What If...?

spronk

FPS noob
two weird things were accepting that zola would really be effective in any way against an infinity stone powered ultron, or that even an infinity stone ultron could actually break through multiverses. Sorta conflicts with Loki, but maybe not depending on how we see Kang.

still a good episode, really crazy stuff. Not really a big surprise that the Dr. Strange and this episode are tied directly together and the two best.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Loki was having it set up that infinity stones only work in their home universe which is consistent with the comics.

Also not really clear how he was able to just split 4 infinity stone Thanos in half with just the mind stone. Does that mean Vision could have just obliterated Thanos at any time?

Cybsled

Ultron, if like Vision, is part machine and part mind stone. Zola fucking with code could impact things, but I doubt he could influence the mind stone. I suspect he will do something, but the multiverse Avengers or whatever they do end up defeating him finally

On a side note, I figured out why Captain Marvel isn’t annoying in these episodes - the cartoon can actually emote and convey themselves better than Brie Larson

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Loki was having it set up that infinity stones only work in their home universe which is consistent with the comics.

Also not really clear how he was able to just split 4 infinity stone Thanos in half with just the mind stone. Does that mean Vision could have just obliterated Thanos at any time?

Thor almost killed Thanos and Thanos was surprised at other times - not too much of a stretch that he could be caught off guard

As for stone rules, they could always explain it as some quantum realm rule

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
This episode was pretty wild. Probably my 2nd favorite of the series so far behind the Dr Strange one.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, multiverse infinity stones breaks some rules from Loki and the comics and bugged me a little. A lot of mindless fun otherwise.

I was surprised with all the cosmic glimpses we didn't get more larger easter eggs like eternity, tribunal, celestials, glimpses of other random unintroduced MCU characters like Nova or Cosmic Ghost Rider, throw Galactus' ship above a planet that's getting destroyed in a wide shot, etc.

• 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it definitely breaks rules from the comics, but we don't know if it breaks rules from loki because we don't really know where the TVA is. it seems these rules are consistent with endgame though, as the infinity stones can't be destroyed in the comics, but thanos was able to. it's also a bit wonky because of how branching timelines work in that when they used the stones in endgame, they still worked despite being taken OUT of their original timeline.

effectively the stones that were used in endgame were from ANOTHER timeline, even though they were the same stones that they interacted with earlier in their life. it's stupid wibbly wobbly timey wimey nonsense but the movie made it clear that time travel isn't like back to the future. which is the exact reason why old man cap showing up at the end didn't make any sense according to the internal logic of the movie.

obviously people are debating that, even the writers and directors don't agree, but there's enough gray area in that debate to make the assumption that in the MCU, the stones work throughout each multiverse. which should end up making a stupid plot goal for someone to retrieve multiple copies of the stones to one up each other... but then again you have the TVA which did exactly that...

cross-eyed.gif

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Was hoping for a quick moment we were getting a Richard Rider Nova cameo on Xandar when the beam hit Ultron, but of course it had to be captain party pooper again.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
she's 100% better animated. i initially disliked her showing up last week but then by sheer virtue of not being brie larson she grew on me.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That was a pretty awesome episode. Probably my favorite so far.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They could have just had the Dr. Strange episode and this one. Maybe a couple others to show the Watcher and what he does. Looking forward to the last Episode. That was pretty fucking epic.

Cybsled

I wouldn’t be surprised if last episode literally picks up from end of Party Thor episode, or they show up there by the end. Chronologically, Party Thor clearly took place after this most recent episode.

Im guessing the Watcher will use the Dr Strange pocket universe as his base of operations to get help from other dimensions

Although I do wonder how it will end - half these people come from fucked universes. Do they have to go back, or do they get to move to a different universe? Or do they just kill them all off to avoid that question lol

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Does Zombieverse come into play somehow? How did that comic series end? Because IIRC zombie Reed Richards was universe hopping.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Although I do wonder how it will end - half these people come from fucked universes. Do they have to go back, or do they get to move to a different universe? Or do they just kill them all off to avoid that question lol
Assuming they are making a version of the Exiles, I believe they were taken from their universes moments before they would have died in an accident or bad event, so their timelines and universes were unaffected, however, I don't know how that works with the characters we've been introduced to so far, other than Strange.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
In the emergency awesome recap it was mentioned there was some Iron Man in Sakaar episode (What If Iron Man didn't make it back through the portal in Avengers 1) that was pushed to next season for some reason and included that Gamora in Thanos armor we've seen in previews. There was a Lego set teased for this too. This being axed from this season is supposedly the reason for the continuity jump between the party Thor and this episode.