What is going on with the Forums??

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

iannis

Musty Nester
I know this is obvious, but it's got a bad reference file somewhere that it's not letting you clear out.

I have no idea whatsoever where it is or how you purge it, but if it were me i'd start looking through memory settings.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Same. No results.
Not suggesting this as a solution, but have you tried installing a different browser to see if the redirects still occur? That way you'll know it's specifically the browser that's the problem.

it sounds like it's a cookie hanging around that's executing a malicious redirect.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
You might have to roll back the cache / cookie history farther, I was given 24 hr - 3 day - 1 week options in my browser for the clear.

So I just opened my browser on my phone to try this.... and now it's working. I have no idea why.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Are you all on androids, WiFi, still certain cell service?

Android yes. Wifi hasn't been on for at least 20 hours. Service is Sprint.

For the record I cleared my cache, history, and cookies twice, then rebooted my phone, then opened my browser with bad results. But then I waited 15 minutes, tried again, and voila.

I don't know enough to know what or why this worked, but it seems to have.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>

For the record I cleared my cache, history, and cookies twice, then rebooted my phone, then opened my browser with bad results. But then I waited 15 minutes, tried again, and voila.

Could be a problem with cloudflare with certain isps. Might need to clear cache and wait a bit so it doesn’t try using something existing and staying stuck in some faulty cache loop through cloudflare.

Last edited:

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Could be a problem with cloudflare with certain isps.

It was down on my desktop PC for a couple days (Spectrum Cable), but it resolved after about 30-40ish hours or thereabouts. No reboots that I can recall.

But it was down for much longer on my phone (Sprint) and only just resolved like 10 minutes ago, about 15 minutes after a reboot.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Fixed it on my end, I had too go into Android Settings and manually clear the cache data in my phone and tablet, I guess chrome doesn't excalty clear "everything" if you do it in the apps menu.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

you super cookies probably just expired lulz

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, time should do it as your cookies expire.

I'd suspect anyone having issues with not just simply clear cache, have their cookies sync'd to all devices?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
What worked for me on android was settings->privacy->clear browsing data->cached images and files->firesofheaven.org.

I didn't clear cookies btw.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Man. This is like working an IT desk with only boomers calling in with help request.

I mean I guess that's literally what this is. Friggin boomers, man.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Man. This is like working an IT desk with only boomers calling in with help request.

I mean I guess that's literally what this is. Friggin boomers, man.

“My Windows isn’t working.”

That’s Boomer for Word, AOL, Internet, Cat Pictures, Printer, Power Button, Chair, Monitor, and Firesofheaven.org.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user