gets to me in person.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My last job asked why I had not had any PTO logged. HR lady said "didn't you take time off whnvyour son was born?" I said yeah a few days. She docked me. Fuck her. Then I quit.
I'm sorry why is it the HR lady's fault you can't fill out a time sheet properly?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I go in my office at home and shut the door, put on headphones and watch netflix while I work. Can't hear shit and can't see shit. Come out every couple of hours and play with the kid for 10-15 minutes. It's awesome.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm really bad about actually working when I work from home. If I need to accomplish something I have to go to the office or I'll just play video games all day.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Getting paid by the hour really shits on your video game time. I spend 2-3 hours sitting around waiting for a raid to start or wiping and I go, fuck I could have made $900 during this time. Welp, unsub

Gonna need to keep this in mind when I start teleworking next week. My plan is to take the dogs for midday walks.
I also make it a point to get ready like I have to be when I'm going in to work. No sitting around in boxers and a t shirt after just rolling out of bed. Where most people I know who work from home screw up is doing stuff like that. I did at the beginning and I started becoming the hermit slob. So now it's get up two hours before I plan to start, go for a short run, shower and shave, eat a good breakfast, and then get to work. Work and personal quality improved dramatically.

The whole video game thing is really just self restraint. Some people aren't up to denying the temptation. My work does go a bit slower when a good new release comes out though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Getting paid by the hour really shits on your video game time. I spend 2-3 hours sitting around waiting for a raid to start or wiping and I go, fuck I could have made $900 during this time. Welp, unsub
Even if I got paid by the hour it's really easy to fudge

"Spent 4 hours trying to debug some issue" and by debug I mean pugged Highmaul with scrubs

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I loved working at home for the 10+ years I did it. Not married and no kids. I'm a very rural person and at the time I lived on my property adjacent to 140,000 acres of national forest on one side and a 19,000 acre block that belonged to a timber company that I had rights to. This was before cell phones and I basically would have say 2 weeks to draw something. I would fuck off for a week and then get it done the second week working 12 hours a day. Could get out and clear my mind. Take a walk in the woods, go fish in the pond, ride my mountain bike or even just set on the deck and watch the deer.

A lot of times I worked all night and slept all day. I loved every minute of it.