What games are made better by cheating?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I "cheat" excessively in Civ 5, I go as far as using IGE to fix broken starts or heal cities during sieges along with using many mods to fix some of the more stupid restrictions (such as stone works in plains) and to remove some of the ridiculous start boni the AI has like 4 free techs and a second settler.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
If I replay an NES and depending on the SNES game I'll run cheats. I've beat every NES game I'm going to beat without cheating at this point and going back and God moding shit can be fun.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Hello!
rrr_img_75062.jpg
GALOOB is like the best company name ever in the history of companies.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I loved Skyrim up until I cheated. Even after going to a new hard drive and doing parts of the game over again, it still never made the game to the point of not being enjoyable. As soon as I started using console in it, it went down hill quick no matter what mod I used. I dont even care to have the game installed on any of my computers anymore. Thats just one game I wish I would have never even started cheating in. Even if I just start with something like infinite weight - I eventually get to the point to where I cheat with something else and then Im back at the same spot my other characters are.
frown.png

The only games I really think that cheating doesnt matter much is, like others have said, the grind games. Dragon Warrior, although short as shit with cheats, all of them are vastly more enjoyable when you dont have to grind. Crystalis is more enjoyable when you dont have to grind. Phantasy Star - omg, leaps and bounds a better series when you dont have to grind in 1, 2, and 3. PP 4 was relatively ok with very little grinding. Shining Force is another one. ---- The only thing is that I wish I could make it so I knew what level I should be to have a "challenging" fight in these games. That way, I can skip all the grind, but be able to go up against a boss and his minions and it be challenging. Just put it this way, if the game has a fantastic story - cheating wont ruin it.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
If given the option, I will nearly always increase dialog stats/abilities in games on the chance that I might get different scenarios that can be missed without them. +% damage and such stats are boring, but if a game gimps you completely by not picking the damage abilities, I might cheat in + stat points to put on non-power abilities like dialog options. That goes for games with little re-playability. I have no problem finishing a game without the best items, but I will be upset if I feel I missed story / content.

And mod away weight limits. I do that in nearly every game possible.

Other than those things, I will agree that removing direct grinding in some games would be nice.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm playing right now and the weight restrictions are JUST becoming a "fuck it" sort of deal. My smithing, enchanting and alchemy are all maxed and I own the 3 hearthfire homes with my cash crops growing, so I really don't need to loot a damn thing, unless it's a rare item.

Another game I just remembered that I always cheated in was Total Annihilation. +ATM
I just wanted to build a big ass base surrounded by annihilators and patrolling air/ground units with repair bots patrolling & healing. I'd play 1v8 (with the drdeath cheat for increased AI opponents) and see how long I could keep my base alive. Can't really withstand those first rushes against 8 enemies without cheating.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I can't really think of any games that are improved by cheating. I used a cheat in Morrowind and it immediately ruined the game for me.

Fadaar

That guy
Anything by Bethesda (Fallout series, Elder Scroll series) be it with mods or just slight cheating ie money/weight restrictions, Diablo II with maphack, original EQ with ShowEQ, Doom with cheat codes was fun (probably the first game I cheated it), WoW by playing a ret paladin when 3.0 talents went live... best 3 days ever until the nerfs hit.

Cybsled

7 Days to Die by using Creative Mode cheat activation. You can construct some pretty cool bases because it lets you place assets that are not craftable.

Cybsled

Only time I recall ever using a Game Genie was to beat the game Earth Defense Force on SNES. Even with unlimited lives, I still died like 100 times. The final boss alone counted for like 40 of those.

"Lol, have fun dodging the 100000 plasma shots! You must move to this 1mm x 1mm square in 10 milliseconds or you die!"

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Ikari Warriors

As it stood, you had like 3 lives. It was as impossible as Contra. After the cheat for infinite lives, my buddy and I sank hours and hours into that shit.

I also second the weight cheats in games like Skyrim and Fallout. I mean, I get why they do it and all, but ughhhhhhh what a tedious fucking chore. I'll pass. I'll just cheat and carry 40 different swords, thank you very much!

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Ikari Warriors

As it stood, you had like 3 lives. It was as impossible as Contra. After the cheat for infinite lives, my buddy and I sank hours and hours into that shit.

I also second the weight cheats in games like Skyrim and Fallout. I mean, I get why they do it and all, but ughhhhhhh what a tedious fucking chore. I'll pass. I'll just cheat and carry 40 different swords, thank you very much!
Yeah, I have no idea how they thought anyone could beat Ikari Warriors legitimately. 3 lives wasn't even enough to get halfway through the first level. I do remember that the continue code would, sometimes, stop working, seemingly, randomly. Especially towards the end of a level.