What do you do?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've given a lot of thought to going the Cad route once my debt is erased in the next 2-3 years. Just to start up the debt train all over again!

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I've given a lot of thought to going the Cad route once my debt is erased in the next 2-3 years. Just to start up the debt train all over again!
I went to school on full scholarship beeotch. Zero tuition. And wife was working while I went to school anyway. School debt is for suckers
smile.png

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I really don't mind conference calls because I'm mainly getting an update on how things are going on the other end in the field or the engineering company still doing a design half way thru fabrication. I'm giving them how much has been fabricated etc...

What pisses me off are ones on Friday after lunch. We knock off at 11am on Fridays. Grrrr.

Borzak

I went to school on full scholarship beeotch. Zero tuition. And wife was working while I went to school anyway. School debt is for suckers
smile.png
I went to school on a 90% scholarship which is why I got a forestry and wildlife management degree because they would pay for it. Worked out I guess, I'm VP of engineering which is also why I don't have my diplomas hanging in my office.

I came out of school with money. Most of my tuition and expenses paid, worked part time doing what I do now, and paid a whopping $250/month rent for a house on 15 acres with a pond.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
One time a project manager scheduled a meeting relating to a company acquisition at 4:30pm on a Friday... "It was the only time everyone was available!" was his response. He wasn't too popular after that.

Borzak

One time a project manager scheduled a meeting relating to a company acquisition at 4:30pm on a Friday... "It was the only time everyone was available!" was his response. He wasn't too popular after that.
Yeah it sucks, mostly becauase some of the people are calling in from Japan which means odd times or get to work super freaking early. Screw that too.

They have visited a number of times and apparently they don't understand getting off work early on Friday or having Saturday off and lots of other stuff. Guy had a heart attack when we all left at 4:30 which is the end of our work day since we start at 7am and take half a day Friday.

Khane

smile.png
Is that typical for people who are already established in careers and not coming out of high school? I just randomly assumed only high schoolers qualified for scholarships.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Is that typical for people who are already established in careers and not coming out of high school? I just randomly assumed only high schoolers qualified for scholarships.
Law schools don't care if you're established or not. All they care about is undergrad GPA and LSAT. Schools that are safeties for you will give you scholarship money.

Borzak

Good thing I didn't want to become a lawyer. I had a GED and got a scholarship lol.

I never formally applied for grad school. Arthur Temple/Temple Inland paid for my grad schooling. Didn't hurt I went to the Arthur Temple College of Forestry at Stephen F. Austin State University after getting an undergrad scholarship from the SRT (sons of the republic of TX - which I am).

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Good thing I didn't want to become a lawyer. I had a GED and got a scholarship lol.

I never formally applied for grad school. Arthur Temple/Temple Inland paid for my grad schooling. Didn't hurt I went to the Arthur Temple College of Forestry at Stephen F. Austin State University after getting an undergrad scholarship from the SRT (sons of the republic of TX - which I am).
Lawyers are all about pedigree, a lot of the work is pretty standard but they want certain qualifications to meet a certain standard of prestige. It's kind of asinine but they want to be able to give out their hiring standards and have it be "we only recruit from these schools" "we only hire the top 10%" etc.

You don't seem like a pedigree type of guy to me.
smile.png

Khane

Hrmmm.

Undergrad GPA was only like 3.4, I blew it! Though Clarkson University is a pretty well respected engineering school.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Hrmmm.

Undergrad GPA was only like 3.4, I blew it! Though Clarkson University is a pretty well respected engineering school.
That'd be fine if you get a 170+ LSAT.

They also don't care what your major was or what school you went to. Just the # is all that matters.

Vinen

God is dead
Hrmmm.

Ohh jesus. You went to school in Potsdamn? That town is a shit-hole. The frat parties drive me bat-shit insane as there is constantly vomit on my uncles shops doorstep every morning.

Khane

I have no idea how the fuck people live up there. It's truly terrible.

Borzak

You don't seem like a pedigree type of guy to me.
smile.png
The only one that matters to me is I am the last surviving descendant of a signer of the TX Decleration of Indpendence.

I'm currently hiring engineers and I really don't even look at their school. Of course we're basically shutting down a department of non college grads and replacing them with engineers to satisfy someone else. Non engineers did just fine in the past.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Going in tomorrow to sign my contract for my new job. Not bad, will be teaching high school english. Different county than what I student taught and subbed in. Principal seems laid back. Feels good man.

Vinen

God is dead
Going in tomorrow to sign my contract for my new job. Not bad, will be teaching high school english. Different county than what I student taught and subbed in. Principal seems laid back. Feels good man.
Until you have to deal with high schoolers. I have no idea how you people do it.

Woman who teaches High School History is one of the "regulars" at a dog park near me. It's non stop bitching about kids and their parents. It's zero surprise she is single (and slightly crazy)

The best part is she teaches in the town I live. Its a 8~9/10 School Systems as far as MA towns go where Lexington/Netwon are 10/10. So these are FULL BLOWN helicopter parents.

Borzak

You must have 10,000% more patience than I have.

Congrats on the job.

In college for a short while I lived in a duplex. The neighbor was getting an education degree. I can't imagine the kids she taught. She was the most gullible person on the planet. You could havd said "aliens landed on the white house lawn and are having a press conference" and she would say "Really, should I turn on the TV".

Borzak

Guess I should have become an attorney, found out today my sister is suing me.