What I Know Best: Game Development - Someone should hire me STAT.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
This is where the derails will go if the voting motion passes. But in the meantime if you want to talk about game mechanics and derail some threads, do it here.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I read the title and immediately looked for Curt's forum name as the poster. Dissapoint.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
The derails should come here even if it doesn't pass. Just don't make it a punishable offense. There is no reason EQ/armchair designer shit needs to be spread out over multiple threads. I enjoy a good debate on game mechanics as much as anyone, but when I click on a MMO thread I'd like that thread to actually be about the game it was created for. Even if that means those threads are only 10 pages long instead of 40.

On FoH the 38 Studios thread was pretty much just a armchair designer thread. It worked...even if the company didn't!

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Make all loot droppable except for long special quests. B2P. Cash shop only sells clothes pets and mounts, but all those things available in game so that artist time isn't split, the shop is just a short cut. WoW style combat with dodging like TSW & GW2. Big ole titties on them elves. SHIP IT.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is where the derails will go if the voting motion passes. But in the meantime if you want to talk about game mechanics and derail some threads, do it here.
I fail to see how a discussion of game mechanics is a derail from a thread discussing MMO's. What are we going to talk about? The art and music and that's it?

Lusiphur

Peasant
EDITTED OUT. Because I should read the fucking polls first before typing
frown.png

Xeldar

Silver Squire
>high level/low level interaction: As a lvl 10 at the courtyard of the castle, I should see heroic lvl 30 characters journeying in to battle the king. Sergeant Slates/Dragons reigning death from above/Hill Giants should path n00b zones. Wood elf titties need the proper amount of perk to bounce.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Implement a hardcore and/or full loot FFA PvP server for EVERY game. At worst it will act as a honeypot for retards and at best it might actually be fun.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I fail to see how a discussion of game mechanics is a derail from a thread discussing MMO's. What are we going to talk about? The art and music and that's it?
It's not game mechanics themselves as much as that when something about a game is mentioned, people talk about how EQ did it better and then 5 pages of people bickering back and forth about if EQ was the best game ever or not.

So now you want to read about TESO or Wildstar you have to sift through page after page of unrelated shit.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Combat/adventuring and crafting/economy systems show up in most games, but political/nation building systems are under represented. I would love to see more of that. Letting players move borders around and conquer cities would be interesting.

Effort to build needs to be less than the effort to destroy or conquer for that to work.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I was hoping that GW2's WvW would turn into an RTS-like or Risk like game. Instead of running around plugging holes on a map all night, which is boring after you've done it a few times, I'd prefer to see some kind of territory control game, where taking a keep/camp/tower/whatever is a bigger event. I'd like to see players building walls, and other defensive points and slowly move across the map fighting.

That way, you can really work in political and economical stuff in there. If things don't change overnight every single day, you have time to really create a narrative. EVE does it, GW2 should of tried for something like that.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Fair enough. They certainly weren't the first. But man, are those things perky.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Can we bring back motherfucking, basic-ass, this-exp-is-equal-or-better-than-solo, multiple-hour, group exp camps where we just pull and kill monsters.

I ENJOY THAT SHIT AND SO DO OTHERS. I DON'T WANT TO FEEL LIKE I'M PLAYING A SINGLE PLAYER GAME COLLECTING BEAR ASSES ANYMORE.

I could do that shit. Hire me, stat.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
More go and collect more bear asses quest at preset waypoint. Those are my favorite quests