What games are made better by cheating?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
And by cheating, I don't just mean weird glitches that don't really impact the game.

I remember ruining Diablo 2 by using a character trainer and I really haven't cheated much in any game since then, with the exception of RTS games. Well, I picked up skyrim again a few weeks ago and did the fortify resto/enchanting loop with my first character. My bow was doing about 1.3 million damage and I was completely unkillable on max difficulty. I started a new character without using that glitch and have been enjoying the game way more.

I remember a few games that I thought were a lot more fun with cheats, but most of the time they just end up ruining the game. Anyone else remember cheats that made the game better?

Better with cheating-
Age of Empires (+food cheat to get a million villagers gathering)
Grand Theft Auto - The cheats are just too fun NOT to use
Contra- 99 lives

Szlia

There is a brilliant board game calledJunta. Where cheating is allowed (I don't remember what was the punishment for getting caught though). That really adds to the game!

Rime

<Donor>
Playing through the old Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale/etc games once was fun. If I replayed them after that, though, I always cheated right off of the bat and gave everyone Boots of Haste/Boots of Traveling, just because there was so much walking from place to place.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I remember that! Wasn't there also a hidden ring on the ground just to the south and east of the gate of a city? I don't remember what it did though.

Baldur's gate is really the only game from that whole series that I enjoyed. Misc, Imoen and those two evil bastards really made the experience for me. I probably played through that game 6 times, and I always went back to get that hidden ring at the beginning of each replay

Column_sl

shitlord
Boderlands. The modding gear community for the original game extended that game well past it's expiration date.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Old console games are improved a great deal by cheating. Emulators+save states. Some of them just had random RNG built-in to some levels, secrets, etc., it was just luck. Getting rid of that improved a lot of those games a ton.

Szlia

Old console games are improved a great deal by cheating. Emulators+save states. Some of them just had random RNG built-in to some levels, secrets, etc., it was just luck. Getting rid of that improved a lot of those games a ton.
That and speed! These NES RPGs are no longer playable at regular speed. All the walking around and fights against trash you kill with basic attacks is best done at 500% speed.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Mount and Blade: Warband.

There's basically two games, an overworld semi-turn based game where you march your army around the map, finding bandits, enemy armies, towns etc to fight. Then the real-time combat game where you ride your horse around and smash fools with your army. At first I played it legit and found I played the overworld game most of the time, desperately trying to find someone suitable to fight and then chasing them for several minutes before I caught them. I quit after a couple nights of this and later came back and found there's cheats to remove fog of war and teleport around the map. Since then I've probably played hundreds of hours of that game with different mods. I don't cheat in the combat part, but being able to teleport and remove fog of war definitely removes a big part of the difficulty of the game and I don't care.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That and speed! These NES RPGs are no longer playable at regular speed. All the walking around and fights against trash you kill with basic attacks is best done at 500% speed.
Yeah I played a few pokemon games with an emulator and had it cranked up to 15x speed. Then I bought a DS and pokemon and couldn't get through it. It was sooo slow.

Caliane

Two that come to mind showing my age... Contra and Metroid. Justin Bailey. And the Konami code. as a Kid, man everyone used that 30 lives. except that rare time to prove you could do it without. But 30 lives, then playing 2 player and murdering your teammate on purpose was way more fun.

Removing weight restrictions in things like Fallout.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hello!
rrr_img_75062.jpg