What If...?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Seems like you're just being deliberately obtuse. @Runnen isn't making up some wild theory, he's just stating the (extremely) obvious.

Yes, extremely obvious that this thing that we've specifically seen would happen, now won't happen "just because". The entire concept is supposed to be what would happen if just one small thing was changed, not the entire workings of the universe. So sure his theory is possible, but also a guess not hinted at or said anywhere in the episode which is the only thing that's ever mentioned the fixed point concept.

Anyways, time travel stories usually have plot holes since it's an impossible concept in the first place, was more interested in if I missed something and less in someone's fanfiction.

Cybsled

Honestly, him losing his love is worse than his hands getting badly injured. With his hands, he was able to eventually get a solution to that problem and fix it. With Christine dying, he had no workable solution - which pushed him to look for extreme measures.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Honestly, him losing his love is worse than his hands getting badly injured. With his hands, he was able to eventually get a solution to that problem and fix it. With Christine dying, he had no workable solution - which pushed him to look for extreme measures.
I was under the impression he hadn't actually fixed his hands. They were shaking when the Ancient One needed surgery in Dr Strange and they were still shaking in Endgame.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Well, I guess the best way to put it is the problem he faced with his hands was fixed by learning magic - loss of control / loss of purpose.

Learning magic didn't fix the loss he sustained from losing the woman he loved

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I was under the impression he hadn't actually fixed his hands. They were shaking when the Ancient One needed surgery in Dr Strange and they were still shaking in Endgame.
He didn't need to fix his shaky hands to do magic. The Ancient One showed him that by having that handless guy do magic.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
As far as Christine's death being a fixed point, think of it this way.

In that universe, PRIOR to her death it wasn't a fixed point. But when it happened, it became a fixed point.

Like if you decided to make a a veggie lasagna and then realized how terrible a mistake that was. You can't go back in time to a point where you DIDNT know it was a terrible mistake because even if you are able to influence your past self to make a meat lasagna YOU will always know that veggie lasagna is an abomination. You can't unknow that.

If alternate universe elder god Dr strange changes the past, then HIS reason for becoming sorcerer supreme would never have existed and he wouldn't have become it.

OUR Dr strange had a different catalyst, yes, but that's not the issue. Elder strange is trying to go back and alter HIS OWN creation. That's what's causing the fixed point.

It's arguable that possibly someone ELSE could try to alter elder strange's creation, perhaps it's not a universal fixed point, just simply a fixed point for strange.

That could be an interesting story, to get more elder strange stories... Maybe have him learn about the multiverse and try to kidnap OUR Christine... Or in a fit of jealousy try to mess with other strange's creations... But that could get needlessly complicated... But I would love for elder strange to show up in multiverse of madness

Edit: honestly I'd love it if all these episodes were longer. Even the weaker ones really would have benefitted from that. This week was a perfect example of that. Spend more time investing in these characters and the premise and it goes from being fairly meh to pretty great

Last edited:

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
To me it felt like the big What If? change in the Dr. Strange ep wasn't what if Christine died instead of his hands getting crushed (he lost his heart instead of his hands). It was What if Steven Strange wasn't a selfish narcissist. From the first moments of the episode it was totally different with her actually going to the awards with him, him holding the car door open for her. The entire way he acted was different from how he acts in the movie universe. He never had that level of heart in the movie version. I took it as an entirely different version of him right from the start even before the crash.

• 1Dislike

j00t

To me it felt like the big What If? change in the Dr. Strange ep wasn't what if Christine died instead of his hands getting crushed (he lost his heart instead of his hands). It was What if Steven Strange wasn't a selfish narcissist. From the first moments of the episode it was totally different with her actually going to the awards with him, him holding the car door open for her. The entire way he acted was different from how he acts in the movie universe. He never had that level of heart in the movie version. I took it as an entirely different version of him right from the start even before the crash.
yeah, which is probably why her death even means anything to elder being strange. just further evidence that longer episodes could be so much better.

• 1Dislike

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It felt like there were 10 more minutes left of this episode but then they decided to just end it instead.

velk

Trakanon Raider
"What if Killmonger was less of a dumbass?" - I thought this one was pretty good.

Not sure what Killmonger's endgame is there though, is he really expecting Wakanda to win a war with the USA ? Their army apparently consists of a few hundred spear chicks and some giant rhinos.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There's other ways in other universes, not in this one. In this one, the only way for him to be Sorcerer Supreme is to lose Christine in the car accident, that's why it cannot or should not be prevented.

Supposedly in our universe his hands being severely damaged is a fixed point as well, and it is likely that upon learning how to manipulate time, if Strange had attempted to go back to the past and save his hands from harm, he'd have been injured somehow every single attempt too, because otherwise he wouldn't have undergone the journey to become what allowed him to time-travel back in the first place.

I think you're just trying too hard to fit these alternate realities into the "one sacred timeline" of the MCU.
They actually did a story in the comics with him fixing his hands and how it screwed with his ability to be Sorcerer Supreme to do this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

"What if Killmonger was less of a dumbass?" - I thought this one was pretty good.

Not sure what Killmonger's endgame is there though, is he really expecting Wakanda to win a war with the USA ? Their army apparently consists of a few hundred spear chicks and some giant rhinos.

I assume he would have used his influence to create more weapons. Plus what would the US missiles do against an energy shield that even alien tech had trouble getting through?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I wanted to watch the rest of this movie... The ending was maddening.

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

It honestly felt like the first episode where it was really made for a sequel/continuation

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Read the premise before watching, didn't really care. First 20 minutes, I was pretty into it. By the end, I didn't care again. Very predictable once it got past the halfway point. And yeah, I don't know what they were thinking with that abrupt ending.

spronk

FPS noob
marvel half-assed that episode, woulda been far more interesting if Killmonger was way more evil and fucked up. His entire elaborate plan was ludicrously over complicated. The entire US response made absolutely no logical sense at all. "Ok lets take this robot army we just commandeered and have never tested and send it all to one place under the command of the guy who told us who the bad guys are! And built the army for us! This makes perfect sense!"

It is funny this is like the 3d What If that killed off Black Panther, this show is really racist

• 1Like

j00t

i'm fairly indifferent to this episode. too much happened too quickly, but then again, they drove home that killmonger is an evil sociopath. my whole problem with the black panther movie is that despite killmonger being a straight up murderer, he's treated like some twisted savior because he's fighting for black people against colonizers. no, he's not. he just uses that excuse to be a sociopath. at least this episode black panther called him out on it instead of rolling over on that argument in the movie.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
killmonger episode was not awful, till he got to wakanda. then it just turned to shit.
first half was also helped by klaw being awesome.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Better than I expected, but meh overall. And yeah, felt like it was supposed to be 10 minutes longer.